FIFA World Cup 2010

METALMAN

I downloaded the demo for this game and really loved it. I'm certainly going to be looking at buying it eventually. The last FIFA game I played was '09 and I hated it. If I could find my copy I'd still be playing FIFA '01 on the PC.

I finaly got back home and am able to play this. After loosing with germany in the round of 16 (fucking penaltys ^^) i now started a CYC with Turkmenistan.

ZTSMBDRGJLQBUMSA

XRNPAQSDMCYIWTRY

QCZCGTXKWYWBNPJK

VXYJZLXTRPBZUXXJ

BNDIPYYTCDZVJCCN

NLGAHWCHCCUCTNUH

YMEOCBDOIWYUEVQN

TLHDMYMCUITLAYJL

These unlock new celebrations. You are somehow suposed to get they via Cola, but i just asked googel.

Dos anyone know about DLC? There is a PSN Link in the Game but they pormised the Storys of the Tournament to be Free as far as i remember.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

Ok, bought it yesterday and went straight into WC mode.

USA WC'10:

Group stage = 2nd on GD with England first.

England 2-2 (came back from 2-0 with both goals in a three minute span)

Slovenia 0-0 (I honestly have no idea how the crap I didn't score in this match)

Serbia 3-1 (What should have gone in during the Slovenia game did)

Round of 16

Germany 2-0 (scored in the 9th thanks to Eddie Johnson and a perfectly timed pass)

Quarters

Nigeria 4-1 (their speed worried me, but they couldn't hit the broadside of a barn and I countered with Donovan/Johnson blowing by their backline)

Semis

Spain 2-1 (never really in the match, scored in the 88th on a rocket by Donovan)

Third Place

England 2-2 [3-2p] (so frustrating, I stopped their first two penalties but then of course hadn't yet grasped the penalty shooting system)

Overall a decent feel. I like the "up and down" you get from match to match without it being entirely impossible to get points/a win during a "down" game like in Fifa'10. There are still some of the same issues that I didn't like in F'10 but the overall gameplay on the pitch seems to be better. I'll never though, like big lumbering defenders being able to turn and run with/catch your fastest strikers/wingers ... or not being able to break away from them when you've clearly got a faster player ...

This game is a bit buggy. I've had messages saying a player is injured yet I can still put them in the line-up for my next game. I had several messages to say Timothee Atouba was going to be injured for a few games but he never was. Then I had Eto'o score 4 goals against Costa Rica in the World Cup and yet the end of tournament statistics don't have any Cameroon goalscorers at all, it's stupid.

Also, fuck Sweden. Got knocked out by them in the Round of 16 in both my games as Holland and Cameroon, I can't seem to beat the bastards. The second time they didn't even have Ibra playing.

Bought it today and went online for the first time, playing as USA of course. First match against Algeria, was mauled 3-0 :(

In my defense, I felt the referee should have easily given me at least one, maybe two penalties. I kept wondering how this idiot was getting away with all the challenges he got away with. Hopefully my 2nd match online will go better.

Also started an offline World Cup with USA, had 2 points ripped away from me in the dying seconds against England. Last second corner goal from Gerrard to steal a draw even after I had fought back from going down 1-0 early. Altidore and Ching had my goals. Guess it's all a painful learning process. If anyone wants a free win against me sometime, add me on PSN. (Magus978)

YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHH!

In the final, I was England against France. In the elimination round, I had to beat Ghana, Argentina and Spain just to get to the finals. I almost didn't make it to the round of 16, losing my first game to the US and only beating Slovenia in the closing moments. They went up 2-0 very early, and although Rooney was able to respond with one quickly, I struggled to pull even. In the 90th minute, I cross with Beckham and Rooney puts the header of the bar. The goaltender dived for it and Rooney was all alone. He jumps and ninja kicks the rebounding ball into the net to tie the game! Then, in the first extra period, Defoe is taken down just outside the box. The pressure is on...and Beckham has his shot at redemption. He pulls back and BAM!, he kicks the ball of the cross bar and down into the net! After another 15 minutes of tense defending, England wins the World Cup!

Peter Crouch was the winner of the Golden Boot with 7, Rooney won the MVP trophy, and David Beckham was the man. He scored only once, but racked up 5 assists. All of his assists came of crucial goals.

I just won the World Cup on Captain your Country with Turkmenistan (on world class)... heeps of fun, but it kinda shows you that there is something messed up with how computers atack/defende. (i was playing a midfielder, France pritty much was the only team that was hard to beat because they actualy tried to force goals)

I never made it to play as captain in a non frindly game though, the system seems kinda wirred... once i even was n the number one spot after a game and wen i pressed continue on the News screen the game moved me down to spot nr. 2

The First story of the finals scenarios are already online. Uruguay vs France and South Africa vs Mexico.

It´s a bit complicated, you need to update your squats first (it´s not happening automaticly in the scenarios section) - if you do not do it the game just freezes while loading. - It also seems to be getting the info of the EA Servers directly... so you have to be online to play them even if you already had them once. (or dos it?) Maybe they will patch all of em in after the tournament.

For some reason they seem to be a bit more lagy than the game is other wise.

Doing qualifying with Costa Rica. First stage of the Hex as way to easy. I had the most wonderful of draws though ... Suriname/El Salvador/Haiti. El Salvador was the only squad to get any real shots on goal. Stormed the group 18-0 in going through.

Stage two I get all the big guys. First match with the US. 1-0 going into the 80th and Altidore jailbreaks to equalize. Boooo. Next up, Mexico ..... @ AZTECA <_< ... It's 2-0 before I even get any real touches it seems. Hit a rocket from Saborio to make it 2-1 before half. They storm out though and with Dos Santos and Vela, make it 4-1 by the 70th. I pull back two thanks to Saborio's head on a couple of corners. Then Torrado hits about a 50yd bender @ 85mins to seal it 5-3. Beat Canada/T&T/Haiti so I've got 10pts through the first round. Mexico is perfect but nobody else has more than 4pts ... so barring the worst collapse ever, I'll get through. At the moment though, T&T is third on GD and the US would have to have the playoff against the South American team (currently Brazil <_<)

- Elswhere in the game I absolutely love the Bosnian side. B&H will be my next squad.

Tried/Trying to qualify for the World Cup with New Zealand and got through the Oceania stage even though I drew and lost to Vanuatu but they lost to Fiji whom I beat 6-0 in the final match to qualify by a handful of points.

But I keep getting beat in friendlies by teams like Madagascar and Chad and for the life of me I can explain why I thrash teams that are higher ranked than those teams but they somehow find a way to beat me.

I just want to get to the next stage of qualifying but have to sit through 4 meaningless "friendlies" in a row to get there.

There are three updates in the ingame show. They are free. It´s an Adboard update, Flags on balls and some national kits updated. All in all not more than 3MB.

What kits were updated?

You should've turned Friendlies off before you started.

I thought it'd be a good idea to have them on when I first bought the game, but when they kept happening after every qualification game I quickly grew tired of them.

Doesn't affect trophies, no?