MLB Thread

Guest Mr. Potato Head

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Ichiro

I only saw the Record-Tying hit live, but saw the Record-Breaking hit on ESPN Motion.

It seems like a lot of single-season records have been broken lately. Dunn breaking the Strikeouts In A Season record, Bonds breaking walks in a season (both intentional and overall). Now it's time for RBI's in a season to fall, although I don't think anyone can beat Hack Wilson's record of 190.

I guess I picked the wrong "cursed" team to collapse in the second half. It was the useless Cubbies who couldn't win a big game down the stretch. Losing 5 out of 6 to the Mets and Reds should cause everyone on the team to lose their pay for the last month, losers :D

As long as the Yankees don't win the World Series, I don't really care which of the other 7 teams does.

Guest Wrestling_Man

OK, with the Cubs losing yesterday, is there season over guys? My answer is yes unless the Astros and Giants collapse in the last 2 days, but it won't happen.

OK, with the Cubs losing yesterday, is there season over guys?  My answer is yes unless the Astros and Giants collapse in the last 2 days, but it won't happen.

Theres no opinion about it. If they lose their season is over. If Houston or San Fran wins their season is over. It is going to take a miracle, but I BELIEVE!! :)

It's going to be interesting now, to put Gagne under the microscope and see if he is the best closer in baseball.