The Inevitable January Transfer thread '10

Crybaby Bunting

I can only assume it would be a case of "come be our 4th choice striker so that we can get rid of our current 4th choice striker who, unbelievably, is unhappy at not playing".

Obviously they probably wouldn't word it like that. :shifty: But really, I can't quite understand why Eidur would choose Spurs over West Ham at the moment.

Benayoun to Dynamo Moscow.

"Dynamo sporting director Konstantin Sarsania said: 'It is true that we have come to an agreement with the player's agent. In the next two days, Liverpool will make their own decision.

'When we completed the signing of Andriy Voronin, consent was given by Benitez. Now the Liverpool coach is against losing Benayoun, but the decision is not his, it is for the club's directors.

'The transfer of Benayoun will happen if the price is acceptable. If they want more than we expect, the board of directors will discuss the issue.'"

MOTWYW

The figure that the Daily Mail is quoting Moscow as being willing to offer is £7m.

I have to say I don't really understand this "agreed terms with player's agent, now just to see if Liverpool accept" idea. I thought that was what we called 'tapping up' in this day and age, and clubs got in a lot of shit for it?

Spurs sign Gudjohnsen on loan

So they now have: Keane, Defoe, Crouch, Pavlyuchenko, Gudjohnsen

I take it that Keane and Pavlyuchenko are going... considering Pavlyuchenko has been wanting to leave for some time and Gudjohnsen is so similar to Robbie Keane that he'd beat him in a Robbie Keane playalike competition ¬_¬

Spurs are looking to sign Kaboul and Begovic

Begovic is a much better signing for Spurs than James would be and behind a solid defence would be magnificent.

Kaboul on the other hand only seems to be in talks because he can't sign for anywhere else (thanks to the FIFA ruling) if Spurs pay more than £3m for him then they are complete idiots.

Pav's not a bad player. Did well alongside both Defoe and Keane in the past I believe. I like him. To be honest I'd love a way for all four of them to get involved and want to stay but a Solskjaer-like player is a rarity.

I can see Pav leaving but I think Keane is staying. I'm glad Gudjohnsen has signed. He also plays attacking midfield as well as a second striker so gives us more midfield options which apparantly Harry has been after. Loan til the end of the season then Spurs will decide on signing him. He can do a job for another couple of years and will give us some good depth. I'd rather see him play than Jenas, that's for sure and he has experience playing for league winning teams.

Maybe a bit past his best but yeah, as depth and cover it's a good signing, especially as I always liked the fella. Be nice to see him in a Spurs shirt. So now West Ham have to go to their next choice....