The "I Can't Wait For" in 2010 Thread

Lowerdeck

Dropkick Murphys and their annual St. Patty's week shows in Boston. Me and a bunch of friends of mine decided on the Saturday the 13th show. So that'll be awesomeness.

That and Fear Factory got a new album coming out in February - the first single sounds badass.

So...

drunkenbart.jpg

What are you looking at? looking forward to?

• Like 1

Because I'm lazy, here's my text file list

JANUARY: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy

JANUARY 19: Fozzy - Chasing the Grail

JANUARY 29: Helloween - Unarmed

FEBRUARY: Hellyeah

Arsis - Starve for the Devil

MARCH: Social Distortion

Ratt - Infestation

2010: J Vs J

Blink 182

Circle Jerks

Linkin Park

Slipknot

Swollen Members - Beautiful Death Machine

Anthrax - Worship Music

Blindside

The Germs - Lest We Forget

Stone Sour

Corey Taylor

Skinny Puppy - In Solvent See

Dimmu Borgir

Demon Hunter

The Haunted

Keep of Kalessin

Rob Zombie - Hellbilly Deluxe 2

Stone Temple Pilots

The Innocent (Brandon Schiapetti)

Black Light Burns

Dream Evil - In the Night

Mike Ness

Panic at the Disco

Also of note, is that the Misfits are probably going to have an album come out in 2010. They've recorded much more than the two songs they just released at Halloween, so I don't think it'll be longer than a year's wait for the album. Halloween 2010 at the latest.

I may try out the new Fozzy now I've been reminded, and then hopefully new Limp Bizkit and Faith No More will be out (I know the former are definitely working on new material, the latter I'm unsure and just hoping.)

Let's go...this is off the top of my head.

CD's

"???" by The Gaslight Anthem

"???" by Mike Hale

"???" by Four Year Strong

"The Upsides" by The Wonder Years

"Love" by Angels & Airwaves (SOD YOU ALL!)

"???" by Matt Skiba

"???" by Alkaline Trio

"99 Songs Of Revolution: Pt.1" by Streetlight Manifesto (although Victory are being a cunt about it...what's new there then?)

"???" by A Wilhelm Scream

"Romance Is Boring" by Los Campesinos!

"???" by Blink 182

"???" by The Get Up Kids

"???" by Grown Ups

"The Echo & The Light" by Castevet

"???" by Talons

"???" by This Town Needs Guns

"???" by Venice Ahoy

"???" by Dark Captain Light Captain

"???" by Pulled Apart By Horses

That'll do for now...

GIGS

Jan 24th - Reel Big Fish (w/Sonic Boom Six)

Feb 5th - Miike Snow

Feb 8th - Band Of Skulls

Feb 18th - Nothington (w/WeGrowBeards)

Feb 20th - Owl City (w/Lights)

Feb 23rd - Lost Prophets

Mar 2nd - Polar Bear Club (w/Shooks Ones, Title Fight)

Mar 7th - Mumford & Sons

Mar 9th - A Day To Remember (w/Architects)

Mar 15th - Frank Turner (w/Chuck Ragan)

May 9th - Banner Pilot

May 13th - Pennywise

...what I actually attend will probably look a lot different. :shifty:

I have absolutely no idea what new music is being released next year. I'm horribly out of touch since the only music magazines I buy either went out of business or stopped being available in Jersey. Genuinely just don't have a clue.

As for gigs, the only one I have booked for next year is All Tomorrow's Parties curated by Matt Groening, which I'll be attending in May;

Boredoms, The Raincoats, Danielson, Toumani Diabate, Viv from The Slits, and some people I've not heard of. YUSS.

I had a quick look on metalstorm to see what's meant to be out next year. From their list, I'm quite looking forward to the following:

23.02 Airbourne - No Guts, No Glory

10.03 Rhapsody Of Fire - The Frozen Tears Of Angels

June Firewind - TBA

I guess they've thrown all their TBA's in the following December 'cos the list is huge. From that list, there's...

Avenged Sevenfold, Lordi, Sabaton, Blind Guardian, Iron Maiden, Nightwish and Candlemass.

Concert wise - La Roux in February when she comes to Canada and probably a show or two while I'm visiting London. Too early to tell who'll be going on tour I wanna see.

Album wise - Hot Chip (first two songs have been fan-dabi-dozi), Vampire Weekend (Horchata was awful, Cousins is ace), Hercules & Love Affair (playing some gigs to debut some new material) plus some others I can't remember right now. Plus will be interesting to hear the Strokes and Arcade Fire, considering how I feel they dropped in quality a bit from their previous releases.

Dear Landlord are over in May too. Which means Nothington, Polar Bear Club/Shook Ones, Banner Pilot and Dear Landlord in a matter of months. :o Next year's going to be fucking brilliant.

This Is A Standoff are apparently back in April too. Sunderland date with Laughing In The Face Of... and Nanas Revenge. :D

+ 65daysofstatic tour in May (+ new album due), Blood Red Shoes in March (if their new album is out by then, I'll go, if not, not sure...only £8 though), Fake Problems in April...actually fuck it, seems as though Pulled Apart By Horses are supporting Blood Red Shoes...guess I'll be there then. :D Still can't believe I haven't seen PABH yet, despite pimping them for like 2 years nearly. :/

Edited by YI

2010 is going to be my year of music, finally got the cash to waste, so far have booked:

1st March, Port Talbot - LostProphets

12th March, Cardiff - Tiesto

2st March, Cardiff - Editors

23rd June, Swansea - Pink (girl I like's choice, not mine)

24th July, Milton Keynes - Prodigy/Pendulum

Also thinking of going to this, the Mighty Chesney Hawkes! in Portsmouth

And I'll be seeing Kane'd, Death Quit Dancing, Tiger Please, I am Hope, Kid Keep Dancing, Jack Knife fight and a bunch of other smaller bands multiple times as well.

Edited by hackerjack