UEFA Champions League 2009/10 Thread

stokeriño

Well Laugh My Ass Off.

Torres goes off, Liverpool conceed.

Because he would've had anything to do with Lyon scoring or not :rolleyes:

Kyriagos and Agger have hardly played together and Kyriagos is fourth choice CB. That cocked it up, they didn't deal with it. That is why the goal was scored.

Well Laugh My Ass Off.

Torres goes off, Liverpool conceed.

Because he would've had anything to do with Lyon scoring or not :rolleyes:

Kyriagos and Agger have hardly played together and Kyriagos is fourth choice CB. That cocked it up, they didn't deal with it. That is why the goal was scored.

Oh I know, it just seems like Benitez can't get a break. Three minutes after hearing commentators complain that 5 more minutes wouldn't hurt Torres, Liverpool go and conceed. I was just waiting for the whole "Benitez clearly doesn't know how to manage a team" crap that covers up for Liverppol's defence playing crap.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not really all that miffed. Poor performances and bad defending cost the place in the second round. I wasn't really expecting to go through. I don't see much blame going on Rafa, I can't see anything he's done wrong. Players have under performed and also, unfortunately been injured.

Has Obertan ever been just "okay"? It's baffling him, when I watch him he either looks atrocious or impressive. Against Besiktas I thought he was very good, played some good balls and was genuinley lively. Turn onto Sky Sports News just in time to hear the all-knowing Paul Merson call him terrible.

Not only does he either play awesome or rubbish, but depending on who you listen to, it can often be at the same time? Lo-and-behold I get online the next day and people are proclaiming that Obertan ran the show last night, while others are saying he was truly awful.

... I don't think I've ever seen something so divided in football in quite a while that it's at completely opposite ends of the spectrum like this is.

He looks promising to me. But then again, so did Nani when he first joined. Obertan was far from terrible yesterday and put in a pretty decent performance for the most part. I think a lot of the people who call him terrible are still thinking back to the Blackburn(?) game when he missed a couple of clear chances. Although, as encouraging as Obertan has been in most of his performances so far, I can't help but question why Bordeaux were so suprised about the bid from us and so willing to let him go.

Nani was immense in his debut season, to the point where SAF trusted him enough to throw him into the Champions League final and pick him as the 5th penalty taker

Nowadays he doesn't even get on the pitch for a meaningless champions league game, it's frustrating because he's so talented but his decision making is pathetic

Regarding Nani:-

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has insisted he has no intentions of selling Nani in January. The Portuguese winger has admitted his frustration at being unable to hold down a regular first-team spot this term.

Following the exit of Cristiano Ronaldo in the summer, Nani was seen as the heir apparent but that has not transpired.

The likes of AC Milan and Benfica are both said to be keen on the 23-year-old but Ferguson is adamant he will not be selling.

"Somebig clubs have been mentioned for Nani, like Milan and Benfica, butthere has been no contact made with us - and we wouldn't entertainselling him anyway," Ferguson is quoted by the Sunday Mirror.

"He is only 23. If someone came in for Nani in January we would tell him that he is going absolutely nowhere.

"He's a young boy and he wants to play - and he might get a chance against Spurs in the Carling Cup this week.

"He has suffered because Valencia's form has been excellent and because Obertan has emerged as an interesting player.

"It is no criticism of Nani, but the way things have developed in the last few weeks have gone against him.

"I have spoken to him and told him that he must take his chance when it comes along."

-Sky Sports

Edited by Dont Fear The Reaper

• 2 weeks later...