The 2010 NFL Thread

Vendetta

This is a year where all 4 Wild Card teams might be favored to win their games. The shootout in Philly will be won by the better defense, and I think that belongs to Green Bay. Colts are barely winning games and going against a strong defense might prove the difference. Then again, I don't know why you'd ever pick the Sanchize in a duel with Peyton. Ravens have a perfect matchup against the Chiefs. And Seahawks facing the Saints is an almost laughable matchup.

Nice and easy playoff schedule then!

At Indy, if we win that, at New England.

Definitely not my preferred route to Dallas but all those games are winnable and I doubt anyone expects the Jets to win so being the underdogs might help the team.

Either way, been a tremendous sporting year for me (something I'm really not used too...) so I'll enjoy the ride, unless Peyton decides to carve up the Jets D through the middle like he probably will <_<

Does your team just get to skip the AFC Championship game because Rex Ryan said so? You'd have to win at Indy, at New England and then either at Pittsburgh, KC or Baltimore just to get to Dallas.

Yes. :shifty:

I messed up the post the first time (had the Pats/Ravens/Chiefs game as AFC title game and Steelers as divisional game).

Forgot to write in the other teams this time around although in fairness, it was like 7am when I re-edited it.

But even if we beat the Colts, I doubt we'll beat the Pats in Foxboro anyway :(

Yes. :shifty:

I messed up the post the first time (had the Pats/Ravens/Chiefs game as AFC title game and Steelers as divisional game).

Forgot to write in the other teams this time around although in fairness, it was like 7am when I re-edited it.

But even if we beat the Colts, I doubt we'll beat the Pats in Foxboro anyway :(

Look at the bright side, it can't get any worse than 45-3 :shifty:

Just so you remember how the seeding works, the # 1 seed always plays the worst ranked opponent left from the first weekend, and the # 2 seed plays the higher ranked winner.

If # 6 wins, they ALWAYS play at # 1 since they're the lowest ranked of the 4 possible opponents

If # 3 wins, they ALWAYS play at # 2 since they're the highest ranked of the 4 possible opponents.

The winner of the 4/5 game then gets moved forward depending on what happens in that other game. If # 6 wins, then the winner of this game plays at # 2, if # 3 wins then they play at #1.

The AFC/NFC Championship is the easiest one to figure out since the better seed of the two teams left hosts the game.

Here are my projections for the playoffs

Wild Card Round

Baltimore Ravens d. Kansas City Chiefs

Indianapolis Colts d. New York Jets

New Orleans Saints d. Seattle Seahawks

Philadelphia Eagles d. Green Bay Packers

Divisional Round

Pittsburgh Steelers d. Indianapolis Colts

New England Patriots d. Baltimore Ravens

New Orleans Saints d. Atlanta Falcons

Philadelphia Eagles d. Chicago Bears

Conference Championships

New England Patriots d. Pittsburgh Steelers

Philadelphia Eagles d. New Orleans Saints

Super Bowl

New England Patriots d. Philadelphia Eagles

I can actually see a 5 seed hosting a 6 seed (Green Bay @ New Orleans) in the NFC Title game this year. I'm almost certain the Bears will be taking an exit in their first game, and the Packers going over the Falcons wouldn't surprise me either.

In fact, may as well make my predictions:

Wild Card Weekend:

NFC

Saints over Seahawks

Packers over Eagles

AFC

Colts over Jets

Ravens over Chiefs

Divisional:

NFC

Saints over Bears

Packers over Falcons

AFC

Patriots over Ravens

Steelers over Colts

Conference:

NFC

Saints over Packers

AFC

Patriots over Steelers

Super Bowl 45:

Patriots over Saints

---

Certainly not the way I hope it goes down as the Eagles and Patriots are the two teams I really don't want to win the whole thing, but I have to call it as I see it.

I'm going the other way with a 5 hosting a 6. I like the Jets to make another run to the conference championship game and for the Ravens to knock out the Steelers. However, Ryan will win out in Flacco vs. Ryan II.

