UFC 2010

9 to 5

EA Sports MMA looks more realistic, if the "actual gameplay footage" is to be believed, but I think UFC 2010 will be the better game when it comes to gameplay and depth (career mode, I'm looking at you).

Yeah I'll be hoenst, EA MMA at this point does not look that pleasing to the eye. I understand that it's a ways away from actual release but unless they really go all out I think UFC's game with win the battle.

I'm hoping EA MMA takes advantage of Fight Night's graphics as they were pretty damn good if you ask me. However the career mode was pretty "meh". It was basically menus and then fights. Much like last year's UFC mode but I think UFC has beefed up the presentation this year. Less menus and some cut scenes, things like that. I like that sort of dramatic edge put to a solo sport game career mode.

The game so far looks a hell of a lot better than 09 i'm really excited for this game it seems like instead of games like Madden that only make minor small changes with a few small new features that they've made quite a lot of good improvements and added alot of interesting new featuers i really cannot wait.

Yeh i weren't that impressed with EA MMA but then again it's only an early build but i just feel i'd rather have EA concentrate on Fight Night then kinda jump on the MMA bandwagon. Atleast it'll give us different fighters to play with but i think Undisputed 09 was a really good first attempt and 10 just looks like it's blown 09 out the water

The video that showed your fighter at the press conference / weigh-ins looked really, really cool. Is the game going to have ring entrances too? I hope so, even if most of them are plain.

The one developer they never show but you hear about in the Gametrailers videos, Omar, he said that entrances are out since people just skip them anyways. I agree with that especially since the UFC really doesn't have special entrances like DREAM or Strikeforce. I agree that presentation wise it would have been cool but they would have been skipped after a little while anyways.

Someone on Gamefaqs posted that the demo will be out for those who pre-ordered via Gamestop on April 13th, a week later for everyone else. I don't know if I buy this as I pre ordered at Gamestop and they didn't say a thing about a demo. I even went there tonight to swap my pre order from PS3 to 360 and they didn't mention anything.

Also, apparently it's been confirmed by THQ that the demo will have 16 fighters, 8 welterweights and 8 heavyweights.

Entrances would still be kinda awesome, if only for Joe Rogan and Mike Goldberg talking about the individual merits of the fighters during that.

Though I'd only give a major DO WANT about it for the ability to put my own entrance music in, which I don't know if that's even doable for PS3, because I won't want my 'me' fighter coming out to some wuss rock like Disturbed or POD.

I wonder how customizable the banners will be if they are. Like, if you can put "YOU GONNA GET YOUR NOSE BROKE" or something.

Fight Night Round 4 had entrances with custom music, so I don't see why UFC 2010 would have a problem putting it in. It's too bad they are not going to put in entrances. I really wanted my fighter to come out to a Celine Dion song.

I'd like entrances just for when it comes up with your name and the three bits of information such as BJJ Blackbelt, Most wins by Submission, Hasn't gone the distance that sorta thing would be good

Not sure if it's been spoken about yet, but here's some more news on the demo.

THQ today announced some details on the upcoming UFC Undisputed 2010 demo. Four fighters will be featured:

* Mauricio "Shogun" Rua

* Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida

* Rashad "Sugar" Evans

* Quinton "Rampage" Jackson

These fighters can be used in an offline tournament, or in exhibition mode. The release date hasn't been unveiled, but THQ did say "...we'd like to release the demo a full month before Undisputed 2010 hits store shelves on both PSN and Xbox Live."

Damn awesome. Four fighters is an extra step up from the two last year, plus it's got Machida. I cant wait for this :w00t: