UFC 2010

9 to 5

Question. Is there a way to make my CAF's announced as something other than a boxer/street fighter? That's really annoying when your CAF is fighting like Anderson Silva.

Teach them new moves and train them stronger in certain areas, generally your CAF only has a Level One on all their moves they actually use, so it doesn't readily identify them. I think my guy is identified as a wrestler and a kickboxer, I'd have to go back and check, but that's because I leveled his ground grappling and his punches/kicks more than anything else.

... to be fair though there's a chance I'm talking out of my ass, because generally I skip the introductions and never hear my fighter announced as anything. I just swear I remember one time skipping after my guy was announced and they said something different, could be misremembering though.

boss knockout in a ranked match. I was Cain he was Struve and start of the second we both charged ran at each other he went for a knee to the body and i connected flush with an overhand right and knocked him out. I won the 1st by takedowns and controlling standup but so awkward cause he could body kick rather far and Cains not really a tall heavyweight

I had my favorite KO ever on the game last night. I was playing as one of my CAF's against Michael Bisping in a title defence. I managed to hit him hard quite a few times but he kept coming at me. I was close against the cage and he was swinging like a madman so out desperation I just threw a superkick(I forget the name of it on the game) and just at that time he had went for a body punch and the kick caught him right in the jaw. So basicly I KO'ed Bisping by Sweet Chin Music,lol

I had one in a ranked match where he was Shogun and i was Machida and i'd already rocked him earlier on in the fight and we both went for he jumping head kick and i just beat him to it and ko'ed him

This game is 10,000 times harder to just jump into than the last one. I can barely manage a submission and I have no idea if I'm doing the right stuff with stats in Career. Right now I'm just upping striking and knocking anyone out that comes anywhere near me on beginner.

This game is 10,000 times harder to just jump into than the last one. I can barely manage a submission and I have no idea if I'm doing the right stuff with stats in Career. Right now I'm just upping striking and knocking anyone out that comes anywhere near me on beginner.

Nah, that's just how it is. You can forget about subbing a person now.

So, I got an e-mail from Gamestop saying this is dropping in price from sixty to forty bucks. As a guy that enjoyed UFC 2009 for only a few weeks, is this worth it?

Not really. If you didn't get more than a few weeks out of 09, you'll probably get a bit less out of this.

• 2 weeks later...

Realised why i hate playing online at times. Takes the piss to find a game and sometimes you just get boring people who'll just go for takedown/mount all the time nothing else

• 3 weeks later...

THQ looking at 'longer development cycle' for next UFC

"We thought based on the preorder trends that we saw and what we were hearing from retailers and consumers alike and we built our plans for growth in UFC this year," THQ CEO Brian Farrell said on an earnings call today. However, with 2.7 million units sold relative to last year's 2.9 million units in the same period, it's clear the sequel didn't show signs of "growth." (Was it Red Dead's fault?)

After reaffirming it as "still a top franchise" Farrell told the call, "What we're thinking about – not to necessarily reinvigorate it because it's a great franchise – but as I said in my prepared remarks, we're considering a longer development cycle. 15-, 18-, 21-months between releases rather than annually." That increased development time will, ostensibly, increase product quality and, with fewer releases, increase consumer demand. That combined with the UFC training and fitness game (not to mention PSP ports), Farrell assures analysts that "We think there's a lot of growth to be had with the UFC franchise over the next several years."

Farrell is quick to declare that there will be a UFC game in the next fiscal year. "We will have a UFC title in fiscal '12," he said directly. "The question is timing, as I said. Could it be 15-, 18-, 21-months? That depends on both the scope of the game, the window, and how we want to release that game. As I said in my prepared remarks, we thought maybe a 12-month cycle might be a little quick but it'll be somewhere around 18-months give or take a few months."

If you consider this year's UFC Undisputed 2010 on a 12-month dev cycle, an 18-month cycle would put its successor somewhere around late November 2011, smack dab in the middle of the busy holiday shopping season. Might be a tough spot for a UFC game to fight its way out of.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/08/09/thq-looking-at-longer-development-cycle-for-next-ufc/

There also is DLC comming,no idea what it is, but it will be exclusive to Playstation+ next month.

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished a career in 09. My CAF Vladmir Shushenko was 21-3-0. 17 by KO, 4 by TKO. Lost all three by TKO. In this game I have not achieved one submission! But other than that it is an awesome game!