The "I Can't Wait For" in 2010 Thread

Lowerdeck

• 2 weeks later...

CD's:

"Year of the Black Rainbow"-Coheed & Cambria

"Sting in the Tail"-Scorpions

"Worship Music"-Anthrax

I'm curious about the new releases by Ratt, Cradle of Filth, Ozzy Osbourne and Manowar, whatever they may be titled.

Concerts:

-The possibility of Rammstein playing a few shows in North America this fall. I'm willing to travel a decent distance (like, from my current position of between Baltimore and Philly to Chicago) to go see them.

Edited by Barracuda Rostigraben

Gig wise, I've just recently seen Steel Panther (great stuff!). I also have Opeth, KISS, possibly Hammerfall, Download, Bloodstock, and Muse thus far this year. :-D

EDIT: Oh, and Sabaton recently announced tour dates. They are playing Sheff in October - I am soooooo there.

Edited by DFF/WFS

• 4 months later...

Holy thread revival, Batman!

It's near the end of "summer 2010", and still no Gold Cobra, Mr. Durst. :shifty:

Since the last update, I can now add new Soundgarden and new Bush album to the list, with Bush supposedly coming out in October. And I saw a Pantera Tribute band and local band The Guns for a third time. Much better than at Christmas. Also last weekend I was able to see The Blackout (local band/Kerrang favourites), Chaka Demus & Pliers and Athlete and Feeder all for free. Wonderful weekend.

Fozzy are coming to Cardiff on the 10th of October and I want to go, but I doubt no one else will, either for not caring for either Jericho or the genre of music. I am however going to see Alexisonfire in November as of purchasing tickets today. Wonderful!

Turisas are in the studio, so their new album should be out by year's end. Blind Guardian and Iron Maiden's new ones are out very soon too.

Good times.

Now, if only Wintersun would stop fannying around and release Time already. It's not quite at Chinese Democracy silliness yet by a long shot, but they have been working on it for something like 6 years!

I'm going to see Chrome Hoof play in Jersey in September, which will be fucking brilliant. Saw them in 2007, but hadn't slept for well over twenty-four hours - it was awesome, and the lack of sleep made it all the more weird, but being able to actually dance to them will be better still. Also going to see Zombie Zombie around the same time, and before that I'll be DJing the Jersey Live Festival, which is easily the biggest gig I've ever had. Kate Nash is playing!

In December I'm going to ATP, curated by Godspeed You! Black Emperor, and it's the most wilfully obscure festival line-up I have ever seen. That said, I'll get to see GY!BE, Throbbing Gristle, Tindersticks, Mike Watt, Scout Niblett, Neurosis, Deerhoof, Black Dice, Wolves In The Throne Room, NoMeansNo, Daniel Higgs, Maher Shalal Hash Baz, Cluster, Keiji Haino, Hangedup, Flower/Corsano Duo and hopefully Oneida won't be utterly shit this time. Also, lots of stuff I've never heard of. Excited!

• 1 month later...

Sabaton and Alestorm gig this Saturday coming - it's going to be immense! They've sold out the Corporation (which, for example, Lacuna Coil didn't do). It's gonna be a great night :D

Excited for Bon Jovi in December :)

Not too happy about missing Alexisonfire by a few days, Parkway, Amity, Paramore, Amy Meredith and whatnot as well. Actually, cross Parkway off from that.

Could possibly get myself Metallica tickets, but not liking my chances given I'd be going alone. Fozzy tour in December, probably gonna miss out on that one as well.

Doesn't quite count as 2010, but I'm considering the $160 to go to Soundwave, the rock music festival over here. Iron Maiden headlining, 30 Seconds to Mars, Gaslight Anthem, Sevendust, Queens of the Stone Age, BMTH, Amity, Silverstein, All That Remains. Holy shit that looks better than I remember.

Edited by Dan McG