The 2010 NFL Thread

Vendetta

Are they definitely going to match-up with KC/San Diego as opposed to Indy? I really hope that's the case because Peyton scares me far more than either of the AFC West teams.

By virtue of the Ravens winning in week 1, Baltimore will be going to Indy for the second straight year. Unless either the Ravens lose next week and Jets win or the Steelers lose and Ravens win.

If the Jets end up having to face San Diego, which looks unlikely, I wouldn't expect lightning to strike two years in a row though.

Oh, damshow, you're underestimating the choking power of a Norv Turner team in the playoffs.

There's a first time for everything.

Of course if Carson Palmer has his way it won't be this year either.

EDIT- Thank you Manningham, I have a pulse baby!

Edited by damshow

The following people NEED to not be part of the New York Midgets next season.

Tom Chokelin

Perry Fewell

Brandon Jacobs

The guy that's been stealing money all season long pretending to be the special teams coach

Matt Dodge

Darius Reynaud aka the worst punt/kick returner in the business

Whoever works with the team on their ball security skills

Even though I'm an ardent Steelers hater it's time to bring on The Chin <_<

I think you're missing someone in that list, naiwf. I mean, the guy throws at least one pick each game.

Also, with the game suspended, who's playing tonight instead?

This team would be no better than 6-9 without Eli, even with all of his turnovers. It's not his fault that the defense and special teams completely disappeared after he staked them to a 31-10 lead last week. He wasn't the guy that jumped offsides during the first Eagles game after he gave the Efense a lead in that one with less than 6 minutes left. He didn't get torched by his brother, or make Kitna look like his brother in the rematch with Dallas. Even with all of the picks and fumbles, he's still one of the few untouchable guys on the whole team. For all of his faults, there are no better QBs available through trade or free agency. The only way the Giants could potentially upgrade the position is if they were picking 1st in the next draft, and I don't know if Luck could handle the elements and/or pressure of being the Giants QB.

In short, I want all of the coaches dead. The entire special teams grouping of punter, kicker and returners, dead. Anything less will be a disappointment. You can't keep this team intact after finishing 1-4 in '08, 3-8 in '09 and gagging up the last two games this year. The aberration finish of '07 isn't enough to keep Chokelin's job anymore. Cowher isn't great in December/January either, but enough is enough and it's time for a change :shifty:

I'm a Jet Fan, and I don't like the Giants much at all.

That being said, I consider Eli Manning in the lower half of the Top 10 QBs in football. The only QBs right now off the top of my head that are better are Brady, Peyton, Brees, Rodgers, Rivers, Roehtlisberger, & Vick. Matt Ryan may be close, but I'm not willing to say that's definite just yet. I've never seen so many interceptions occur due to passes off receivers hands. I feel like thats where 75% of his picks come from. My point is Eli is not to blame for this.

Eli Manning's picks are the least of the Giant's problems. They usually come when they're behind anyways, and they aren't game killers, since the games are already over due to the rest of the Giant's inadequacies.

I'd be laughing more at the Giants if the Cowboys hadn't shat the bed 3 weeks into the season.

So Eli, throwing all those picks, it's not as guilty than Matt Dodge or the Defense or the Special Teams for those losses?

What you want is a new favorite team.

He's going to end up throwing for 4,000+ yards and 30+ TDs and that's with his favorite receiver missing about half of the season. Coming into today, the Giants were the 6th best scoring unit in the league and 3rd best in yardage and that's with averaging more than 2 turnovers per game.

Matt Dodge is 31st in the league in net punting and is one of only 8 punters this season to have one blocked. I don't think it needs to be said that the final play of the game last week falls ENTIRELY on the special teams unit and coach, as does the bizarre decision not to put the hands team out there at 31-17.

The defense gave up 28 points in 7 1/2 minutes after being staked to a 31-10 lead last week. In their 6 losses this year the vaunted defense of the Giants has given up 38,29, 33, 27, 38 & 45. They also gave up 35 in that first Dallas game, but Eli put up 41 and the defense somehow spotted the Staffordless Lions 20.

It's obvious you don't know what the fuck you're talking about when it comes to the Giants. If Eli wasn't on this team they wouldn't have more than 6 wins. Their special teams are amongst the worst in the entire league and the defense gets lit up more often than they mug a team from the get go. In short, the offense is the only consistent part of the team.

Edited by naiwf

Eli Manning is the least of the Giants problems. Having a QB who can win you games, who can carry and lead the team, and who can put up great numbers is the recipe for success. Too many of his turnovers come when the team is behind, or are the fault of the receivers, to really make a difference. He makes mistakes, but his brother and Brady make mistakes too. No he's not on that level, but he should be the Giants QB for the foreseeable future.

Just saw on NFL Gameday..Mike Singletary was fired

And said that candidates to replace him are Gruden..whose name It hink alwaysw comes up when a position is open..and Jim Harbaugh

And said that candidates to replace him are Gruden..whose name It hink alwaysw comes up when a position is open..and Jim Harbaugh

I'm a 49ers fan and despite the disappointing year I did not want him fired.

Harbaugh makes sense but I seriously think he's going to Michigan (Carolina is a long shot too to get him and pair him with Luck). Gruden has ties to the organization.

Singletary being fired almost makes me hope the 49ers go 0-for next season.

The 49ers under Singletary have stunk because of a combination of some mediocre players on the roster, good players underperforming, injuries and bad luck. They should have just forfeited the rest of the season when Frank Gore got hurt.

I'm a 49ers fan and despite the disappointing year I did not want him fired.

Harbaugh makes sense but I seriously think he's going to Michigan (Carolina is a long shot too to get him and pair him with Luck). Gruden has ties to the organization.

Some indications are that Harbaugh and Luck are both sticking around at Stanford for one more year. We'll see how much validity there is to these rumors after their bowl game. I don't see Harbaugh coaching in the NFL ranks, not when he can make just as much money at a college program like Michigan and likely have more job security.

I don't think being head coach of the 49ers means what it used to, the organization has been in disarray for years. They are finally getting the new stadium though, so that step could very well turn their fortunes around.

Yeah, like I said, sissies.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Pennsylvania-governor-slams-NFL-for-canceling-Ea?urn=nfl-300773

Pennsylvania's governor agrees, "It's an absolute joke. I was looking forward to this. It would have been a real experience. This is what football is all about. We're becoming a nation of wussies."