FIFA World Cup 2010

METALMAN

Yeah, I was playing as Canada and I can handle England quite easily (only lost 2-0 on a pair of shit goals my keeper should have had) as well as Portugal (1-0 but his keeper saved his ass) but people who play as Spain are the biggest pieces of shit in the world.

Like that on Fifa 10 people just going Barca/Man.Utd/Chelsea/Real Madrid. The games where people are different teams then normal are the ones that end up being the best games to play

I ended up playing Ivory Coast (4.5 star, I settled for them after 25 MORE attempts of someone other than Eng/Esp) in the Quarters and lost 5-4. I played quite badly going forward, but I put it down to being unlucky, seeing as he scored every shot he had with one-on-ones, as my defenders were easily out-muscled by Drogba and Keita and I missed about 5 1v1's with his GK making impossible saves.

I have no doubt that with equal level teams I would've battered him.

Whats the worst Team in the game?! I want to use Captain your Country on it and become their once in a decade mega star.

I am quiet sad that i did not buy FIFA10, importing your player soungs like fun... but i think i will survive!

Well, there are LOTS of half a star teams, so pick one :lol: I think American Samoa might be the worst though.

Ok so...

Opponent with a shit connection + Opponent ping-ponging all over the place + opponent playing as Spain = Quarter Final hammering for my dutch side :/

Shame the same old cheap tactics that worked on Fifa 10 still apply to this, otherwise online mode would be fantastic with the whole online World Cup thing.

Meh, I find lots of Spain/France/England players are quite poo and are just focused on finding the star players which is ridiculous considering every player in their side is just amazing in the game. The fact that I made it to a Online World Cup FINAL with JAMAICA, should tell you those cheap tactics don't work as well anymore :pervert: Ended up losing in the final to France 1-0 though, hit the post 3 times, what a shame :(

Edit: Oh shit I double posted <_<

Edited by The Quasi Juice

My problem is getting shots off. I usually have between 65-75% possession but I end up getting maybe 1 or 2 shots per game because the better teams defense is good in their final third. Really starting to get annoying dominating those people and have it end up going nowhere.

If you're having trouble breaking the opponents defence down, try spreading the play out wide and get some crosses into the box. Scoring from headers on this game is easier than FIFA 10, I reckon.

Also, try taking more shots from distance. You'll be surprised how many shots deflect in your favour ...or even end up in the top corner.

Yeah most of my goals come off of corners. I'm pretty balls at everything else, my crosses just go behind my forwards instead of leading them.

Use LB(or L1) + the cross button, you get a different kind of cross. It's just all about timing and feeling.

Edit: Playing Online World Cup with Argentina 'cause I want to win the darn thing now and nobody ever plays with Argentina. Already 2 quitters, so 2 wins, jokes on them. The last one was the most stupid, 20 min in, I make 1-0, and he already leaves. I guess he's not confident :lol:

Edited by The Quasi Juice

Players double-clutching (Wayne fucking Rooney and Lionel Messi, of all people) and not shooting the ball when wide-open absolutely fucking kills me. KILLS ME. Especially when I'm playing online.

This game is fine, but holy fuck, it's got issues that were fixed with FIFA's latest patch and was fixed even in the demo. Player-switching once again, SUCKS. It fucking sucks. Seriously, so many times I've had players within a step of the ball only to randomly be switched. Also, players seem more lazy when it comes to trying for balls that are going to go out/ahead of them. I've also noticed that defenders generally seem to just stop at the penalty line on crosses, which can really fuck you over.

And passes. Fuck. Fuckfucifufkduckcuffkckc. Seriously, so many times passes will go to players who I didn't want the ball to go to at all. At times it seems like the game will just pin you down and rape you and not give you any control over anything and it's frustrating as fuck. Oh, and touching seems to be even MORE heavy than FIFA 10. What the fuck.

Seriously, I like this game, I do. I'm even heavily considering buying it despite the lack of options compared to FIFA 10, but my God playing tonight just pointed out all the fucking problems with this game. I wanted to slam my head into a wall.

Oh, yeah... and why give us a bunch of new stadiums, AND NOT LET US PLAY WITH THEM ONLINE IN HEAD-TO-HEAD MODE? Or, even more stupidly, why remove penalty kicks/extra time all-together? What in the fuck?

Seriously, this game needs to be patched. And I need to get laid.

Player-switching once again, SUCKS. It fucking sucks. Seriously, so many times I've had players within a step of the ball only to randomly be switched.

