Deserted Island games?

Dr. Rated-R

I'm looking for games like Lost in Blue, but, y'know, better.

Being stranded on an island seems like such a fun concept for a game, but I wasn't too fond of the execution in the Lost in Blue titles.

Is there anything worth playing? I'm not too fussy; it doesn't matter if it's an old abandonware title or something that came out last week.

I've never really played part 2. I played the first one a little, shortly after it first came out, but I honestly don't remember having much of an opinion either way. A friend of mine loaned me part 3 yesterday, and I've been trying to get into it, but something about it just irks me. It's what inspired this topic.

How similar is 2 to 3? If they're considerably different maybe I could get that, next time I'm not broke.

EDIT - That was a response to CSAMH, of course. I had no idea Stranded Kids/Survival Kids even existed. IGN rated it 9/10. =|

Edited by The Rated-R Superstar

Probably not what you're looking for, but in Shining Force 2, there's an awesome chapter where a whole town uproots and fucks off when their town gets destroyed and basically winds up on an island. The next missions revolve around exploring the island, finding materials/new towns and generally killing all the native monsters.

That said, it's a turn-based strategy-RPG, so probably not what you want. :/

My girlfriend is having a blast with Sims 2 Castaway right now. You can have up to five or six people wreck with you and you need to find them afterwards on the island.

This. This is probably going to be the best game in this niche. I'm looking into it now. Thank you, sir.

This thread has inspired me to work on some kind of solo boardgame about escaping a desert island. Hmmmm.

I would pay for that. I would absolutely pay money for that.

One of the Harvest Moon games takes place on an island. In fact, I think it's called 'Island of Happiness'.

Perfect example of what I'm looking for, actually, but the stylus controls are terrible. I'm not sure why they didn't just stick with the engine from Harvest Moon DS or Rune Factory. =[

I was expecting this to be a Desert Island Discs style game, colour me dissapointed :( Not really "stranded on an island", but as far as survival games go I'll always suggest Oregon Trail.

I'm surprised we don't actually have a thread like that already. We should get one going. Also, I was actually playing Oregon Trail this morning. :blush:

there are 2 freeware games like that called Stranded and the sequel Stranded 2

I haven't played them yet so can't vouch for quality

Stranded 1&2

I'm gonna give the second one a shot in a few minutes. They sound like exactly what I'm looking for, and the MDickie on cocaine graphics can only really make them better.