Wildcard Round

Saints d. Seahawks

Jets d. Colts

Ravens d. Chiefs

Packers d. Eagles

Divisional Round

Jets d. Patriots

Ravens d. Steelers

Falcons d. Packers

Saints d. Bears

Conference Championships

Ravens d. Jets

Falcons d. Saints

Super Bowl

Falcons d. Ravens (Damn you Matt Ryan!)

Alright, lets do this.

Wildcard Round

Colts def. Jets

Ravens def. Chiefs

Saints def. Seahawks

Packers def. Eagles

Divisional Round

Steelers def. Colts

Patriots def. Ravens

Saints def. Bears

Falcons def. Packers

Conference Round

Patriots def. Steelers

Saints def. Falcons

Super Bowl

Patriots def. Saints

I can't go against the two best quarterbacks in the playoffs. The Saints have proven they can go into Atlanta and win, and I think they can again. I also can't go against Hoodie Bill and Brady.

I think it's safe to say The Patriots are a shoe-in for the Superbowl unless there is a massive upset in Foxboro. The only possible matchup they could lose, IMO, that wouldn't be an upset at this point is the Steelers or maybe the Colts, depending on how you look at it.

I would like to see the Saints face them unless the Eagles can get their act together. Falcons certainly could have been the most marketable given their track record this season but the loss to the Saints makes me less enthused by that matchup.

Wild Card Round

Green Bay Packers d. Philadelphia Eagles

Divisional Round

Pittsburgh Steelers d. Indianapolis Colts

Green Bay Packers d. Atlanta Falcons

New Orleans Saints d. Chicago Bears

Conference Championships

New England Patriots d. Pittsburgh Steelers

Green Bay Packers d. New Orleans Saints

Super Bowl

Green Bay Packers d. New England Patriots

So yeah, I think Green Bay defy the odds and win 3 straight on the road, mainly due to what I saw from their defence these past two weeks. This is also the same team that took the Pats to the limit with Matt Flynn, so I see no reason why they don't beat them with Rodgers under center in Dallas.

Wild Card Round

Saints d. Seahawks

Jets d. Colts

Ravens d. Chiefs

Eagles d. Packers

Divisional Round

Patriots d Jets

Ravens d. Steelers

Eagles d. Falcons

Saints d. Bears

Conference Championships

Patriots d. Ravens

Eagles d. Saints

Super Bowl

Patriots d. Eagles

Super Bowl with the two top MVP candidates? Patriots destroying people with scrap heap players vs. Mike Vick time? I'm totally in for that one and I think Vick will keep the game close with some ridiculous stats, but I think the Pats aren't going to be denied.

Wild Card Rounds

Baltimore over Kansas City

Indianapolis over New York

New Orleans over Seattle

Green Bay over Philadelphia

Divisional Round

New England over Baltimore

Pittsburgh over Indianapolis

Atlanta over Green Bay

New Orleans over Chicago

Championship Round

New England over Pittsburgh

New Orleans over Atlanta

Super Bowl XLV

New England over New Orleans

.....Devin McCourty is a beast. What a shame that he's on the Patriots

I'm not complaining.

My predictions:

Wild Card Rounds

Baltimore over Kansas City

New York over Indianapolis

New Orleans over Seattle

Philadelphia over Green Bay

Divisional Round

New England over New York

Baltimore over Pittsburgh

Atlanta over Philadelphia

New Orleans over Chicago

Championship Round

New England over Baltimore

New Orleans over Atlanta

Super Bowl XLV

New Orleans over New England

Wild Card Round

(5)New Orleans Saints d. Seattle Seahacks(4)

(3)Philadelphia Eagles d. Green Bay Packers(6)

Divisional Round

(2)Pittsburgh Steelers d. Indianapolis Colts

(1)New England Patriots d. Baltimore Ravens

(1)Atlanta Falcons d New Orleans Saints(5)

Philadelphia Eagles(3) d. (2)Chicago Bears

Conference Championships

(2)Baltimore Ravens d (1) New England Patriots

(1) Atlanta Falcons d (3)Philadelphia Eagles

Super Bowl

(3)Baltimore Ravens d (1) Altanta Falcons

I was reading through the thread, and I saw everyone start posting predictions, so I figure I will too....