Turn the player switching all the way left (so it's darked out) then move it right one. That's what I usually play on. I moved it to that on FIFA 10 when I was having the same issue as you.

Players double-clutching (Wayne fucking Rooney and Lionel Messi, of all people) and not shooting the ball when wide-open absolutely fucking kills me. KILLS ME. Especially when I'm playing online.

This game is fine, but holy fuck, it's got issues that were fixed with FIFA's latest patch and was fixed even in the demo. Player-switching once again, SUCKS. It fucking sucks. Seriously, so many times I've had players within a step of the ball only to randomly be switched. Also, players seem more lazy when it comes to trying for balls that are going to go out/ahead of them. I've also noticed that defenders generally seem to just stop at the penalty line on crosses, which can really fuck you over.

And passes. Fuck. Fuckfucifufkduckcuffkckc. Seriously, so many times passes will go to players who I didn't want the ball to go to at all. At times it seems like the game will just pin you down and rape you and not give you any control over anything and it's frustrating as fuck. Oh, and touching seems to be even MORE heavy than FIFA 10. What the fuck.

Seriously, I like this game, I do. I'm even heavily considering buying it despite the lack of options compared to FIFA 10, but my God playing tonight just pointed out all the fucking problems with this game. I wanted to slam my head into a wall.

Oh, yeah... and why give us a bunch of new stadiums, AND NOT LET US PLAY WITH THEM ONLINE IN HEAD-TO-HEAD MODE? Or, even more stupidly, why remove penalty kicks/extra time all-together? What in the fuck?

Seriously, this game needs to be patched. And I need to get laid.

From the things you mentioned I agree with the passing. Most of the time it's fine, but there are moments when there's a player left of you and you obviously want to play the ball to him, but instead he just passes the ball behind him to some random central defender and it often leads to stressful situations.

By the way, if someone played as Chile today against Argentina in the Online World Cup: fuck you. I did win 4-2, but that guy played with 100% pressure or something and the only thing he did was hold LB/L1 and pass, so all the strikers were running into space and they were friggin' fast too, such a ping pong player. His high pressure play did bite him in the ass though when I countered two times.

Hmm, the computer is pretty good on World Class. Forlan scores a belter against my South Africa side.

Should maybe turn it up to Legendary, though. I struggled on World Class at the beginning, got hammered 4-1 by Croatia with England but then went and won the World Cup with South Africa. Drew 1-1 with Mexico, 2-2 with Uruguay then beat France 2-0, Argentina 1-0, England 2-1, Spain 3-2 after extra time (Zuma's equaliser was terrific) and Brazil in the final.

Had a pop at the Online World Cup yesterday with Argentina. Had Estonia and Spain quit on me when I was beating them and lost a tight game 1-0 to Ivory Coast. Then had an epic Round of 16 game against England, eventually losing 3-2 on penalties :(

Hmm, the computer is pretty good on World Class. Forlan scores a belter against my South Africa side.

Should maybe turn it up to Legendary, though. I struggled on World Class at the beginning, got hammered 4-1 by Croatia with England but then went and won the World Cup with South Africa. Drew 1-1 with Mexico, 2-2 with Uruguay then beat France 2-0, Argentina 1-0, England 2-1, Spain 3-2 after extra time (Zuma's equaliser was terrific) and Brazil in the final.

Had a pop at the Online World Cup yesterday with Argentina. Had Estonia and Spain quit on me when I was beating them and lost a tight game 1-0 to Ivory Coast. Then had an epic Round of 16 game against England, eventually losing 3-2 on penalties :(

Yeah, when you win a World Cup with South Africa, it's time to up the difficulty :P

One of the secret trophies is to succeed at failing. You need to go out at the group stage of the Online World Cup. I figured the best chance of this happening was to play as a 1 star team (there's a trophy for completing the group stage with one, so why not...) so I chose Armenia.

Knowing I HAD to go out, I lost the first game 2-1 against Belgium. I was happy with just the point, but the oppo scored in the 90th minute. I got matched with Ivory Coast next and was beaten 2-0. But in the last game, I was paired with France - I was already out, so went for it and won 2-0. I was very happy, considering I'd read many posts on the EA forums saying how the 5 star teams are TOO much better than the 1 star teams. Well, I found it alright.

Another secret one is to enter the team training page straight after losing a qualifying game. I've lost a qualifying game, but didn't hear about this until afterwards, so will get it again sometime. :/

Anyone know of some of the other secret ones?