UFC 2010

9 to 5

Four straight loses. Two to Cote, one to Leben and one to shitty Mcfedries. Basically feel like quitting, it's beyond ridiculous. There's hard and then there's just this. It's not even a fun hard, it's an annoying one. How you're you're supposed to go undefeated on this difficulty is beyond me. Apparently I have to win my next fight otherwise they wont renew my contract. Good god, and to think people complained about last years career mode :lol:

Edit: Lost my final fight in a rematch to Mcfederies on the judges score cards. Somehow he scored 30-27 throughout, despite it being really even. I'm gone from UFC and back to amateur fights, thank fuck for that.

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

I just bought the game the other day and I love it. The only thing I dislike is submisions, fighting Fabricio Werdum made me want to chuck my controler at the TV. I finally won the HW title and he submits me 30 seconds into my first defense and does the same in the next 5 times I challenge him.

Submissions are harder, yeah, but you can escape from them usually if you pace your stamina enough, and once you get used to the charge and shine system you can even make submissions work for you.

See, if you want to train submissions, you must first get the Salaverry position, then Salaverry elbows, and then the Salaverry Armbar.

Why you ask? Simple. Salaverry position + Salaverry elbows at 3 = easiest way to make sure your opponent will eventually be rocked in training. Then lock the armbar in, if your sub offense is good enough you should get a tap.

Train it up to level 2 or 3, then work on the other ones you want, using the salaverry to train them.

It's kinda lame that you HAVE to do this to get reliable sumissions, but with practice you can learn any submission and train to 3 easily enough with this method.

Also for the harder difficulty levels, I HIGHLY recommend you stay with doing Ultimate Fight Nights for as long as you can. If you're not trying to go undefeated, I'd even recommend taking a few losses at WFA to keep you there for longer. Take the easier opponents until you have a solid foundation to compete with the big boys.

I really don't understand the whole 'they fucked with the stats' thing. I've not been playing too long in my career, won about 7 matches and lost about 2 and I've got all my stats in the 70's and am playing advanced. And I'm not even THAT good at this game to be honest.

I really don't understand the whole 'they fucked with the stats' thing. I've not been playing too long in my career, won about 7 matches and lost about 2 and I've got all my stats in the 70's and am playing advanced. And I'm not even THAT good at this game to be honest.

You've got all your stats up in the 70's after just nine fights? Are these just amateur fights or what and how many points are you getting during each sparring? I didn't even think it was possible to get them into the 70's within nine fights o_O

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

You've got all your stats up in the 70's after just nine fights? Are these just amateur fights or what and how many points are you getting during each sparring? I didn't even think it was possible to get them into the 70's within nine fights o_O

What difficulty are you playing on?

won my first ranked match. I'm so proud of myself :D Went Tyson Griffin against Diego Sanchez 1st round i might have edged it, 2nd he won cause of dominant positions on ground, 3rd i went for a legkick he grabbed my leg, let go so i uppercut him and KO'ed him

Currently 1-2 online

Edit: make that 2-2

He went Shogun i went Franklin. Were both swinging but he's not swaying and i just keep doing swaying counters rocked him but he recovered but second time i knocked him down then just TKO'ed him in the 1st round. Went to Level 9 in two fights :P

Edited by davidmarrio

Thankfully realised why my stats were so shit and it was because I was sparring on auto, which for some reason quite a few guides had said to do. Luckily I tried out a manual sparring and suddenly realised I'm getting triple the points when doing that, madness. So it was clearly my fault all along, what a retard.

Got my stats up pretty nicely now. I'm actually 20-9-0 though, which is more losses than I'd of liked, although three of them came before I realised about my stat stuff. Anderson Silva is an animal and destroyed me in the Muay Thai clinch. So did Wanderlai. I just cant get out of that, any tips in that department. The minute Anderson had me in it, I couldn't get out and he eventually kneed me to death.

One thing I am surprised about is the complaints towards the submission system. No problems at all for me, I actually love it. Haven't been submitted and I also just got my first submission, although that was submitting Mcfederies in all fairness after ground and pound followed by getting his back and choking him.

So career has started to pick up for me. I'll be starting a new one once this is done anyway, so it's a good practise to get used to the basics of it all.

Need tips on the Muay Thai clinch though!

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

I found the easiest way to manage clinches, and opponents ground game is to ( I know some of you may not want to..) turn on the stamina bar. And when i.e: Wanderlai clinches with you, is to flick the right thumbstick from 9 till 3. And you proceed with this motion each time your stamina reaches back to the top.

... hu-uh. Was under the impression that you'd get a trophy for going undefeated throughout career mode. Didn't even get one for having any one set number of streaks.

What was the weirdest thing was that it had me switch weight divisions (well, suggested) in the midst of my HW title run. This despite the fact that my guy was 6'7". I declined, they propose champ v. champ, I go for it, and my 6'7" has to cut to 205lbs? Fucking make Rampage fatten up, because a 206lbs man should not also be 6'7", or he'd be a twig to be snapped in the UFC.

Guy wound up retiring a light heavyweight, because after I decided to defend my LHW title it never let me go back to the HW division, which was shit. Retired scrambling to keep my stats up, managed to pull off getting his striking to around 90 and capped the rest around 80-85.

You figure out fairly fast in sparring mode that if you want the real points, learn a slam at another camp and then spam the slam in sparring. Was on Experienced to try and do the undefeated run (for the apparently make-believe trophy) and I was getting between 120 and 160 points per session by just running at my partner, slamming him, standing, and then re-slamming. Once I got high enough sub skills I started throwing in a sub attempt in the last 10 seconds, which boosted the points more. At one point I got him to tap after about 10 slams and it gave me roughly 170-something points, which is always helpful.