{PS3} FIFA 10 Tournament

Baddar

Typically, after getting rammed 4 games in a row (two tournament and two warm-up), I played Mike and won.

Netherlands 6-0 Germany

45 Van Persie

45 Van Persie

77 Van Persie

90 Sneijder

90 Kuyt

90 Van Persie

Friedrich saw red in the 87th, as well.

Everything clicked. Mike had some chances, but never in really advantageous positions, and I scored the chances I had. The killer was the 2nd goal, following in quick succession from the 1st, and due to a defensive mix-up.

EDIT: Bah, I invited him, thinking it was my home game and not having the means to check.

Group 1 Standings - After 3 Games

1st - Spain 7pts +4

2nd - France 5pts +2

3rd - Holland 3pts +2

4th - Germany 1pt -8

----

Up next is me vs. Mike Widdows, Liam vs. TCO. After Liam's win in the last game, TCO can pretty much guarantee a spot in the semi's with victory over him in the next.

If that happens and I beat Mike Widdows too, Liam would have to beat me in matchday 5 and hope results go his way in the final game. This group isn't settled by any means. Getting exciting.

Hopefully Bluebirds and RW can get their game played today or tomorrow just to move that group along.

The problem has been Bluebirds and RW being able to get on at the same time.

The good news is that they're just about to play their game, and Bluebirds will also get his second out of the way against Berry straight after, leaving Kenwyne vs. RW for matchday two.

We can get on with matchday four whenever guys. Mike, let me know when you can play. I can tonight, but as long as it's say...before 9.30pm otherwise it'll have to be another time.

Well, it'd put you 7 clear of not going through with two games left, so you'd be a cert and I'd be 5 points clear, so I'd need either 2 points or 1 point and avoid a hammering against you in game 6, I imagine.

Although the Mike I played in game 1, I don't think, was beatable by 6 clear goals. Whether he just lost heart after going 2 or 3 down against Liam I don't know, but I didn't feel like I could beat him by so many, if at all in that game, so we'll see.

Well, it'd put you 7 clear of not going through with two games left, so you'd be a cert and I'd be 5 points clear, so I'd need either 2 points or 1 point and avoid a hammering against you in game 6, I imagine.

Although the Mike I played in game 1, I don't think, was beatable by 6 clear goals. Whether he just lost heart after going 2 or 3 down against Liam I don't know, but I didn't feel like I could beat him by so many, if at all in that game, so we'll see.

At 3-0, he lost a defender, thus why the game ended 6-0, as I scored 3 in 3 minutes, all through quick breaks with less defence to contend with.

Its the sort of game though where I feel he could just as easily hammer me next time, so we'll see.

As sure as day follows night, TCO just beat me 3-0. I'm sure he has the details.

Realistically though, considering we haven't played any games outside this tournament, I feel I'd be a challenge for him with teams that are closer in rating. I had some chances, and I wasn't drastically outplayed for a 3-0 victory, Spain are just Spain, really.

Germany 1-4 France

Shots - 8-14

On Target - 3-11

Possession - 46%-54%

Goals - Klose (Ger) 29, Benzema (Fra) 52, Ribery 62, 69 (Pen), Anelka 90.

Red Cards - Frings (Ger), Gomez (Ger)

-----

I was quite annoyed to go 1-0 down because I felt I had the better of the opening exchanges and could've scored myself before conceding. Turned it around well in the second half though. Mike's pretty good, but it seems he gets annoyed when the opponent scores against him in games (see: his red cards up to now) and that proves to be his downfall.

That's put me on the brink. Positive result against Liam will do it for me.

EDIT: Just read that Enke, the Germany 'keeper is dead. Possibly suicide. It's only a tournament, shit!

Too soon? :shifty:

Edited by Baddar D
  • Like 1

Netherlands 0-3 Spain

Shots - 6-11

On Target - 4-8

Possession - 44%-56%

Goals - Xavi (Spa) 17, David Villa (Spa) 43, Torres (Spa) 82

-----

Happy with that, felt I more than deserved it the way the game went, I can relax now for the rest of the group stage, because finishing first isn't all that important to me. Gonna have to beat them all to win anyway, so it really doesn't matter. My created set piece worked for the first time ever too, was well chuffed.

Loooool at Baddar. And I was just ultimate shit all night on fifa yesterday, I was playing really well before yesterday, two crushing defeats and i'm sailing out of the tournament. Ah well better luck next time, I'll play my other two games anyway. Are we not starting a Club EWB like last season?

• Admin

Loooool at Baddar. And I was just ultimate shit all night on fifa yesterday, I was playing really well before yesterday, two crushing defeats and i'm sailing out of the tournament. Ah well better luck next time, I'll play my other two games anyway. Are we not starting a Club EWB like last season?

There is an EWB Club, but last I checked only me & Liam had joined!