10 Oscar nominees?

arwrestling

So, the nominees have been announced for this year's Oscars. And we all know thwey bumped up the Best Picture nominees to 10. So, what if they had bumped up the 4 acting award nominations to 10, as well as the directing award too? Who would you add as nominees to the list...

Top help out, here's the official nominations... Just add 5 more to each category (*italic)...

Best Director

Kathryn Bigelow - The Hurt Locker

James Cameron - Avatar

Lee Daniels - Precious....

Jason Reitman - Up in the Air

Quentin Tarrantio - Inglorious Basterds

*Todd Phillips - The Hangover

*Pete Docter - Up

*Nick Cassavetes - My Sister's Keeper

*Michael Bay - Transforers: Revenge of the Fallen

*Gavin Hood - X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Best Actor

Jeff Bridges - Crazy Heart as Bad Blake

George Clooney - Up in the Air as Ryan Bingham

Colin Firth - A Single Man as George Falconer

Morgan Freeman - Invictus as Nelson Mandela

Jeremy Renner - The Hurt Locker as Sgt. William James

*Kyle Gallner - A Haunting in Connecticut as Matt Campbell

*Bradley Cooper - The Hangover as Phil Wenneck

*Zack Galifianakis - The Hangover as Alan Garner

*Daniel Day-Lewis - Nine as Guido Contini

*Johnny Depp - Public Enemies as John Dillinger

Best Actress

Sandra Bullock - The Blind Side as Leigh Anne Tuohy

Helen Mirren - The Last Station as Sofya Tolstoy

Carey Mulligan - An Education as Jenny Miller

Gabourey Sidibe - Precious... as Clarieece Jones

Meryl Streep - Julie & Julia as Julia Childs

*Virginia Madsen - A Haunting In Connecticut as Sara Campbell

*Cameron Diaz - My Sister's Keeper as Sara Fitzgerald

*Sofia Vassilieva - My Sister's Keeper as Kate Fitzgerald

*Isabelle Fuhrman - Orphan as Esther

*Zoe Saldana - Avatar as Neytiri

Best Supporting Actor

Matt Damon - Invictus as François Piennar

Woody Harrelson - The Messenger as Capt. Tony Stone

Christopher Plummer - The Last Station as Leo Tolstoy

Stanley Tucci - The Lovely Bones as George Harvey

Christoph Waltz - Inglourious Basterds as Col. Hans Landa

*Alec Baldwin - My Sister's Keeper as Campbell Alexander

*JK Simmons - I Love You, Man as Oswald Klaven

*Christian Bale - Public Enemies as Melvin Purvis

*Brad Pitt - Inglourious Basterds

*Giovanni Ribisi - Avatar as Parker Selfridge

Best Supporting Actress

Penélope Cruz - Nine as Carla Albanese

Vera Farmiga - Up in the Air as Alex Goran

Maggie Gyllenhaal - Crazy Heart as Jean Craddock

Anna Kendrick - Up in the Air as Natalie Keener

Mo'Nique - Precious... as Mary Lee Johnston

*Betty White - The Proposal as Grandma Annie

*Sara Paxton - The Last House On The Left as Mari Collingwood

*C. C. H. Pounder - Avatar as Mo'at

*Carla Gugino - Watchmen as Silk Specter/Sally Jupiter

*Fergie - Nine as Saraghina

So, the nominees have been announced for this year's Oscars. And we all know thwey bumped up the Best Picture nominees to 10. So, what if they had bumped up the 4 acting award nominations to 10, as well as the directing award too? Who would you add as nominees to the list...

Top help out, here's the official nominations... Just add 5 more to each category (*italic)...

