FIFA World Cup 2010

METALMAN

I'm toying with the thought of getting it with my staff discount. Problem is I'm fairly certain I will tire of it reallyy quickly. Also because I would only be able to play it on my brother's PS3 which is away back at home and I'm supposed to be revising for exams right now. :(

still want it though

Coming from a person who does not play Football games, what would be a better pick up right now...This game or FIFA 10? I mainly want to do online play. I've played both demos and love them both, just not too keen on the prices for either right now. So essentially, which is worth the cost right now?

Well, I'm pretty sure World Cup will be more active than FIFA10 online from now all through the summer until FIFA11.

Edited by The Quasi Juice

Coming from a person who does not play Football games, what would be a better pick up right now...This game or FIFA 10? I mainly want to do online play. I've played both demos and love them both, just not too keen on the prices for either right now. So essentially, which is worth the cost right now?

Well, I'm pretty sure World Cup will be more active than FIFA10 online from now all through the summer until FIFA11.

True, after talking to some of my buds, I think I might get FIFA 10 if I see a price drop next month because they also have it and they still actively play it, then we can do multiplayers, if it doesn't by the end of May I will prob buy WC 2010, but thanks for the advice.

Woohoo Round of 16 against Portugal. It was hilarious though, completely dominated by Switzerland, Argentina and Uruguay in the group stage but ended up winning 3-1, 3-0 and 3-0 because I scored on every chance I had. Rob Friend has 7 goals so far as well so hopefully I can keep the luck streak up.

My nephew and I are 7 games in the quals with Wales. We're on legendary/6min halves.

I haven't played alone yet, but my mate reckons the game is harder than FIFA 10. I think it's harder to score, for sure, but possibly easier to defend, as I'll note below. The fact we can have one of us controlling the player passing the ball and another making a forward run helps.

Our record is P7, W6, D1 - which includes a double over Germany. 2-1 away, 2-0 at home (two Koumas corkers in that one) and we drew the first game with Russia 2-2 after Davies scored a 90th minute equaliser.

But, they're the only goals we've conceded in the group, which I'm surprised by as we couldn't defend for shit in FIFA 10, but then, I didn't play 4-5-1 on that game...

In the last group game we played, we somehow beat Azerbaijan 1-0 away, despite them dominating the game and missing a number of glorious chances.

The group table, as it stands is;

Wales 19pts

Germany 10pts

Russia 10pts

We have 3 games left, Germany and Russia have 4 ...and also have to play each other again. By the way, I fucking LOVE the score updates and marked out when Liechtenstein picked up their only point of the group so far IN Germany.

Our remaining games are Russia (Home), Finland (Away) and Liechtenstein (Away...I think). If we pick up four points, we're guaranteed to be on the plane to SA, regardless of what the others do in their matches. cool.gif

Edited by Baddar

Wow....played Ireland in one of the tightest games ever last night. Both teams had 2 shots on target up to the 89th minute and the defences were playing crazy. Finally buried one with Rozanski then Rob Friend headed in a cross a minute later to let me advance. Now it's France for a spot in the final against either Italy or Germany. Gonna need a miracle to do it.

Just have to share and I'll probably get a Cool Story Bro, but I just started a Online World Cup with Jamaica. My results so far:

Jamaica 4 - 0 England

Jamaica 2 - 0 Wales

Jamaica 3 - 0 Italy :lmao:

Jamaica has a very fun low ranked team. The Italy guy even left after 60 minutes :shifty: Going into second round now :lol:

Edit: I notice a lot of English folks are playing with Spain, pretty lame.

Edited by The Quasi Juice

I really want to get this, but I feel it's no worth the full price and I've got the biggest exams of my life to face from the 9th to the 23rd of June, so I hope I can hold of until then and it'll be cheap then.

So PS3 users have a 2 month jump on me before I pwn all, except Baddar, who I'll probably draw with again. :D

Edited by The Cool One

Play with the world’s greatest players. Enter this code into 2010 FIFA World Cup™ to unlock the adidas Ultimate 11 in-game on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

In the main menu, select:

* My 2010 FIFA World Cup

* EA Extras

* Unlockable Code Entry

* Enter your code and take the pitch

http://www.easportsfootball.co.uk/ultimate11

Thats, just, stupid.