Wild Card Round

Ray Rice will run wild. Ray Lewis will get a billion tackles. Ed Reed will intercept Matt Cassell. Gotta give the Chiefs props though, great year altogether for them.

New York Jets d. Indianapolis Colts

Jets will win with D. Peyton's more beatable this year than any other, and the Colts D isn't exactly the '00 Ravens.

Probably will be a snorefest, with the off chance of it being close due to NO injuries/Writing off the Seahawks, like everyone else. But it'll probably be Saints by 30.

Philadelphia Eagles d. Green Bay Packers

My thinking is that the Eagles used the "week off" to school their starters on why they lost the first time. Vick will definitely be more effective in this game, he was kind of just thrown in there. Now Reid will be able to gameplan with having the dual-threat, as opposed to the very vanilla Kevin Kolb offense. Birds always seem to play the Pack well under Andy.

Divisional Round

Baltimore Ravens d. Pittsburgh Steelers

This one could really go either way, but I think the Ravens win. They're 3-2 in road playoff games over the last 2 years.

New England Patriots d. New York Jets

I can't look past the shellacking the Pats gave the Jets earlier this season. It'll be closer, but the Pats win.

Atlanta Falcons d. New Orleans Saints

Get the feeling that the Falcons will win the rubber match between these teams. The offense doesn't turn the ball over and the defense gets takeaways. Brees more prone to bad decisions than last year, and 3 road playoff games are a lot harder for the Saints than playing in the Superdome

Philadelphia Eagles d. Chicago Bears

Jason Avant said the Eagles are on their "revenge tour," That they wanna beat the teams that beat them in the season. I think the Eagles are the team to get hot in the playoffs this year, like the Cardinals when they went to the SB. Go Birds.

Conference Championships

Tom Brady's playing better than ever, even if the numbers don't show it. They could be better than the '07 team that was getting lucky a lot down the stretch. Will be another close one.

Philadelphia Eagles d. Atlanta Falcons

Vick could finally win an NFCCG in the Georgia Dome. The Falcons will be good, but I don't know if they can match the Eagles speed. Roddy White is one of the best WRs in the game, but Maclin and Jackson are both close. McCoy is very underrated, maybe better than Turner.

Super Bowl

New England Patriots d. Philadelphia Eagles

As much as I hate to say, the Patriots will probably win another SB under Brady/Belicheck. If the Eagles are close, though, watch out: Vick won't throw up during the 2 minute drill.

As an Eagles fan, I don't see how we get to the Super Bowl. Maybe if we beat the Packers, we'll get streaky, but right now, I fear a one and done. The O-line has been poor in the second half of the season, and the defense is banged up. Stewart Bradley won't be back in time for the Wild Card, and Nate Allen is out for the playoffs too. Losing Allen has hurt big time, and Samuel has been roughed up all year. The secondary is shaky, and if we have to get past guys like Rodgers, Cutler, and Brees or Ryan, I'm going to be concerned. Vick or no Vick, that's a tall task for a defense that is hurting from injuries.

As an Eagles fan, I don't see how we get to the Super Bowl. Maybe if we beat the Packers, we'll get streaky, but right now, I fear a one and done. The O-line has been poor in the second half of the season, and the defense is banged up. Stewart Bradley won't be back in time for the Wild Card, and Nate Allen is out for the playoffs too. Losing Allen has hurt big time, and Samuel has been roughed up all year. The secondary is shaky, and if we have to get past guys like Rodgers, Cutler, and Brees or Ryan, I'm going to be concerned. Vick or no Vick, that's a tall task for a defense that is hurting from injuries.

You're not an Eagles fan. I refuse to believe it what with your logical thinking, and lack of blind homerism.

• Like 1