The 2010 NFL Thread

Vendetta

The Raiders cut a kicker named Swayze Waters..how do you cut somebody with that type of name.

When you have Sebastian Jan... Janik... Janikow... Some weird Polish name and his leg of near limitless power.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXTvv4mjur0

Thing is..that made it to about the 4 yard line with the wind against him...a decent tailwind...he might've made it..

If that dude doesn't have the NFL Record by the end of his career I'm going to be very disappointed.

He could hit an 80 yarder with enough tailwind.

We're off to a great start in New England!

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=5540944

Patriots' Randy Moss has 'bad feeling'

New England Patriots receiver Randy Moss, who has kept silent for most of training camp, expressed some frustration Monday afternoon about not having a contract beyond this season.

"When you have done so much and put so much work in, it kind of feels like I am not wanted," Moss told William Bendetson of CBSSports.com. "I am taking that in stride and playing my final year out and whatever the future holds is what it holds, but it is kind of a bad feeling -- feeling not wanted. It is not like my production has gone down. I am speaking from an individual standpoint. I don't know about [Patriots quarterback] Tom [brady's] or whoever else's contract.

"I am a little older and understand the nature of the business -- the older you get the more your skills supposedly diminish, but I think I am getting wiser in how to use my physical skills. That's the frustrating part when you put so much heart and desire into things and feel like you are not wanted."

Moss, 33, is entering the final year of a three-year contract and will earn $6.4 million this season. Last season, Moss caught 83 passes for 1,246 yards and 13 touchdowns.

Brady, whose contract also expires at the end of the season, and Moss went out to dinner together Monday night, according to a source.

Moss has been quoted more than once this offseason as saying he thought this would be his last year in New England.

In May, in a Boston Herald story about Moss parting ways with longtime agent Tim DiPiero, Moss was quoted as saying, "I don't think I'm realistically in the future plans of the Patriots. But if the New England Patriots don't want me in their future, [it's a business]. I understand."

Moss made similar comments in February. "I don't think they are going to extend my contract here," Moss said, according to The Boston Globe.

"You know the Patriots don't really pay, so when I got my second contract from them that was a blessing in disguise. I understand the business. I don't think they're going to re-sign me back. I'm not mad. I'm not bitter. It's just the way things are in this NFL, so like I said after this year I'll be looking for a new team. I think so."

Double post, but here's some full predictions

AFC

East

New England 10-6

Miami 9-7

New York 7-9

Buffalo 2-14

North

Baltimore 12-4

Pittsburgh 10-6 (WC)

Cincinnati 7-9

Cleveland 4-12

South

Indianapolis 13-3

Houston 10-6 (WC)

Tennessee 10-6

Jacksonville 5-11

West

San Diego 10-6

Oakland 8-8

Denver 6-10

Kansas City 5-11

NFC

East

Dallas 11-5

NY Giants 10-6

Washington 8-8

Philadelphia 7-9

North

Green Bay 13-3

Minnesota 11-5 (WC)

Chicago 7-9

Detroit 3-13

South

New Orleans 11-5

Atlanta 11-5 (WC)

Carolina 6-10

Tampa Bay 4-12

West

San Francisco 9-7

Arizona 7-9

St. Louis 6-10

Seattle 4-12

AFC Playoffs

Wild Card Round

New England over Houston

Pittsburgh over San Diego

Divisional Round

Baltimore over New England

Indianapolis over Pittsburgh

Conference Championship

Indianapolis over Baltimore

NFC Playoffs

Wild Card Round

New Orleans over Minnesota

Atlanta over San Francisco

Divisional Round

New Orleans over Dallas

Green Bay over Atlanta

Conference Championship

Green Bay over New Orleans

Super Bowl XLV

Indianapolis over Green Bay

AFC East

New York

New England

Miami

Buffalo

AFC North

Baltimore

Cincinnati

Pittsburgh

Cleveland

AFC South

Indianapolis

Houston

Tennessee

Jacksonville

AFC West

San Diego

Oakland

Kansas City

Denver

NFC East

Philadelphia

Dallas

New York

Washington

NFC North

Green Bay

Minnesota

Detroit

Chicago

NFC South

New Orleans

Carolina

Atlanta

Tampa Bay

NFC West

San Francisco

Arizona

St. Louis

Seattle

Seeds

AFC: Baltimore, Indianapolis, New York, San Diego, Houston, Oakland

NFC: Green Bay, New Orleans, San Francisco, Philadelphia, Minnesota, Carolina

Playoffs

Wild Cards

Houston over San Diego

New York over Oakland

San Francisco over Carolina

Minnesota over Philadelphia

Divisionals

Baltimore over Houston

New York over Indianapolis

Green Bay over Minnesota

New Orleans over San Francisco

Conference Championships

Baltimore over New York

Green Bay over New Orleans

Super Bowl

Baltimore over New Orleans

A lot of typing to justify my homerism, but with the ridiculous strides our offense has made I'm feeling fucking great about the Ravens this year.

I'm not going to do a full prediction list, but I'm going to throw out there that Green Bay will bomb and Aaron Rodgers will cement himself as the most over-rated player in the league. Controversial opinion considering how everyone is jerking it to the Packers, but I stand by it. I'm also going to nominate the Colts over the Vikings in the Superbowl.

Holding onto the ball for too long causing umpteen sacks and showing immaturity in his decision-making are his main problems. The guy is good, real good and I hope he does win a Superbowl, but everybody is getting on his back like he's the second coming of Jesus after 2 seasons. He's definitely top 5 in the league, but I personally feel he's over-rated and I think he'll crack when the it gets serious for Green Bay.

Edited by The Cool One