The 2010 NFL Thread

Vendetta

what a pathetic performance by the dolphins getting shut out at home. brandon marshall drops the ball twice, gets 2 stupid penalties and then gets injured. now that's some production from your fantasy player. Thigpen had no help there, the O-Line was hurting but the drops/penalties were brutal. he wanted to take off and run a little too much at times. the defense tried but they just were on the field too much. Cameron Wake should be a pro bowl lock as their only bright spot.

Yeah, Miami has been awful at home. I think the Bears may be the worst team to ever have the best record in their conference. There only win over a good team was Green Bay (Which is impressive) but looking over the teams they beat (And even the others they lost too) it's not a surprise they are 7-3 right now.

Now watch them beat Philly, New England & the Jets to make me look stupid :shifty:

I know the Dolphins were depleted, but you have to give the Bears some credit. Look at how they played last night compared with earlier this year, they're much more cohesive on the offensive line, and were actually able to run block for a change. And Cutler played a lot smarter too, only one or two daft mistakes as opposode to what seemed like fourteen per game in the first couple of weeks.

Obviously, it remains to be seen whether they can play like that against quality/full-strength opponents, but it's encouraging to at last know they're capable.

Also, how fucking awful is that NFLN commentary team? Papas is okay, but Theismann keeps repeating himself until he happens to get it right, and Millen just sucked off Marinelli all game long. I did like the part at the end of the second quarter when Theismann was all "you can't get cute, just look at Dallas earlier this year (against Washington)" and Millen's all "hey remember when YOU did that...in the SUPERBOWL?"

Bears are in a prime position to steal a playoff spot from a vastly superior team (Packers, Saints, Eagles) if they can win 4 of their last 6. That's a surprising possibility too. Sanchize doesn't play well against strong defenses, and that's what the Bears have. Then again, Cutler also sucks against strong defenses.

Also, how fucking awful is that NFLN commentary team? Papas is okay, but Theismann keeps repeating himself until he happens to get it right, and Millen just sucked off Marinelli all game long. I did like the part at the end of the second quarter when Theismann was all "you can't get cute, just look at Dallas earlier this year (against Washington)" and Millen's all "hey remember when YOU did that...in the SUPERBOWL?"

That was pretty sweet, but the only thing that could have made that moment better is if Theismann turns to Millen and says 'Yeah, we've all made mistakes, difference is I learned from mine and didn't piss away twenty first-round draft picks. You still welcome in Michigan, dicksnorter?'

Got a big problem don't know who to start this week..I can start two receivers and two running backs so I don't know who to start out of the following....

RB Mike Tolbert

RB Fred Jackson

RB Thomas Jones

WR Derrick Mason

WR Wes Welker

WR Marques Colston

Colston and Tolbert are a definent..I'm leaning towards Mason because he has done very good in the slot the past three games with three touchdown catches...Fred Jackson is facing Cincy and Jones is facing Arizona...

That was pretty sweet, but the only thing that could have made that moment better is if Theismann turns to Millen and says 'Yeah, we've all made mistakes, difference is I learned from mine and didn't piss away twenty first-round draft picks. You still welcome in Michigan, dicksnorter?'

To which the perfect response would be something about Theismann only being famous for getting his leg rearranged by Lawrence Taylor. But Millen would probably fuck up the delivery - largely due to him being busy trying to fit both of Rod Marinelli's balls in his mouth.

• Like 3

To which the perfect response would be something about Theismann only being famous for getting his leg rearranged by Lawrence Taylor. But Millen would probably fuck up the delivery - largely due to him being busy trying to fit both of Rod Marinelli's balls in his mouth.

I think we can agree they both slurp heartily from the trough of donkey spunk as commentators, though.

That is essentially the conclusion we're arriving at, yes. I think the only worse trio I've heard was when soft-spoken Dick vermeil was calling a hell of a game, but you could barely make out a word he was saying amongst the verball snowballing that was going on between Deion Sanders and Marshall Faulk.

Where is Chase? I'm here to mock his bitch-made Steelers. See, Raider fans know the truth about Pittsburgh. The Steelers pretend to be this tough team, and a tough organization, but they're really bitches. Back in the 70s, they tried to sue the Raiders for being too violent. The yellow stripe isn't just for decoration.

Also, because Big Ben can't beat Oakland.

Fuck the Stillers, and fuck Pittsburgh.

Sam Bradford, Jimmy Clausen, and Colt McCoy have yet to throw an NFL pass and they\'ll all get bigger contracts than that. :P

Oh shit, totally the same situation!

And no, Colt McCoy will not. He won't be drafted before the 5th round, if at all. He's terrible.

While I am not a fan of McCoy's potential of being a good QB in the NFL, he is still widely seen as the 3rd best QB in the draft and almost a lock for the 2nd round.

Where is this?

Jarrett Brown, Tim Tebow, Zac Robinson, Jevan Snead, John Skelton, fuckin Dan LeFevour.. I'd be willing to bet a good majority of these quarterbacks are all higher up on front office's draft boards than Colt McCoy. Widely seen as the 3rd best QB? That's insane. It's Clausen, Bradford, a handful of those guys I listed, and then maybe McCoy. If the team's shot caller is a Texas grad or something. :P

And not to argue semantics or anything, but I'd be willing to bet even a 2nd round QB wouldn't make $5 mil/year. :P Hell, Josh Freeman barely made that.. (his deal's a 5 year/$26 mil deal). After the first 12 or so picks, the money well really dries up for rookies.

Is that the guy you mean Meacon?