{PS3} FIFA 10 Tournament

Baddar

Spain 5-2 Germany

Shots - 12-4

On Target - 8-4

Possession - 47%-53%

Goals - Podolski (Ger) 4, David Villa (Spa) 17, 58, 90, Torres (Spa) 52, Capel (Spa) 64

-----

1st - Spain 13pts +4

2nd - France 8pts +5

3rd - Holland 3pts -1

4th - Germany 1pt -14

*France and holland have game in hand

-----

Mike Widdows has the distinction of the only person to take the lead against me thus far. I felt I bossed it for most of the time, but 5 goals was a bit flattering. I'm glad I tested out Capel, he's quality. Liam do me a favour and beat Baddar to guarantee me first place!

Edited by The Cool One

• Admin

So, by my count that makes our group as follows after round 2:

Portugal 2 - 1 England

Brazil 2 - 2 Argentina

Brazil 2 - 1 England

Argentina 7 - 1 Portugal

1. Argentina - 4pts, GD +6

2. Brazil - 4pts, GD +1

3. Portugal - 3pts, GD -5

4. England - 0pts, GD -2

Berry, when's good for you for our game?

Portugal 2 - 1 England

Brazil 2 - 2 Argentina

Brazil 2 - 1 England

Argentina 7 - 1 Portugal

2. Brazil - 4pts, GD +1

4. England - 0pts, GD -2

I'll be on tonight. Will you?

• Admin

Portugal 2 - 1 England

Brazil 2 - 2 Argentina

Brazil 2 - 1 England

Argentina 7 - 1 Portugal

2. Brazil - 4pts, GD +1

4. England - 0pts, GD -2

I'll be on tonight. Will you?

Only briefly - off out to watch the England match, followed by sustained drinking.

Tomorrow evening at any time suit you?

1st - Spain 13pts +4

2nd - France 8pts +5

3rd - Holland 3pts -1

4th - Germany 1pt -14

*France and Holland have game in hand

-----

Mike Widdows has the distinction of the only person to take the lead against me thus far. I felt I bossed it for most of the time, but 5 goals was a bit flattering. I'm glad I tested out Capel, he's quality. Liam do me a favour and beat Baddar to guarantee me first place!

Well, if Liam gets a draw with me you'll finish top, but that won't be good enough for him as he needs to win.

Available at some point today, Liam?

France 3-0 Holland

Shots: 13-3

On Target: 9-1

Possession: 57%-43%

Goals: Anelka (Fra) 6, Benzema (Fra) 40, 87.

-------------

So, that's the two of us in the semi's, TCO. I need to win to finish top of the group, but I'm not arsed either way. Just glad I'm out of the group stages again.

Not surprised really. Had one good chance, but I have a habit of taking myself a second or two to realise I've pulled something decent off, by which time I've subsequently lost the ball. Happened a couple of times, which was frustrating.

I told Baddar on the PS3, but I felt the first two goals were a bit cheap. A lot of people abuse the drag back across the goal from the byline, but admittedly, having played Baddar several times, I know that he genuinely doesn't make use of it all the time like some people can. Still, hate it personally. Wouldn't have made too much difference though, as he had way too much of the ball and a lot of other chances.

As I said in my reply, I didn't feel like I was doing it to be cheap at all.

For the first, my one striker was at a ridiculous angle. There was no way I was scoring, and considering Anelka was free, I had to pass to him. For the second, I got through on the GK, but I dunno whether you rushed him or not, but he mauled my attacker by diving at his feet, so I just got rid of the ball. And managed to run into the box with my other player and finish it with the keeper nowhere.

I genuinely believe the third was the worst of the lot. Many times when one-on-one, keepers will save the ball and it'll go either wide, or miles away from the attacker who took the shot. Occasionally, it lands to the striker for the tap-in, and it did this time. Shit goal.

Well I wanted you to lose but meh, I'm through anyway. Last game is a bit of a cupcake one then, still, I'm sure both of us don't want to lose it and allow the other to leave the group undefeated. I'll be on later if you want to get it done with.

As I said in my reply, I didn't feel like I was doing it to be cheap at all.

For the first, my one striker was at a ridiculous angle. There was no way I was scoring, and considering Anelka was free, I had to pass to him. For the second, I got through on the GK, but I dunno whether you rushed him or not, but he mauled my attacker by diving at his feet, so I just got rid of the ball. And managed to run into the box with my other player and finish it with the keeper nowhere.

I genuinely believe the third was the worst of the lot. Many times when one-on-one, keepers will save the ball and it'll go either wide, or miles away from the attacker who took the shot. Occasionally, it lands to the striker for the tap-in, and it did this time. Shit goal.

I replied, but you went offline. I just think that kinda thing is a little 'overpowered', which is why you see it abused online from time to time. If you end up in that situation, it isn't like I expect you to turn around and not score, I just feel its too easy to get someone down the wing, pass it along the ground and have a good chance of finding the back of the net. It works very similarly to NHL online, where the same kinda thing happens a lot.

Knowing you, I know you don't set out to abuse the game or the way it is played, but I just hate those kinda goals as a general rule (the 1st one more than the 2nd one, but it was set-up similarly, though you had to do more with the pass back out).

As for the third goal, it was lucky, but worked well enough.

It's just a preference thing, and as I said, it didn't make a lot of difference to what happened.