UFC 2010

9 to 5

The PS3 is getting a bunch of exclusive content:

Royce Gracie, Jens Pulver, and Dan Severn as fighters. Also a blu-ray with five classic fights and exclusive classic fights gameplay. I'm not sure but this might be only through Gamestop.

Also if you pre-order regardless of system you get Roy Nelson, Marcus Jones, James McSweeney, and Brendan Schaub. I was going to pre-order this anyways but now I guess i'll get it on the PS3 instead of the 360.

Awesome. Shame there's no Shamrock, but that's still a sweet deal. I love the idea of having 'Legends'. I'm also hoping this year we get less online trophies, because if last years online was anything to go by, I doubt I'll be doing much besides battles against the CPU.

When does this come out anyway? I was planning on picking up Heavy Rain next week, but if this comes out early April I might save some cash for it.

edit: Ah, May 28th. Excellent, just in time for me to get paid and pre-order.

I'd like to see LOTS of additions to CAF.

Namely, more hometowns and Fighting Out Ofs (WTF, no Hong Kong), and the ability to choose what style Bruce Buffer calls for you (for example, if you just want to be known as a Judoka). Also, more than six nicknames, please.

I'd like to see LOTS of additions to CAF.

Namely, more hometowns and Fighting Out Ofs (WTF, no Hong Kong), and the ability to choose what style Bruce Buffer calls for you (for example, if you just want to be known as a Judoka). Also, more than six nicknames, please.

While I think that would be nice, I am hoping they sort out the Career mode a bit, it got very monotonous, and gnerally beef up the game play, I can handle them not chaning CAF that much if they make the game play... deeper, more meat to it. 2009 was a great jumping off point, but it'd be nice to see a few extra fighting styles added and make wrestling/BJJ work a bit more varied, rather than takedown, pass guard, then G&P or go for a sub, I'd like it to be a bit more varied... At the end of the day 2009 was great for what it was, but THQ have an opportunity to create a great series here if they don't rest on their laurels.

Sadly, this IS THQ we're talking about, so I'm not completely throwing laurel-resting out of the equation...

The lack of depth in CAF was my least favorite part about the game, really.

Though I absolutely marked out seeing Hialeah, Florida (where I was born) as a viable hometown... it was also a letdown that, for whatever reason, you couldn't be fighting out of Hialeah, Florida...

I don't exactly understand what they can do all that much to change gameplay from being monotonous. That is the way that sports games tend to be; from Madden to NHL to Fight Night, they all grind on you for a bit after you play for a while. The difference is that these games have MUCH better immersion.

It isn't going to happen, but I'd like for your fighter to be able to start off as something less than completely retarded in each career mode. Hell, even have the ability to fight with any one you want up to a title shot.

Agreed on CAF. Considering the create mode in SvR is pretty fucking good, you'd reckon they'd be able to muster up something better than the one they did in Undisputed 09. Ability to make guys that don't look the same as each other would be pretty grand, too. Was hardly surprising that the online community for CAF was almost non-existent because it was impossible to make a resemblance to anyone.

I also found it weak that you couldn't do much with the tats... and if you tried to make your own words with tattoos, you couldn't use the character in online mode!

I mean, I know WHY they did it, so people can't have guys with three Ks on their chest or something like that, but I still felt that was discouraging creativity.

There's only so much you can do with the CAFs, which is why I'd rather see more CAFs than an improved career mode (though that's not to mean a revamped career mode would be something I'm against).

Also, I will only get EA MMA if you can make a women's fighter from Wascilla Alaska. Oh, and if Arlovski's in it, because I'm a mark for the Pitbull.

The EA MMA stuff looks pretty good and I imagine by the time it comes out which is anytime between August and December from what I've heard, I'll be done with UFC 2010. I pre-ordered UFC 2010 earlier today and if EA ends up looking good as well I'll probably buy both this year.

• 2 weeks later...

Holy shit, this all sounds amazing. And it's exactly the kind of stuff that I was talking about - even the thing about your fighter talking between rounds is a groundbreaking touch to pull me into the game. Actually, pretty much everything that I mentioned is in there in one way or another (fighters aging, the results of previous fights meaning something, deeper career mode with more details).

You're welcome. :shifty:

Looks very interesting. Still got the 30€ from selling UFC 2009 sitting in my Banc acount, so i might get this game early on.

Holy Smackdown's CAW/moveset system, Batman.

Anyway, I honestly didn't care about this game, but reading all of this and watching the Gamespot has piqued my interest quite a bit. Hopefully they can give this game some longevity and it could be phenomenal, not just a flash in the pan for a while like 09 was.

Edit: Ooh. Bell Centre. Cool.

Shit, I cannot remember the last time I watched something and just immediately started to grin like a mad man, The only thing that I haven't seen us able to customise so far are the banners (It's gotta be a matter of time before they show that we can customise those too). But I cannot wait till May (Wait, It's almost April. Hurry up time!)

Competition brings out the best in everyone, EA announces an MMA game and THQ steps up big time. Everyone wins!

Holy Smackdown's CAW/moveset system, Batman.

Anyway, I honestly didn't care about this game, but reading all of this and watching the Gamespot has piqued my interest quite a bit. Hopefully they can give this game some longevity and it could be phenomenal, not just a flash in the pan for a while like 09 was.

Edit: Ooh. Bell Centre. Cool.

See, if I can get anywhere near the longevity out of 2010 that I did get (and still am getting) out of 2009 I'll be a very happy man. Still play that whenever I have mates over.