UFC 2010

9 to 5

Enhanced combat will offer players a new Sway System with full upper body and head movement that allows for the dodging of attacks. On the ground, a new Posture System will enable players to deliver stronger, fight-ending strikes from every position. In addition, players will manage Octagon control with new strikes, submissions, transitions and cage positions, as well as experience added realism with the introduction of Southpaw stance. Players will also enjoy customizable freedom with created fighters by combining moves from numerous MMA disciplines, including new moves taken from Sambo, Karate and Greco-Roman Wrestling, to become true mixed martial artists.

UFC Undisputed 2010 will encourage online camaraderie like never before, as players will have the ability to form fight camps and leagues, train like real-life UFC fighters and go online to compete against other camps in the virtual UFC world. Career Mode will also return, including a new “Game Is Watching You” system that will track every action and use this information to dictate in-game commentary, opponent intelligence and overall career progression. In addition, players will enhance their Career Mode experience through online co-op sparring sessions with their respective fight camps and form unique personalities for created fighters to increase their cred, popularity and sponsorships based on interactions during weigh-ins and interviews.

UFC Undisputed 2010 will also introduce players to three new gameplay modes. Title Mode will enable players to fight through one of UFC’s five official weight classes to earn and defend a championship belt. In Title Defense Mode, players will see a fighter’s condition remain persistent but offer milestone challenges built in along the way. In addition, the game’s Tournament Mode will allow players to explore up to 16-player individual and team tournaments within one system. The mode will be compatible with both UFC and created fighters, as well as deliver two unique gameplay styles. Arcade-style play will offer the ability to repeat a fighter’s appearance, while simulation play will limit fighter representation to one appearance.

Someone posted in the 2009 thread about the new game being more "free" in terms of how the standing/ground game works. I hope that's the case.

I'm not huge on MMA, but when I watch most fights on TV and then play the game, I notice how "perfect" everything seems to be with transitions in the game and when struggling to move position on the ground, you're in the same old animations all the time.

I know they want the game to have a fun aspect, but 2009 was full of HUGE punches and kicks landing with no KO as a result, only for a half-arsed punch to end it later in the fight. I hope in that sense it's harder to hit the big shots so that it feels more real.

They could even have a system where you'd need to get a certain amount of attacks in before being able to use the really powerful punches/kicks, as opposed to 2009 where you're free to use them when you want. Opinion on that system would probably be split between people, but I guess if we're going towards realism, then this wouldn't be too bad of a step.

• Like 1

I must say that I too am greatly looking forward to this game. I played the hell out of last years and it's nice to see that it will have actual changes and not just be a roster update with some tweaks like some sports series have done.

I really hope that the career mode is more than just static menus with horribly generic music playing. Also, I hope they get more than just 4-5 songs to play as you hear them non-stop if you play for any length of time.

They already anounced that button mashing submissions are gone. Thats prittymuch the most important thing they needed to do, though i am not shure if spinning the analog stick is the best solution for your Hardware.

I already soled my UFC09 and have the money sitting here to be spend on the next one. (looks like the EA game is not comming before the hollyday season?)

• Like 1

They already anounced that button mashing submissions are gone. Thats prittymuch the most important thing they needed to do, though i am not shure if spinning the analog stick is the best solution for your Hardware.

I already soled my UFC09 and have the money sitting here to be spend on the next one. (looks like the EA game is not comming before the hollyday season?)

EA announced it for October-December 2010.

Someone posted in the 2009 thread about the new game being more "free" in terms of how the standing/ground game works. I hope that's the case.

I'm not huge on MMA, but when I watch most fights on TV and then play the game, I notice how "perfect" everything seems to be with transitions in the game and when struggling to move position on the ground, you're in the same old animations all the time.

I know they want the game to have a fun aspect, but 2009 was full of HUGE punches and kicks landing with no KO as a result, only for a half-arsed punch to end it later in the fight. I hope in that sense it's harder to hit the big shots so that it feels more real.

They could even have a system where you'd need to get a certain amount of attacks in before being able to use the really powerful punches/kicks, as opposed to 2009 where you're free to use them when you want. Opinion on that system would probably be split between people, but I guess if we're going towards realism, then this wouldn't be too bad of a step.

That's exactly what I'm hoping they change. No complaints about the last edition, as in fairness it was their first attempt. That said, everything did feel so 'perfect', mainly the takedowns. It'd be nice to see some more sluggish stuff this time around, some of the takedowns maybe not looking 'perfect', but more realistic. It'd be nice to also see them change some of the ground stuff, certainly when you reach full mount, because it's too easy to escape when somebody is throwing bombs after a while.

Very excited to see what they add and take away this time around. I loved the first realese, just a hugely fun game to play, although it just lacked long term life.