Bonnaroo 2010

tristy

Pre-sale tickets officially go on sale the day after Thanksgiving, so we're almost at the jump-off point for 'Roo season. I hope some of you guys consider going this year, we could do an EWB meet-up like Summers and Dragsy, etc. do at the UK festivals.

That said, there isn't nearly as many confirmed acts as Coachella yet (none, infact), but Alberta Cross have said they'll be there, and it's already starting to leak that Pavement will be there. It's kinda cool that Bonnaroo has a guy on Twitter that gives out clues every year as to who's going to be playing. I guess it helps the excitement of the big reveal. Earlier this year the guy dropped a hint about "obscured by clouds" for 2010, and alot of people on Inforoo think it'll be Roger Waters doing "The Wall" live, and Daft Punk is a big rumour too, but I think that's a fervent wish every year. Other rumoured acts are U2, Rolling Stones, Guns 'N Roses, Camera Obscura and Phish (again).

So, who's thinking of going, and who would you like to see at the farm next year? I'm personally hoping for Puscifer for a late-night set, and Ween (fingers crossed).

• 2 months later...

Yeah, I'm bumping this bitch. The line-up is due on the 9th, but there's already some leaks happening.

Paul Simon, Flaming Lips covering Dark Side of the Moon, Paul McCartney rumoured, and of course, Jay-Z. I really hope someone else from EWB, besides me, will be making the trek to the farm this year.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought my ticket Thursday afternoon, the line-up was released starting at 11am Tuesday morning and didn't end until about 8pm. This is the line-up, barring the additions to the line-up that happens around April or May, with usually some big names. Headliners are in bold:

Against Me!, Aeroplane, The Avett Brothers, B.o.B., Baaba Maal, The Black Keys, Bassnectar, Baroness, Blitzen Trapper, Blues Traveler, Brandi Carlile, Calexico, Carolina Chocolate Drops, Chromeo w/ Daryl Hall, Clutch, Cross Canadian Ragweed, Damian Marley & Nas, Dan Deacon Ensemble, Dave Matthews Band, Dave Rawlings Machine, The Dead Weather, Deadmau5, Diane Birch, Disco Biscuits, The Dodos, Dr. Dog, Dropkick Murphys, Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros, The Entrance Band, The Flaming Lips (w/ Stardeath and White Dwarfs) performing Dark Side of the Moon, The Gaslight Anthem, GWAR, Here We Go Magic, Hot Rize, Jamey Johnson, Japandroids, Jay-Z, Jeff Beck, John Prine, Kid Cudi, Kings of Leon, Kris Kristofferson, Ingrid Michaelson, Isis, John Fogerty, Julia Nunes, LCD Soundsystem, Les Claypool, Local Natives, Lotus, Lucero, Manchester Orchestra, Martin Sexton, Mayer Hawthrone & the County, Medeski Martin & Wood, Melvins, Michael Franti & Spearhead, Miike Snow, Miranda Lambert, Monte Montgomery, Mumford & Sons, The National, Needtobreathre, Neon Indian, Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, Norah Jones, OK Go, Phoenix, The Postelles, Punch Brothers, Rebelution, Regina Spektor, Rise Against, She & Him, Steve Martin with the Steep Canyon Rangers, Stevie Wonder, The Temper Trap, Tenacious D, They Might Be Giants, Thievery Corporation, Tinariwen, Tori Amos, Tokyo Police Club, Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue, Wale, Weezer, The xx, Zac Brown Band

I don't think it even touches last year's line-up, but it was my first official Bonnaroo, so I might be alittle bias. And it did have my favorite band as one of the bigger names. It's widely rumored that Jay-Z will take the NIN spot from last year (late night Saturday) and Stevie Wonder serve as the "pre-headliner", but will go on earlier in the night, around 8pm or 9pm. Kings of Leon is the Friday headliner, and Dave Matthews Band will close out the festival on Sunday, like Phish last year.