Best Director

James Cameron - Avatar

*Todd Phillips - The Hangover

*Pete Docter - Up

*Nick Cassavetes - My Sister's Keeper

*Michael Bay - Transforers: Revenge of the Fallen

*Gavin Hood - X-Men Origins: Wolverine

lmao.gif ahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahaha

hahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahah

aahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahah

ahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahaha

haahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahaha

hahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahah

ahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahah

ahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaha

hahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahaha

hahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahah

ahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahah

ahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahaha

hahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaaha

hahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahah

ahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaah

ahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahaha

hahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaa

hahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahah

ahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaha

ahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahaha

hahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahah

aahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahah

ahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahaha

haahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahaha

hahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaha

edit: I actually had to come back in here and ask are you fucking serious?

Meh.... director choices were hard (those were the last two I thought of.....) and tbh, it was only due to the commercial success of the film (which can very well be placed onto the director's shoulders...) May not be the most artsy films or anything, but they were successful....

Again, are you fucking serious? I don't want to come off as being a cunt, which I kind of am, but still - Transformers and Wolverine? Both films were pretty much complete trash. And I liked Wolverine! It doesn't need to be an artsy film, but it needs to be a few steps above Michael Bay and one of the bigger disappointments of 2009. tongue.gif Of the top of my head I can name like 10 films that should be placed above those (though still not really be nominated...), Watchmen, Star Trek, The Soloist, Drag Me To Hell, The Hurt Locker, Public Enemies, District 9 (which I didn't like at all), Sherlock Holmes, The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, The Road...

No, unless you're an acclaimed director you don't sell a movie. And while it can be argued that in some way Michael Bay is an acclaimed director that is not what sold Transformers.

Also, I'm pretty sure Wolverine was not that successful at the box office.

Also, your list is shit.

• Like 1

Meh.... director choices were hard (those were the last two I thought of.....) and tbh, it was only due to the commercial success of the film (which can very well be placed onto the director's shoulders...) May not be the most artsy films or anything, but they were successful....

Again, are you fucking serious? I don't want to come off as being a cunt, which I kind of am, but still - Transformers and Wolverine? Both films were pretty much complete trash. And I liked Wolverine! It doesn't need to be an artsy film, but it needs to be a few steps above Michael Bay and one of the bigger disappointments of 2009. tongue.gif Of the top of my head I can name like 10 films that should be placed above those (though still not really be nominated...), Watchmen, Star Trek, The Soloist, Drag Me To Hell, The Hurt Locker, Public Enemies, District 9 (which I didn't like at all), Sherlock Holmes, The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, The Road...

It's already nominated. laugh.gif

Being perfectly honest I'd have said the lead actor was Christoph Waltz. The main character was Soshanna in my view, and they decided Waltz is only supporting, but eh. Thats not how it works unfortunately.

Best Director

James Cameron - Avatar

Michael Haneke - The White Ribbon

Tom Ford - A Single Man

Pedro Almodóvar - Broken Embraces

Wes Anderson - The Fantastic Mr. Fox

Lone Scherfig - An Education

The White Ribbon is breathtaking. For anyone who likes art house cinema or just anyone who really has an open mind to film. Highest recommendations from me. A Single Man is Tom Ford (saviour of fashion label Gucci) debut as a film director and it's just what you'd think from a fashion designer. Overpowering visual effects and such an attention to detail. Pedro Almodóvar doesn't get the love he should from the Academy because they are biased towards English films and he is Spanish. This is just as good, if not better, than his earlier work. The Fantastic Mr. Fox was an amazing animated film, even better than Up! and was Wes Anderson's return to form. Wes was getting a bit too isolated from his audience and Mr. Fox is definitely his most "mainstream" film. And Lone Scherfig did a great job directing An Education. It was a film that didn't reveal too quickly and for that I commend Lone. Far too often, filmmakers jump the gun and throw everything out there. An Education manages to be subtle, and exploit every single frame of the movie. Great.

I like that the criticism wasn't for the sappy Cassavetes flick and was just for Transformers and the like. Or THE HAUNTING IN CONNECTICUT.

The Haunting In Connecticut is an unrated horror masterpiece. Watch out Hitchcock.