FIFA World Cup 2010

METALMAN

I actually find long range shooting way easier than in FIFA10, while my mate is struggling with it. I've scored at least 20 belters from way outside the 16 yard box already and not even with the best players. My furthest from the goal was with a Puerto Rico defender.....yeah :blush:

Edit: FIFA time again, going for the 3 star team achievement now with Montenegro. Any suggestions for a good 2 star team?

Edited by The Quasi Juice

I think scoring from outside the box is a lot more difficult than in FIFA 10. If you've got the right players you can score some great goals, though, I'm doing a qualification game with Holland and have bagged some crackers with Van Persie, Robben and Sneijder.

I think scoring from outside the box is a lot more difficult than in FIFA 10. If you've got the right players you can score some great goals, though, I'm doing a qualification game with Holland and have bagged some crackers with Van Persie, Robben and Sneijder.

I wanna know, what's your starting 11 for Holland :D

I tried to do my own thing, new formation and everything but got a couple of sloppy results in friendlies so I reverted back to the default formation. Current line-up is:

GK Stekelenburg

RB Heitinga

CB Ooijer

CB Loovens

LB Mathijsen

RDM Engelaar

LDM Van Bommel ©

RAM Sneijder

LAM Robben

CF Van Persie

ST Kuyt

Van Bronckhorst got injured so I put Loovens in and switched Mathijsen to left back and it's worked so well I haven't managed to get GVB back in the starting line-up. Same story for Engelaar, de Jong can't get back in the side. Most regularly used subs include the players already mentioned, van der Vaart, Afellay and Babel who is probably the closest to disrupting the starting 11. I'm trying to get Huntelaar into the team but he's been rubbish every time I've used him. Cruising through the qualifying group as expected but struggled in friendlies with Italy and France. England up next.

Happens with Koumas, Fletcher and a couple of others for Wales too.

So, they ARE referred to as 'Antillies'? - Ugh, annoying. The BoN thing got fixed the other day to just say "Holland", so I wondered what they were called outside of that.

I tried to do my own thing, new formation and everything but got a couple of sloppy results in friendlies so I reverted back to the default formation. Current line-up is:

GK Stekelenburg

RB Heitinga

CB Ooijer

CB Loovens

LB Mathijsen

RDM Engelaar

LDM Van Bommel ©

RAM Sneijder

LAM Robben

CF Van Persie

ST Kuyt

Van Bronckhorst got injured so I put Loovens in and switched Mathijsen to left back and it's worked so well I haven't managed to get GVB back in the starting line-up. Same story for Engelaar, de Jong can't get back in the side. Most regularly used subs include the players already mentioned, van der Vaart, Afellay and Babel who is probably the closest to disrupting the starting 11. I'm trying to get Huntelaar into the team but he's been rubbish every time I've used him. Cruising through the qualifying group as expected but struggled in friendlies with Italy and France. England up next.

I think you're struggling because of your defense, Loovens and Ooijer are pretty slow and Mathijsen is not really a left back. I usually play like this;

RB Van der Wiel (he plays RB in real life too. He's a hidden gem in the game, because he has like 73 overall but he's really fast and good on the ball, which is very handy in attack)

CB Heitinga

CB Mathijsen

LB Braafheid OR De Jong (De Jong used to play LB at Ajax and I've tried him out at lb in the game and he's great there, strong and good on the ball)

I really suggest playing De Jong, he's a great ball winner. Also, Babel is a beast in the game, it's insane.

Lastly, Elia is extremely fast and handy on both sides. He's going to do good at the World Cup me thinks. Use 'em :pervert:

When you play as Holland in qualifying, are they referred to as "Holland Antillies" or was that just a temporary Battle of Nations problem?

Yeah I was glad they fixed that, but apparently not in all situations.

Edited by The Quasi Juice

Thanks for the tips, I've got a couple more friendlies coming up when I can try these out. Loovens has been my best defender so removing him will be tough but Ooijer is going to miss a couple of games with injury, so I'll try van der Wiel and de Jong.

Babel continues to play well for me coming off the bench but Robben's playing lights out on the left at the moment as well. Tried Elia for the first time against England and he did alright but I still lost 2-1 thanks to what must have been a 95th minute Defoe header. Got spanked 4-0 by Germany and drew 2-2 in Scotland so the wheels are starting to come off a bit :P

Talking of uploads, I conceded this penalty the other day;

http://www.easportsf.../video/19625941

Wasn't amused. I got kicked by the forward, he goes flying and wins a pen. hmm.gif

I know I had another defender running behind him, but I never pressed anything (nor did I have control of him) so there was no tackle made.

Edited by Baddar

Can anyone post the Aussie Squad, and also answer if their is any A-League Players in the Player Pool?

I'll only post the starting eleven, can't be arsed with the whole squad:

GK Schwarzer 79 (star player)

RB Emerton 75

CB Neill 78

CB C. Moore 68

LB Chipperfield 75

RDM Grella 74

LDM Culina 71

RAM Bresciano 76

LAM Kewell 79

CF Cahill 80

ST Kennedy 72

Pretty good team. There's also McDonald with a overall of 78 on the bench. About the A-League players, they are there, like A. Thompson, J. Burns, Stefanutto and a lot of other obscure players who play for obscure teams. There's even Holland, who didn't play any match for AZ this year pervert.gif

Another quickie..... is Tommy Oar in the pool, and what is his rating?