The "I Can't Wait For" in 2010 Thread

Lowerdeck

Oh yeah, and the new Triptykon is sounding pretty freaking sweet. Seriously can't wait for the album.

For those of you who don't know, Triptykon is the new band of Celtic Frost's main man Thomas Gabriel Fischer. And totally awesome. Sounds to me that he's picking up where CF left off with their last album "Monotheist".

• Like 1

Fuck that shit, AWS are supporting Pennywise in May!

Best support since Chuck Ragan was announced for Frank Turner. :wub:

Fuck it, buying my Pennywise ticket tomorrow.

edit: Strike Anywhere are the other support. Cracking lineup.

FUUUCK!!! Multiple dates time I'm thinking. At £17.50 a ticket though. :/ But fuuuck. That's huuuuuuge. If Zoli's still singing for Pennywise as well, that'll be like the most awesome gig ever. Need some Strike Anyhwhere headline dates...will never forgive myself for missing them in Sunderland. :(

I'm pretty sure my next batch of student loan is going solely on punk-rock gigs. :shifty: Reel Big Fish/Sonic Boom Six, Nothington/WeGrowBeards, Polar Bear Club/Shook Ones, A Day To Remember/Architects, Frank Turner/Chuck Ragan, This Is A Standoff, Banner Pilot, Pennywise/A Wilhelm Scream/Strike Anywhere, Dear Landlord and possible Strung Out dates in March (mainland tour with a free week after some French shows...hmmm...I have basically every appendage crossed for shows at least).

Edited by YI

Sick Of It All announced as support for AFI...grrrrr...grrrr...grrrr...what's stronger, my hatred for AFI or my love for SOIA? :( I didn't hate AFI at Leeds, I'd probably enjoy it if I got totally smashed (like Leeds). :/ Not sure what to do.

Edited by YI

AC/DC on the next European leg of the Black Ice Tour. Ditto Bob Dylan, when he next makes his way through these parts.

I can't think of anyone else. God, I'm dull >_>

To update, I got tickets to see AC/DC in Berlin on the final night of the tour. Rock and roll!

My father just informed me that The Tiger Lillies are playing Jersey Opera House in March. They're somewhere near the top of the "Bands I HAVE to see live" list, so I'm quite giddy with glee.

• 1 month later...

Also thinking of going to this, the Mighty Chesney Hawkes! in Portsmouth

I was considering going to that for one song only and the fact it's not too far away from where I live.

The gigs I have planned for this year are

16th March - Zebrahead/MC Lars

20th April - Bowling For Soup Acoustic

TBA April - Story Of The Year (Would make my whole life if they played Just Close Your Eyes)

End of August - Reading Festival with line up tba

Also considering Madina Lake

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really looking forward to The Strokes' fourth album, apparently due in November, which I hope is better than First Impressions of Earth, but if it's half as good as Room On Fire then I'll be happy.

Also I can't wait for Rise Against's new album, which hopefully should be released by the end of the year. They are a band that seem to just get better and better and I recently saw them live, and they were amazing.

Eagerly anticipating seeing The Antlers play in a church in Manchester on May 20th. I've become addicted to Hospice and can't wait to hear it played in such a unique setting.

I'm really looking forward to The Strokes' fourth album, apparently due in November, which I hope is better than First Impressions of Earth, but if it's half as good as Room On Fire then I'll be happy.

Also I can't wait for Rise Against's new album, which hopefully should be released by the end of the year. They are a band that seem to just get better and better and I recently saw them live, and they were amazing.

Oh come on! First Impressions of Earth is good. Fuck the haters!

You Only Live Once and Juicebox and Razorblade are amazing.

Heart In A Cage, Red Light, Electricityscape and Ize of the World are also pretty good.

Rest is a bit meh but it's hardly the massive failure like people say it is. :/

I never said it was bad! I just thought they could have better; the two previous albums being absolutely amazing probably made me expect too much, but I just hope that after this (far too) long break they've had they'll be able to get to the level of Is This It/Room On Fire again.

• 2 weeks later...

American Slang by The Gaslight Anthem releases on June 15th. I care about nothing else till then.

"Chamberlain Waits" by The Menzingers...it will be massive, it's out in a month or so and it will help the wait for Gaslight. :shifty: