{PS3} FIFA 10 Tournament

Baddar

Oh dear...No Lahm...Had to make the tackle though or you'd of scored. Then took a surprise lead. To be honest I'm happy with Germany, I'd of hated to end up with a team like Argentina with smaller players, I play better with strong players. Anyway I'm happy with the result considering, bring on match two.

• Admin

He hasn't been able to view the forum for ages, but agreed to play anyway due to winning it last year. :shifty:

He's out playing football this afternoon, but I would guess he'll be in and available around 7/8pm.

I'll be out this evening, and tomorrow evening, and all of Monday. Check Tuesday evening with him would you?

Portugal 2-1 England

Shots: 8-5

On Target: 6-2

Possession: 48%-52%

Fouls: 2-3

Yellow Cards: 0-1 (Rooney)

Scorers: Nani (42) C. Ronaldo (65) Defoe (81)

Good match, aside from a retarded ref booking Rooney for a shoulder charge. Green at fault for Nani's goal, couldn't do anything about Ronaldo's effort. Defoe got one back, and was then flagged just offside when streaking clear in the final minute... nuts. I'll be back on track soon. Only some minor lag in the game, didn't have a major effect.

MOM: C. Ronaldo

Portugal 2-1 England

Nani 42'

C. Ronaldo 65'

Defoe 81'

----------------

Pleased with this result, a fine way to start off in the group - I felt I was the better player and deserved the victory. Kept the ball well, and made the chances count.

I'm getting the hang of using Portugal now, I'm liking it; Veloso--Deco--Moutinho is a very nice combo in the middle of the park, and then Nani and Simao on the flanks, with Cristiano in the middle.

----

Good game Kenwyne, and look forward to playing you again later in the group biggrin.gif

Spain 2-0 Netherlands

Torres 56

VIlla 78

Happy with the win, was a cagey first half, but I relaxed after the 1st goal and eased into a good performance. 2nd goal was a freak one though. I had the ball with Torres on the right and smashed it diagonally along the ground, Van Der Sar came out to intercept it, but fumbled at as he went to catch it, it then went over him and fell to Villa 2 yards out for a tap in. I was so sure VDS had it I wasn't looking, busy adjusting my team's mentality, I look up and Villa had it, needed to watch to replay to see what happened. Good result.

One game to go until 2nd round of games then. Can group 1 continue our games seeing as it'll have no effect on the other group and they won't be finished until Tuesday at the earliest.

Edited by The Cool One

Germany 2-4 Spain

Goalscorers

Klose 71

Klose 90

Villa 22

Alonso 39

Capdevilla 60

Torres 64

Possession

52-48

Shots

3-10

On-Target

2-5

Tackles

7-11

Fouls

6-0

Yellow Cards

1-0

Red Cards

0-0

Delighted with the result, but disappointed with the 2 goals conceeded. I got careless after the fourth and let in 2 goals that could've been avoided, and fialed to convert two one-on-ones, happy to have 6 points on the board nonetheless.

Whilst I was originally happy to play as Holland, I take that back. They are lacking in most departments, especially the defence. It's frustrating, because Baddar and TCO would beat me most of the time anyway, but when you give away 8 or so points comparing the oppositions attack to your defence, it is always going to be a bit of an uphill struggle.

It was summed up big time in two warm-up matches I had against Mike, where he stuffed me 3-1 and 6-1. Changed teams to have another game, and I beat him 2-1 with Fulham against Everton. The defence just couldn't handle Klose or Podolski any time they got on the ball.

Tactically, I did get a few things wrong, but it seems Holland aren't really the best at anything. They are fast, but so are most of the teams, and they don't really have a physical presence to match up to someone like a Klose.

Ah well, I'll be happy if I actually put up a challenge in my next couple of games :P

Yeah, to be fair, Holland aren't that good. Personally, I'm delighted with drawing Spain, Torres, Villa and Silva are beasts. You're still in it though, that's if you beaat Mike Widdows, whoever loses that is as good as out I think.

Top of the table clash next! :D

Spain 1-1 France

Shots - 6-6

On Target - 3-4

Possession - 45%-55%

Goals - David Silva (Spa) 32, Toulalan (Fra) 76.

------

Very happy with the point. It was close throughout and I think I did well not to go to pot after conceding the first goal. 5pts from 3 games isn't too bad. If Liam and Mike draw their match and I manage to beat Mike in game 4, that would put me in a fan-dabi-dozi position.

*cliche alert*

I'm gonna take each game as it comes though. >_>

I guess I'm OK with drawing one, I felt I could've finished it in the first half, but you kept it to 1 and fair play to you, had the better 2nd half, probably should've beaten me actually, got quite lucky with some saves. On the grander scale of things, 7 points from 9 isn't all that bad. I reckon 4 points from my last 3 games should be enough to guarantee me a semi-final spot, I'm expecting at east 4 anyway, so I'm fairly confident.