FIFA World Cup 2010

METALMAN

http://uk.gamespot.com/pages/news/story.php?sid=6247684

I want this rather a lot. I prefer international football to club football because it just seems more special, and this is going to have 199 international teams which is fantastic.

I really do like these games. In fact, I haven't played any football game more than FIFA World Cup 2006 since it came out (though that may be more down to only having a PS2 in my uni flat. >_>)

This game looks fantastic. I've never actually bought an international football game but this time I want to, I love international football and it's just not in-depth enough in the Fifa games. All of the gameplay improvements that are talked about there really address the problems I have with this years game, especially chested control and the goalkeeper AI.

This is out at the end of April right? Will probably get it as soon as it comes out, even though I've not got bored of FIFA 10 yet.

They should release this for half the price of a normal game. Compare this to FIFA10 that has way more teams you can choose from, several modes you can play for a lengthy period and it also contains around 20 international teams. Yes it's awesome to play with the likes of San Marino and Gabon, but I doubt it'll have as much replay value as FIFA10....for the same price.

They should release this for half the price of a normal game. Compare this to FIFA10 that has way more teams you can choose from, several modes you can play for a lengthy period and it also contains around 20 international teams. Yes it's awesome to play with the likes of San Marino and Gabon, but I doubt it'll have as much replay value as FIFA10....for the same price.

This. So hard this. It's promising, but it conceivably could have been released as DLC. If it's full price, that's bulllshiittt. Not to mention, all of the fixes... could be in a fucking patch for FIFA. That's another thing that's rather ridiculous to me.

I also don't get how in last years Ultimate Team, there were some cool new in-game animations after shots and substitutions ...none of that made FIFA 10, and we were given the same tired crap from 09.

I really hope there's an option in 11 to turn sub animations off altogether and just have a notification on-screen saying who has replaced who. That or at least make the shaky stadium loading pictures a little more watchable.

The thing I dislike most about FIFA 10 is the small number of international teams, so this is interesting, but I'mm not paying £40 for it. I'm in the same boat as Baddar for this, if a supermarket has it cheap on release day I'll pick it up, otherwise it's a matter of waiting until it comes down in price.

• 2 months later...

Demoooooooooooooooooooooooooo

The game seems alot faster on normal. I had to switch it to slow and that felt more like what I am used to from 10. The opposition players seemed alot quicker and stronger too. At least, on normal they did. On slow I've been able to have more time and control so it hasn't been as obvious there.

Had a run in with the new penalty system, Villa was running up to take it and I took a step to my left. He then stops just before the ball and I ended up stepping back the other way and making a dive. Got a touch on it but it still went in. From the blurb in the demo, it seems that the hesitation trick is new as well as the composure thing.

I liked the demo. Like Ellis, I noticed the speed of the game, I think each half is only like 2 minutes long, the first match zipped past before I even realised it. Presentation looks a lot better, I like how it'll sometimes go to a shot of a player instead of a boring shot of the fucking sky/arena like FIFA 10 did. I like that Ian Wrights falling brick celebration is in >_>

I like the thought of taking Scotland through and seeing what the Finals look like for once, but I dunno. Given that there are international matches already in FIFA 10, I can't really decide straight off if this is worth getting.

Demo was good, no doubt I'll end up paying full whack for it despite it being the same as Fifa 10, because I'm an idiot like that. Scenario Mode should be good though, always been a big fan of them and it's a shame they're not in regular Fifa.