The 2010 NFL Thread

Vendetta

I can't believe I'm saying this, but none of that was Wade Phillips fault. The defense played a great game. Garrett is just not creative enough with his play calling and until he starts opening it up, Dallas is going to sputter on offensive. That game was lost on a stupid pitch play by Romo and a fumble by Choice and then Alex Barron, who no amount of quality coaching could help.

Bull crap. We lose to our rival because one of our own players doesn't have enough sense to not wrap his arms around a redskin neck. I am so pissed right now. I hope number 71 is proud of costing his own team the win.

You sound like a true Cowboys fan, since you don't know the name of your own player :shifty:

Wade Phillips also deserves a multi-year extension AND a raise.

Peter King is also pulling a Kevin Nash on Twitter right now.

"There's a reason why the Rams, 6-42 over last three years, were so happy to dump Alex Barron. You're seeing it tonight."

"How does Alex Barron have a job in football, other than selling beer in the stands? He is a disgrace."

"Think I'm being too hard on Barron? Three holding pens in last 31 minutes. Third nullified winning touchdown. How can a lineman be worse?"

"Think I'm being too hard on Barron? Three holding pens in last 31 minutes. Third nullified winning touchdown. How can a lineman be worse?"

He could be Flozell Adams! *rimshot*

Flozell: 1 penalty, 5 yards today.

Barron: Numerous penalties, multitudes of yards, one loss today.

-----

As for everyone blaming the coaching staff, I'm sorry but I just don't see it. Players have to execute and in the end they didn't.

Romo was awful on that final drive. He overthrew open receivers, he was nearly picked when he made an absolutely horrible decision to throw to a receiver who was being triple covered and the only passes he completed were to guys who were wide open. Add to that his poor decision to toss that ball to Tashard Choice when he had receivers going deep and he could've chucked it up for them, or he could have ran forward and slid at some point, I think he deserves a portion of the blame.

Of course Alex Barron is the goat overall, but I just don't see where the Cowboys' coaches failed. Garrett's play calling was good enough to win. His players didn't execute, bottom line.

Edited by Evil Chase K

He could be Flozell Adams! *rimshot*

According to the NBC graphic, Barron's the most penalized lineman in the last five years. Adams is second. So, being Flozell would be a mild improvement. :shifty:

Barron should consider a career change to MMA. He appears to have one hell of a rear naked choke.

Me, I'm surly at Dallas for their defense being totally unable to make any plays anywhere at any time, except Mike Jenkins avoiding back-to-back touchdowns/PI penalties. My wife won't stop crowing about how she's about to beat me in the 4 Quarters fantasy league.

• Like 1

The only team in NFL history to have 3 receivers with over 500 yards receiving and you throw 3 picks?

Are you quite sure that's right? Also, I'm only seeing 1 picks.

If you want to take what ESPN is spewing out as fact.

I've seen 2 picks 1 pick so far but ESPN says 3 turnovers.

I must be not paying close enough attention.

The only team in NFL history to have 3 receivers with over 500 yards receiving and you throw 3 picks?

It's 500 career receptions, not 500 yards receiving.

You fail at reading almost as much as Dustin Keller fails at picking up first downs at the end of a game :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Edited by naiwf

It's 500 career receptions, not 500 yards receiving.

You fail at reading almost as much as Dustin Keller fails at picking up first downs at the end of a game :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I don't even care anymore after those two final Jets play's ^_^