{PS3} FIFA 10 Tournament

Baddar

So, here's how it went down. I had the teams numbered, Berry called out a number and each of them were assigned to a player, alphabetically.

7 Argentina

8 Brazil

1 England

5 France

2 Holland

6 Germany

3 Portugal

4 Spain

Baddar - France

Berry - Portugal

Bluebirds - Argentina

Kenwyne Ryans - England

Mike Widdows - Germany

rvdwannabe - Holland

RW - Brazil

TCO - Spain

---

That's the confirmed team list. Everyone now has until 6pm tonight to switch teams with someone else should both users agree to the trade.

Portugal, they wouldn't have been first on my list of preferred teams but hey, I don't mind, I like to play with any team online really.

I haven't used Portugal on Fifa 10 yet so shall have to get some practice in.

Good luck to everyone taking part, and hope the best man wins. pervert.gif

I might play with all-manual controls, don't know yet though, anyone here who uses semi/manual controls?

Edited by Berry

Torres :wub:. Well, I just drew the highest rated team in the game, bar none. So I don't think I'll be switching, I've just got to practice with them and it'll be all guns blazing.

Oh and Berrey you'll get murderised if you play with Manual and the other person doesn't, word of advice.

Edited by The Cool One

I'll be using semi-assisted shooting, crossing and through balls. I also play with semi passing offline, but if there's the slightest bit of lag online, it goes to shit, especially when the other person is playing assisted.

Myself and Bluebirds will be drawing the groups shortly. He did raise one issue though. Squads. Should we be allowed to modify them or only play with the set international squad at the start of the game?

I'm leaning towards the default squads with no modifications made. What do you guys think?

Groups decided!

Before I post the Groups and the fixtures to go with them, I'll give a quick rundown of the rules for those who aren't sure.

- Games will be played as unranked matches. In an ideal world, the home player would invite the away player to a game and accept from there. If that isn't possible, arrange to meet up in a lobby.

- It'd be good to get every game played to the end. If a player is 2-0 up with 15 minutes to go and gets inexplicably disconnected, the fair thing to do would be to try and get what would've been the remainder of the match played a la Real Madrid-Sociedad a couple of years back. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it though, and had no such problem last year.

- There's no "totting up" process with bookings, but a red card in any shape or form, be it for two yellows or a straight red means the player will miss the next match. It is the duty of the two people playing to notify everyone else about that occuring.

- Everyone will play each team in their group twice, one home, one away. That doesn't have a significant effect really until we reach the knockout stages when the two-legged semi's come into play.

- The top two teams from each group advance to the semi's, with the winner of Group A facing the Runner-Up in Group B and vice-versa. If two or more teams are level on points, positions will be decided by Goal Difference, Goals Scored, Goals Conceded and then if it gets that far, Head To Head matches.

- I believe that is pretty much it. Have fun and may the best team win!

-----

Group 1

Baddar - France

TCO - Spain

rvdwannabe - Holland

Mike Widdows - Germany

TCO (Spain) vs. rvdwannabe (Holland)

Baddar (France) vs. Mike Widdows (Germany)

Mike Widdows (Germany) vs. TCO (Spain)

Baddar (France) vs. rvdwannabe (Holland)

TCO (Spain) vs. Baddar (France)

Mike Widdows (Germany) vs. rvdwannabe (Holland)

rvdwannabe (Holland) vs. TCO (Spain)

Mike Widdows (Germany) vs. Baddar (France)

TCO (Spain) vs. Mike Widdows (Germany)

rvdwannabe (Holland) vs. Baddar (France)

Baddar (France) vs. TCO (Spain)

rvdwannabe (Holland) vs. Mike Widdows (Germany)

--------

Group 2

RW - Brazil

Berry - Portugal

Kenwyne Ryans - England

Bluebirds - Argentina

Berry (Portugal) vs. Kenwyne Ryans (England)

RW (Brazil) vs. Bluebirds (Argentina)

Bluebirds (Argentina) vs. Berry (Portugal)

RW (Brazil) vs. Kenwyne Ryans (England)

Berry (Portugal) vs. RW (Brazil)

Bluebirds (Argentina) vs. Kenwyne Ryans (England)

Kenwyne Ryans (England) vs. Berry (Portugal)

Bluebirds (Argentina) vs. RW (Brazil)

Berry (Portugal) vs. Bluebirds (Argentina)

Kenwyne Ryans (England) vs. RW (Brazil)

RW (Brazil) vs. Berry (Portugal)

Kenwyne Ryans (England) vs. Bluebirds (Argentina)

-----

The first round of matches (indicated by #1) for both groups can be played any time between now and Tuesday 10th November. Obviously, if every match is played by then, we can advance to the second game quicker.

Now then, PSN addresses;

Baddar - Badd-um-tsch

Berry - Berry-94

Bluebirds - SirRogerJohnson

Kenwyne Ryans - P0wnag333333

Mike Widdows - Roycropper73

rvdwannabe - rvdwannabe

RW - EwoodNo9

TCO - Nalareg

I believe that list is right. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by Baddar D

So I just need to add Mike Widdows from that last, got the other 2. Played one game as Spain a while ago, I was a little rusty and played shite, but still managed to win 2-1, thanks to a jammy OG and a last minute goal. Should be a good tournament.

Aye, let's hope so. Roycropper73 is his PSN, not Mike Widdows as I suspected. I've edited it now.

I may/may not still have him on PSN, if not I'll add shortly. I could play my game tonight, but if not then at some point tomorrow evening/any time (outside of Chelsea-Utd) Sunday will suffice.