General Television Thread

Hellfire

Oh, believe me dude, it's a once a month thing at most--a bit like heroin.

I've done it once, and that was because I had was recovering from a knee surgery and could not physically get up to do anything. And for those few hours, it was just an amazing case study.

I'm talking about the TLC shows. Not heroin. This time.

Edited by Will? Yum.
  • Like 1

I regularly watch the worst programming known to mankind. I think my Achilles heel is the Real Housewives franchise. I have no idea about any of the characters or the drama or why they hate each other. But it's so strangely addictive.

So, just read that their axing CSI: Miami and renewing CSI and CSI: New York.

Not that I'm a major CSI fan or anything, but Miami was the best of the trio. Why axe that, but keep the dull-as-dishwater New York on?

Because after a decade with the majority of the same cast, Miami was far more expensive than NY

Also, NY is the only one of the franchise worth watching.

i really want how I met your Mother to end with a hooker and broken condom.

HIMYM finale spoiler

Fuming that there's still no proper answer given. And marrying Robin? Ugh. She's been outlined as not being the mother and yet they CONTINUE to fuck with us.

Bastards.

Still, Barney's magician code bit was excellent.

The first series is pretty good. The second is pretty great at times, mostly for Douglas. But it's never really reached that point again. There's moments of greatness, but mostly just in series 3.

Boo gogo. That shows awesome.

Oh, no, I was reacting against it being the best ever or something. It's perfectly pleasant.

Almost done with Game Of Thrones. Postponing Breaking Bad to start on Sons Of Anarchy.

Should I be expecting more, less or the same amount of incest with this one?

More. Much more.

None at all that I can remember. There's still some nudity in SoA, if that bothers you at all. But it's really nowhere near the level of GoT.

I'll also say that if you're going to watch Sons of Anarchy, make sure you give it a few epsiodes. I left it for like a year after not being entertained by the first episode, came back when I saw everyone talking about how great it was and really started to enjoy it once I moved past the first one.

I imagine this is what'll happen with The Wire once I finally start watching past episode 1 of that.