Of course, alot of people are still calling for Roger Waters' performing "The Wall" on Friday night, and might be added in as the "big name" for the additional round of bands announced in the coming months. No clue about comedians yet, I hope Daniel Tosh is there. :blush:

So, is anyone thinking about going? I hope some people decide to make the trek out to the farm, you won't regret it, I promise.

Like them or not, they're the first band in Bonnaroo history to work their way up from opening the festival to headlining the festival. Plus, they're basically hometown boys, so of course they'll get "headliner" tag. I've only heard one song, personally, but I don't go to Bonnaroo for the headliners usually (except for Jay-Z :D)

Yeah, if you don't have the cash to drive to Tennessee and back, I wouldn't do it. If you're camping out, you can camp with your car, but I don't recommend that. I did it last year and got placed about a 30 minutes walk away from Centeroo, which is where the stages are and whatnot. The passes do include camping, but you can also just come and go as you please, you aren't confined to Bonnaroo for 4 days. Hell, if you aren't camping or already in the area, I wouldn't show up until Friday anyway.

Although, eighty thousand people went last year, not even half were from this area probably, so I'm sure if you wanted to go bad enough you'd work something out. I hope SOMEONE from EWB goes this year, damshow has went before, and I think Livid wanted to go pretty badly last year.

Man, comparing this year's lineup and last I wish I had gone last year. NIN, Don Hertzfeldt, Passion Pit, Justin Townes Earle, tons of awesome shit. There's maybe a half dozen acts I wanna see at this year's. :(

There are atleast 30 acts that I want to see. I might get to catch half of them, because most will be scheduled against each other. I HAVE to see She & Him, though. I'm camping out at whatever stage they play all day so I can get to the front row. After that, my second must see show is Jay-Z and GWAR, tied.

Comparing this year's line-up to last year's is insanity, it really doesn't match how stacked it was last year. Then again, I'm lucky, Bonnaroo is only a city away from me, so it doesn't cost nearly anything for me to go, except the ticket of course.

I probably would go if I wasn't moving this summer, as I would have the cash to go but there aren't enough must see acts for me to spend it there instead.

I mean, there are quite a few I'd like to see but I wouldn't necessarily go out of my way to see.

• 3 weeks later...

I got fired from my job yesterday. So, good motivation to go? Me thinks yes.

EDIT: I got my ticket and everything booked. LD's going.

That's awesome man. Are you going to camp out or what? I'm in the process of trying to find RV rent centers around my area, it's looking like the best one is in Nashville, for around $68 a night, which isn't bad.

I got fired from my job yesterday. So, good motivation to go? Me thinks yes.

EDIT: I got my ticket and everything booked. LD's going.

That's awesome man. Are you going to camp out or what? I'm in the process of trying to find RV rent centers around my area, it's looking like the best one is in Nashville, for around $68 a night, which isn't bad.

No. I'm not much of a camper, I sleep poorly enough on the road as it is. I ended up getting a hotel room in Murfreesboro for like 70 a night. Wasn't much closer, except for a few places in Tullahoma that were way more expensive. So I hope coming down I-24 isn't too bad.

WHOA. That's weird, I live in Tulllahoma. It's definately a closer drive, from where I live, it's about 25 minutes at the most. If my girlfriend and I can't find an RV, we'll be switching back and forth from Tullahoma and Murfreesboro (where she lives). You might want to get here a day or two in advance, traffic on the interstate the day of Bonnaroo is AWFUL. Last year it was backed up for hours upon hours, that's why we left at 6am, and we weren't even at our campsite until about 8 or 9am.

I thought about leaving here Wednesday. Stay in Columbus, Ohio (friend out there) or somewhere southwest Virginia on Wed. night. Then get to Murfreesboro on Thursday. Probably won't get down to the site until Friday, if that helps anything. (Would there be any worthwhile acts on Thurs?)

I'd either be hitting it from the east on 40 or from the north on 65. I don't expect it to get too horrible until I get near Nashville, and then I could always find ways around 24 if need be.