UFC 2010

9 to 5

I occassionally get a breif pause in gameplay... like a second maybe... for my PS3 version of UFC.

The only game that really gets laggy for me offline on my PS3 is Fallout 3. Occassionally it will freeze up during VATS sequences in the wasteland. So I've made it a point to autosave fairly often while roaming.

Sometimes though I have to do a total reset in The Pitt or Point Lookout though. Point Lookout isn't that bad, though, except when you're heading to the hotel.

Joakim Johnson is running through his career like a semi. The heavyweight division has already been demolished, and I've been bumped down a weight. I just earned my LHW title shot against Brandon Vera by knocking out Luiz Cane of all people.

EDIT: Your new Light Heavyweight Champion of the World, WAH-HEEEEM JOHNSON! 1st round knockout with a swaying left hook.

32-7 is my record, my only losses are to:

Shogun Rua (1x - submission)

Frank Mir (x2 - submissions)

Minotauro Nog. (1x - submission)

Rich Caldwell (x2 - submissions, early on in career)

Someone (1x - knocked me out, can't remember who it was but it was right after my 2nd loss to Rich Caldwell, and I was being a cocky, pissed bastard taunting and he caught me with a haymaker)

Well fuck, that reign didn't last long. First defense, fucking Rua catches me with a submission.

Just abused Tito, who came out of retirement to fight me, in brutal fashion with a TKO 1:37 into the 1st round. Bonnar was KOed next with an elbow to the jaw with a minute left in the 1st. Time for my rematch, and rubber match, with Shogun as I KOed him on my road to the title, which he went on to steal from me. Scratch that, looks like Vera took the title somewhere in there. Bastard.

Stole my title back from Vera, first defense against Bonnar now. Aaand Bonner got KNFO in the 1st, moving onto Rampage before I call it a night.

Looks like Rampage is calling it a night too. SPINNNINGGG HEEEL TO FACEEEE

Edited by Closed and Moved to Archives

I occassionally get a breif pause in gameplay... like a second maybe... for my PS3 version of UFC.

The only game that really gets laggy for me offline on my PS3 is Fallout 3. Occassionally it will freeze up during VATS sequences in the wasteland. So I've made it a point to autosave fairly often while roaming.

Sometimes though I have to do a total reset in The Pitt or Point Lookout though. Point Lookout isn't that bad, though, except when you're heading to the hotel.

I've noticed a lot lately where the characters feet will vibrate and jitter during the cut scenes and then slow down for a few seconds.

Fallout 3 game of the year edition is bad about freezing and slow downs for me as well

For me, as I said, the worst thing about it is that it's in the midst of the fight, especially when we're fighting inside each other's standing guard. Game just starts jittering and lagging up and my controls lag in accordance or just outright refuse to respond, while the CPU of course keeps attacking in slow motion and eventually is able to knock me out somehow or tackle me, and the tackling seems to sort-of break the lag a little, but it's a really not much help since I'd either be getting tackled by Lesnar or Fabricio, either of which seem to dominate entirely on the ground.

what's your take down defense ? I have a lot of problems with them as well. for Fabricio i find that if I watch my stamina I can survive his onslaught of submissions. and for Brock I find if he get on top of him he gets easier. just conserve your stamina and pop him with shots from mount blocking his transition attempts

Right now my biggest weakness in this game is the lag. I sincerely don't know why it's lagging in offline matches though, this is still a new PS3. Granted that I got it when the slim versions had only just came out, but still, I've never any other problems with it before.

Like just now. My guy's a fucking stand-up fighter, his power is centered mostly in keeping it off the ground when he can. I built him so he'd be good on ground, but I'm more comfortable with stand-up because I can end most fights from there. I fight another fighter who plays a stand-up game (forget his name at the moment), and as soon as we get into each other's range during the match, everything slows down and starts to lag. I can't sway to dodge his punches, my counter-punches won't go through half the time and the other half are delayed before going, and I eventually wind up knocked out halfway through the first round because the fucking game has disabled half of my controller.

I seriously don't get this. No problems with God of War III. None with Final Fantasy XIII. None with Assassin's Creed II, nor Metal Gear Solid IV. Hell, not even a single problem with UFC 2009, but this game? This game lags like fucking crazy and it's basically ruining the game for me because I literally cannot play through career mode now without the game doing this in matches. I mean, like I said, Batman did this, but it only did it when I was crossing by the part of Arkham where they've got the big statue lit up on fire, and I figured it locked up so much because of all the particles on the screen at once. There is no excuse for this, however, because all I'm trying to do is have a fucking match and nothing more.

The strangest thing? No problems outside of career mode. I play exhibition and I get no lag at all most of the time, perhaps aside from maybe once or twice. Yet in career mode I've consistently been lagged into KO's and submissions now for the past many, many matches, and I just don't get why.

just an idea have you tried uninstalling ufc and reinstalling and see if that helps. I've noticed when I have major slow down in fallout 3 that seems to fix the problem for a while

had a few online fights with my mate. Won 10-3 overall ;) But he beat me when we had a CAF V CAF fight both pretty much guys with 70+ stats i got knocked out by a jab ala Kimbo Slice style in the 3rd round

Don't worry TheBoss, it's not just you. THQ utterly fails at putting together any type of online service it seems, as online has been fucked since release. I've been waiting patiently for them to fix it already but god knows if/when they'll do that. All I know is that THQ won't be getting my money for games anymore, they've extremely disappointed me.

Very late, but I finally just got the game (rented that is)!

Played a couple of exhibitions, very enjoyable and impressive. Now just jumped straight into a career. It's safe to say they without a doubt fucked it up with the stats. I'm not really one to moan, but it's just madness really. I've been trying to take my time, yet I've just been thrown into the UFC now after breaking the top twenty in the rankings...and my stats aren't even all at fucking 30 yet! I've got quite a few to 30 and left them there while still trying to build the rest up to that. It's pretty ridiculous, because I now have my first UFC fight against Cote and my stats are laughable. I'm undefeated (6-0), but I cant see how that's ever going to stay the same now unless something major changes. I haven't even had a chance to check out game plan, camp invite or anything like that, because I've been fully focused on getting the stats to that 30 boundry. Maybe I fucked up, either way they've without a doubt fucked up that part of career. Am I majorly behind right now or do I still stand a chance?

I'll try the rest of the modes lately. So far I'm enjoying it if you forget the stats and the fighters being way too slow at the start of the career (although that's not too bad of a thing I guess). Thumbs up so far, but I need to play more.

I'd love to do the career mode with the stats you get in normal CAF, or even use a real UFC fighter to finish/take forward their career.I get the point of it is to build up a fighter, but why can't you start one as an already established fighter? It's annoying, and will probably be called an improvement for next year's game when we finally get that option. :/