Championship Manager 2010

Stevie B

The_FA_Premier_League_Football_Manager_2001_Coverart.jpg

I had a love for that game on PS1. Played it for hours and hours. The editing options on it were good and I remember putting United in Division 3 then taking them all the way to the PL. I'd still play it today if I could locate the disc/if it worked on PS3.

And the edit mode is so good, I wouldn't mind having a crack at spending hours on making an update for it.

So Ellis kindly offered to buy the game I listed above for me (>_>) but I can't find out if it'll play on PS3. I know most PS1 titles do, but I fear it'd be one of the ones that didn't get playback-ability.

Does anyone know of a list that confirms which ones do/don't play? I know there's one for PS2 playback, but I (nor Ellis) can find one for PS1. :/

I think the first one I played properly was one of the Prem Managers on PS1. The art of signing 4 star players at the start like Davor Suker for like 1m. That and playing as Newcastle and selling Hamman for 8m. I think Clyde Wijnhard at Leeds was worth something stupid like 6m or so. Derek Lilley was at Leeds too on that. Sean Dundee at Liverpool too.

Though I was exposed to CM earlier than that. Plus I had Kevin Keegan Player Manager on the SNES which had fake players. The players were fake and without instructions it took me ages to work out how to progress the game. Turned out that on one of the screens that had a stand in the background you had to click on a small clock on the roofing.

Was it Ultimate Soccer Manager where you were able to bet on your own games? And they used to have a picture of some old guy as the Chairman who would tell you to 'pull your finger out' whenever you were doing badly. If so then that was my first football management game too but I can't remember what version of it that it was.