FIFA World Cup 2010

METALMAN

Online World Cup would be magnificent if it weren't for a few minor niggles. I had a group of myself, Niger, Argentina and Brazil. I won all three games and a silver trophy, with rest getting 3 points a piece, with Argentina going through on goal diffence. I thought to myself, well that's good, at least I don't have to play Brazil again. But who do I see in the quarters? Brazil. How the hell do I draw Brazil when I already knocked them out? Won 3-0 anyway and now onto the semis. I kinda don't want to play it anyomre if only to keep my 100% record, which will go as soon as I find someone half decent who uses Spain

I usualy don´t feel that much trubble with spain and other big name teams (obviusly there are players who can play and use these teams in a fair manner (e.g. not useing loopholes in the gameplay) but i usualy cream my pants if i am up against a lower level team online. These dudes know what they are doing and proof that you can pwone without cheating and just by knowing how to play this game masterfully.

I went down 3-2 against Luxenburg yesterday, that was brilliant fun.

Online World Cup would be magnificent if it weren't for a few minor niggles. I had a group of myself, Niger, Argentina and Brazil. I won all three games and a silver trophy, with rest getting 3 points a piece, with Argentina going through on goal diffence. I thought to myself, well that's good, at least I don't have to play Brazil again. But who do I see in the quarters? Brazil. How the hell do I draw Brazil when I already knocked them out? Won 3-0 anyway and now onto the semis. I kinda don't want to play it anyomre if only to keep my 100% record, which will go as soon as I find someone half decent who uses Spain

It's because otherwise you would have to wait ages for an opponent you haven't faced.

So I won my first online World Cup with Germany rather comfortably. Beat Montenegro in the semis when he quit after I was 4-0 up after 60 mins. Beat Mexico in the Final after the guy again quit, this time after I scored my 3rd after 32 mins. Played 7, won 7, scored 23, conceeded 3. Not bad, I should retire after that one win especially I'm the only one on my friends list who's won a cup! Shame on you Matzat and Baddar! :D

Edited by The Cool One

So I won my first online World Cup with Germany rather comfortably. Beat Montenegro in the semis when he quit after I was 4-0 up after 60 mins. Beat Mexico in the Final after the guy again quit, this time after I scored my 3rd after 32 mins. Played 7, won 7, scored 23, conceeded 3. Not bad, I should retire after that one win especially I'm the only one on my friends list who's won a cup! Shame on you Matzat and Baddar! :D

We could always meet up for a game if you want to rape me personaly and not just via trophies. <_<

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

This game feels much harder than Fifa 10 to me...anyone else think so? I definitely like the shooting more, but I feel the defense is way more aggressive and cuts off passing lanes a lot more. I'm not sure that's a bad thing though...

Yeah, I've gone back to Fifa now. Enjoyed this game but there's just a bit more depth to Fifa with Manager Mode and Ultimate Team and what not.

I agree, but the problem is the gameplay is just such a step down again. I hate the CPU in FIFA10 even more than in WC, every free kick for them is a goal basically on Legendary.

But this game pisses me off too. I;

- hate how the CPU keeps getting easy free kicks whilst I get broken in half in the penalty area and the ref doesn't whistle. I also had the CPU attack me from behind when I had the ball with a defender, clear foul, ref didn't do shit, they get an open chance and score.

- haaaate scripting. Funny how defenders suddenly do the weirdest shit when the CPU is behind and it's almost time. Funny how there's 1 minute of additional time yet the CPU is allowed 6 minutes to create an opportunity. Funny how the CPU sometimes gets the most ridiculous rebounds. Funny how players suddenly fuck up the easiest passes. Funny how shitty players on the CPU side suddenly start doing tricks and manage to outmuscle 2 defenders when the CPU is down 1-0. Shit like this doesn't happen every time but when it does, I'm fucking pissed.

- hate referees standing in the way of important passes.

