FIFA World Cup 2010

METALMAN

There are three updates in the ingame show. They are free. It´s an Adboard update, Flags on balls and some national kits updated. All in all not more than 3MB.

What kits were updated?

Chile, Honduras, and North Korea, and corrected the kits of Cameroon, Peru, and Spain.

Thanks for the heads up Baddar, Those 6 matches I have to re-do will seem like a breeze now that I don't have to worry about the extra games.

Errr .... I don't have friendlies ? and I never "turned them off" .. I just started playing the qualification and there were no friendlies. Odd.

If you select 'Full' when you go into FIFA World Cup mode, then you get friendlies. If you just choose 'Qualification', it skips friendlies.

Errr .... I don't have friendlies ? and I never "turned them off" .. I just started playing the qualification and there were no friendlies. Odd.

If you select 'Full' when you go into FIFA World Cup mode, then you get friendlies. If you just choose 'Qualification', it skips friendlies.

WOW, completely missed that ... I'll tinker and see which I like better. Thanks.

I never knew you could skip friendlies, I thought selecting qualifiers would only play those and not the finals. I've just had to sit through back to back friendlies against Andorra and Maccedonia. :(

It's a great game but I'm pissed that they got Ireland's new kit wrong, it's like EA are trying to fuck with me, getting Newcastle's kit wrong 2 years in a row and now this.

Kinda getting burned out on playing with countries only. Went back to FIFA10 but the gameplay is so meh compared to World Cup now. So I guess I'm stuck with countries only 'till FIFA11

I'm in the same boat. I have FIFA09, but the controls are soooooooo horrible compared to this game.

I am currently qualifying with Canada. I had a game going with the US, but it was too easy (OMG brash american). We went 2-0-1 in the first round, but now we have to play the likes of America and Mexico, so it should be interesting.

Just qualified with Scotland. Won 5, drew 3 and lost 0. Somehow, Norway came back to tie both our games against them and the computer was constantly pressing me in the last 5 minutes...except for Holland you I managed to completely dominate in both our games.

I qualified with Ireland through the play-offs today. Lost just one game, to Cyrpus but drew 3 of them. Montenegro weirdly topped the group 2 points ahead of me while Italy were second from bottom with 1 win. Lost 1-0 to Czech Republic in the 1st leg at home but won the 2nd leg 2-0 after extra time without the injured Richard Dunne. Steven Reid is a beast at right back too BTW.

Got a very tough group too in the finals, paired with Brazil, Japan and Ivory Coast.

• 2 weeks later...

Just had an awesome World Cup campaign with Equatorial Guinea. They're pretty shit but had two awesome players in Bodipo and Balboa. Scraped my through in qualification after being handed tough groups but got an easy group in South Africa, Croatia, Cost Rica and Northern Ireland. Needed a win in my last game against Croatia to go through and my centre midfielder pops up with this goal. Not particularly great, but considering almost all of my team couldn't hit a barn door from 2 yards away, it was an awesome moment.

http://www.easportsfootball.co.uk/media/play/video/22027150

I then beat Greece on penalties in the 2nd Round, but got destroyed by Italy 3-0 in the quarters. I love playing with underdogs. Jamaica are next on my horizons, though I hate the CONCACAF qualifying set-up.

Also, anyone want to play online?

Online World Cup would be magnificent if it weren't for a few minor niggles. I had a group of myself, Niger, Argentina and Brazil. I won all three games and a silver trophy, with rest getting 3 points a piece, with Argentina going through on goal diffence. I thought to myself, well that's good, at least I don't have to play Brazil again. But who do I see in the quarters? Brazil. How the hell do I draw Brazil when I already knocked them out? Won 3-0 anyway and now onto the semis. I kinda don't want to play it anyomre if only to keep my 100% record, which will go as soon as I find someone half decent who uses Spain