The 2010 NFL Thread

Vendetta

I don't have a problem with Moss. I don't have enough energy to actually 'hate' any athlete. It's just a game, and I don't live and die by it like some do. Maybe that comes from playing it, maybe it's just my general malaise about most things. He takes plays off. Always has, always will. If you're willing to put up with that, he was a great player, is still a very good player (at times), and is a future Hall of Famer. He's no Jerry Rice.

I don't see any reason to 'hate' TO. He works hard, he plays hard, and he's always been a little different. When he's on the field, he performs. You can't ask for anything more. I'll take TO every day over Marvin Harrison, who was quiet, a hard worker, and all that, then goes and shoots people. You don't have that trouble with TO, all you get is blown up media bullshit.

Is there something in the Mile High air that makes coaches insane? I know Shanahan is in DC now, but he's working out Jamarcus Russell after saying McNabb isn't in shape. Are you serious? Then there's Josh McDaniel jettisoning his two best players last year and going a robust 4-14 since a 6-0 start.

The Bengals messed up by not keeping Antonio Bryant. He was the only WR worth having at this point, no TO, no Ochocinco and no Moss. Bryant was more than enough, great player and a medium/low profile.

Considering TO is in the top 10 in catches, yards, and TDs, I think not

• Like 1

Merriman will get hurt, since that's all he's done the last 3 years. Still, they're probably getting him for cheap and they'd like to win a game so why not?

Moss on the Titans? Well, let's just say I don't think this will improve their offense as much as give them more offensive options. Sucks to be a fantasy guy who just picked up Nate Washington though.

I've read conflicting reports. Some say late, some say helmet contact. I see none of that in this hit:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81bdb571/article/steelers-harrison-fined-20k-for-hit-on-saints-qb-brees?module=HP_headlines

The league told Harrison he put his facemask into Brees' back after the quarterback delivered a pass, causing Harrison to draw a roughing the

passer penalty.

Bullshit. What concerns me more is that they saw fit to fine the dude, yet the official on the field, who had a clear, uninterrupted view, didn't think to throw a flag.

Jets offense are making up for last weeks debacle by having 4 possessions and going 3 and out 3 times.

Disgustingly predictable playcalling from Schottenheimer, be amazed if they managed to even score .

EDIT:

Get in the red zone and fumble the snap on 3rd down. <_<

Hopeless. Atleast they got 3 points. Finally some points.

Edited by Cadj

Sanchize is as much to blame as anyone else. If he doesn't think he can hit Braylon Edwards on a deep pass he instantly checks down. His first 6 completions were for 61 yards, but the 74 yard bomb makes it look like he had a great half. In most of his games he's either throwing dump downs or long bombs and nothing in between.