General Television Thread

Hellfire

Boy, I really hope the other episodes aren't like the pilot of Sense8 cause that was pretty much a chore to get through. The talent involved is so fragmented that I don't know if I'm going to be able to look past a few of them.

• Like 1

It is a bit strange that it hasn't gotten much press. The AV Club has been quite fond of it, never giving any episode below a B-. But, man, the pilot is basically all over the place and daring you to keep watching despite that it makes very little sense and barely contains any plot advancement. It's basically just visual art for an hour.

• Like 1

Pilots are always a bit rubbish, though. I've heard a few things which sound very Wackowski-like (style over substance) but I have a friend or two who are enjoying it, so I think it's worth it. I mean, it can't be worse than Jupiter Ascending, right? 

I don't know if I agree that pilots are always bad. I know that the majority tend to be looked at as bad because it's meant to set up everything and setting things up isn't the best part of anything. However, this one in particular, which critics seemed to have loved, just was particularly bad. To me, it was one of the worst pilots I've seen in a while.

• Like 1

I more meant that I'm willing to give stuff the benefit of the doubt if I had a long-standing interest before the pilot, which I definitely do with Sense8. Definitely agree with you. 

Oh yeah. I mean, I'm gonna watch more because I can't judge it based off the pilot. But if it doesn't improve, it'll be pretty easy to wash my hands of it.

• Like 1

Why does nobody recognize Hannibal Lector in France, Italy or wherever he is? Apart from picking a new name he doesn't make any effort to disguise himself. And I presume a story about a psychiatrist who has been eating his patients and offten feeding them to his "friends" would be big news internationally in the tabloids. He also is on the FBI most wanted list. You'd think that someone would recognize him. It isn't like he decided to live in some secluded village. He lives in Florence for crying out loud! In the book "Hannibal" (which I advise you not to read because it is garbage) he had plasitc surgery after he escaped from prison. I know they didn't decide to go that route in the movies because Anthony Hopkins performance as Hannibal Lecter has become so iconic and they knew that people watched the fil because of him so they didn't want to re-cast him or put prostetics on his face. But I feel they could've done a better job explaining that in the TV show.

And regarding the second last episode:

Why didn't Crawford take Hannibal into custody then and there? Why did he let him get away? Hannibal was wounded and weakened. He didn't move very fast. It wouldn't have taken Crawford long to run down the stairs, on the streets and catch him. I know he isn't their officially in his function as FBI agent but I don't think his superiors would give him and trouble if he brought home someone from the most wanted list.

Anybody been watching the Scream TV series? I only recently heard about it and watched the first two episodes today, and quite enjoyed them. I like that they're continuing on with the social media aspect of Scream 4 and bringing texting, Facebook, Instagram, and all that into the picture to freshen things up. My favorite character so far is Noah, the Jamie Kennedy of the show, and I really hope he at least makes it to the near end. Besides that, lot of suspects, decent acting and I think MTV are doing an exceptional job of making things familiar to the movies and then changing direction.