{PS3} FIFA 10 Tournament

Baddar

Two groups of 4 I think would be preferable for me, means you can have a bad game but still get through.

Yeah, I agree. Th emore pressing issue is the team choice. I really don't care how we pick them as long as their equal.

Maybe put a rating cap, where you have to chose a team who has from, say, 77-79 for all ratings. As long as it is close, it shouldn't matter too much. If we just go for the 8 best like someone else said, there is probably enough difference from top to bottom that it could be deemed unfair.

A bit convoluted, but just throwing it out there as a concept.

Whatever 8 teams get chosen, there'll always be a difference in team quality overall. I'd rather play as Barca than Arsenal or Argentina than Holland, for example.

I say we use the best 8 teams (club or country, don't mind) then randomly assign them to players, who can then request a switch at the conclusion of it.

And yeah, 2 groups of four, play each other twice, top two qualify for Semi's. Group 1 winner vs. Group 2 runner-up etc.

The Players;

Baddar

Berry

Bluebirds

Kenwyne Ryans

Mike Widdows

rvdwannabe

RW

TCO

Seeing as it seems Captain Kirk has connection problems, he can be on stand-by in case one of the above can't connect or drops out.

The Teams;

Argentina

Brazil

England

France

Holland

Germany

Portugal

Spain

Any objections on the countries above? Russia are quite strong so could replace Portugal/Holland if people would prefer. If no-one comes forward until roughly this time tomorrow, then this is how we'll do it, and I'll randomly assign the countries (with the help of one of the people above) tomorrow afternoon. If the person has enough time, we can do the Groups at the same time and hopefully get the first set of games played over the weekend. smile.gif

Edited by Baddar D

As said, it doesn't matter what 8 we pick, TCO has already said he's going to win, so we're delaying the inevitable. :shifty:

And WHATEVER 8 teams are chosen of a decent level, there's always gonna be a difference between best and worst. Looking at the countries though, I don't mind who I get. All of them have at least a couple of 'stars.

Yeah, those teams seem perfect. I can do the teams and groups tomorrow too if you need me, after 4:30 of course. I'm not that confident of winning, considering I lost to TheArsenal last year despite him being the whipping boy of the group. I'm not very consistent on FIFA.

Fingers crossed for France BTW.