Having a Megadrive themed party.

K

Haha, yeah, Retro Gamer lists that as one of the best Retro goodies it's ever featured, so I have to look at photos of that thing once a month at least. It's hypnotic.

Incidentally, how little would you trust this guy around your kids?

GC6983.jpg

bubsy439edaky2.jpg

All you need is a white T-Shirt (with a painted on red exclamation mark), orange trousers, orange gloves, cat-like face paint and orange hair dye/spray and you can be the legend that is Bubsy. Or, probably for about the same price, you could intensively spray tan your entire body and just wear the white t-shirt. Can't guarantee you'd look like Bubsy, but it would definitely be a talking point.

If I was you though, I'd be totally buying that Sonic outfit - it's even better than the full length Scooby Doo outfit I regrettably didn't get. :(

Edited by badotori

I know there were Street Fighters on the Mega Drive, but that will always be a SNES game to me.

There were more and better Street Fighter games on the Megadrive :angry:

We had the SNES version + extras, and then we got the new characters... It was AWESOME :w00t:

Really, I wouldn't consider Street Fighter, Lemmings, Bubsy or Mortal Kombat appropriate - you'd have to go as a Sega character, really, if it's specifically a Mega Drive party rather than just a videogame one.

Clearly it needs to be Scorpion (complete with roped spear) or Sub Zero (if only so you can say use the "would you like ice with that" chat up line) or even better, take both costumes and keep changing.

I echo the Sega-specific sentiments, but it'd be bloody funny if you also got the alternates for Smoke, Rain, Ermac and Reptile and made various cheap ecuses to leave in a middle of a conversation, and return as a different character.

Clearly it needs to be Scorpion (complete with roped spear) or Sub Zero (if only so you can say use the "would you like ice with that" chat up line) or even better, take both costumes and keep changing.

I echo the Sega-specific sentiments, but it'd be bloody funny if you also got the alternates for Smoke, Rain, Ermac and Reptile and made various cheap ecuses to leave in a middle of a conversation, and return as a different character.

One of my favourite fancy dress situations ever was the one night two guys turned up as Sub Zero and Scorpion (it was about the third time they'd done it, so they were expected), someone else as an infinitely superior Sub Zero and then, having not spoken to any of the others, my friend Mike shows up dressed as Reptile. Who the fuck dresses as REPTILE?!