- hate how goalies sometimes react to a chip ball over their heads. Turn around, walk like a retard towards ball, ball in the air bounces off post against retard goalie who doesn't even grab the ball, balls goes into net. Fuck the fuck off.

In order news, I've almost qualified for the World Cup with India. My attacking duo Bhutia/Chettri is deadly.

Edited by The Quasi Juice

Jozy Altidore is a monster in this game. I've had to turn down the time of each half (I generally play at 10 minute half) so it's more competitive. But I do notice a lot more late successes for the computer than I'm used to seeing.

Jozy Altidore is a monster in this game. I've had to turn down the time of each half (I generally play at 10 minute half) so it's more competitive. But I do notice a lot more late successes for the computer than I'm used to seeing.

Just won my first offline World Cup on legendary with USA. Fluked my way through the group too, a 0-0 draw with England and a 1-0 loss to Slovenia left me bottom of the group, with 1 point and 0 goals heading into the last game against Algeria. England were top with 4 and then Slovenia and Algeria both on 3, amazingly if I won and the other game didn't end in a draw I was guaranteed to go through and a win by 2 or more goals would also guarantee me progress. I took an early lead with Altidore putting me ahead, but I couldn't break them down and it was still 0-0 in the other game. Then in the 89th minute, they failed the clear a cross and it fell to captain Bocanegra to slot home and put me through on 4 points and a goal difference of +1, a complete fluke.

I then went on to beat Austrailia 3-2 AET, South Africa 4-2 and Brazil 2-1 to progress to a final against Germany. Despite struggling throughout, I then went on to thump the German's 6-0 with Dempsey netting 4, taking his toatl to 7 and claiming the Golden Boot and Ball, despite missing 3 games due to injury. This was his first in the final, a personal favourite of mine.

http://www.easportsfootball.co.uk/media/play/video/22678985

Oh and Findley fucking sucks, he was so dropped when Dempsey was fit again.

His finishing is woeful and he's not even that fast, Speed and Acceleration are only in the high 80s, he's just a poor-man's Luton Shelton, who has just enough speed to warrant his selection, despite being poor overall.

I won it my first time with Germany, winning every game. I got as far as the 2nd round with Ireland the 2nd time round, winning 3 gorup games again before being D/Cd while 1-0 up and in on goal against England and I inexplicably incurred a 3-0 loss, despite never being signed out of PSN or being disconnected fropm the internet. I tried again with Ireland and I'm 2 games in, having won both, but I haven't got around to my PS3 recently.

OWC is easy if you're anyway good, especially if you use a good team. Try Spain, they're virtaully unstoppable with the right user.

I am beating spain left and right. The propper players all seem to chose smaler teams... i am beggin EA to include a propper training mode that teaches you how to do dribblings n such. The good players are actualy able to just out play me and not just use gameplaybugs/indeepth knoledge of how the computer players react... i´ed love to be able to do that aswell but learning from youtube videos blows donky balls and i am not reading a manual. :shifty:

Are you up for a game, havent been called a cunt since i beat the last sapnish team half an houre ago.

Oh shit, i am playing malta, i´ll get murdert :crying:

Yeah I'll play you anytime I'm on, I'm already in your friends list as Nalareg. I'll be on at 11:30ish, 00:30 in German land if you want to play later.

The easiest way to beat elite human characters is to not play like you usually do, because they'll move to anticipate it. Like if you pass it to centre midfield, they'll expect you to turn inside into space, do the opposite. Like if you're in on goal on the wing, they'll expect the cutback, so dummy it. That's my best advice.

Edited by The Cool One

Hmmm, i actualy beat Malta 6:0.... useing spain for the first time, they are overpowered like made, every player in the mid 80s range, holy shit...

I´ll be Online. - Beaten by the irish... :crying: :crying: :crying:

Explain to me how you shot, 90% of my shots end up at a post, right besides it on the outside or straight on the goaly.