The 2010 NFL Thread

Vendetta

Flacco can't win by himself, he can be the greatest QB of all-time but if his receivers can't catch a perfect fucking pass there's no way Baltimore is gonna win.

But Eli Manning is to blame when his receivers turn sure first downs into INTs? :P

Flaccid blew that game with a pick, a fumbled snap and taking bad sacks. Yes, he can throw the ball 90 yards from his knees, but Baltimore will never win a title with him under center. The man is no Trent Dilfer.

I've got to respectfully disagree with you on the Joe Flacco point.

You'd be wrong, but that's OK :) Flacco vs Steelers in a close game ends with Flacco turning over the ball 9 times out of 10.

Goodell better tell his refs that Stealers/Pats MUST happen. I want Pittsburgh level ref cheating to ensure that Brady/Rapistberger takes place next week.

I've got to respectfully disagree with you on the Joe Flacco point.

You'd be wrong, but that's OK :) Flacco vs Steelers in a close game ends with Flacco turning over the ball 9 times out of 10.

At his pace, the stuff he's doing right is far outpacing the stuff he's doing wrong .... especially when it's limited to one team. I'd hate to see what a guy has to do in his first three years in the league (that Flacco hasn't) for you to NOT ask if the 'experiment is over' ...

Stay classy, Ravens fans.

Just showing the same respect that Steelers Fan does.

At his pace, the stuff he's doing right is far outpacing the stuff he's doing wrong .... especially when it's limited to one team. I'd hate to see what a guy has to do in his first three years in the league (that Flacco hasn't) for you to NOT ask if the 'experiment is over' ...

Maybe, gain a single yard in the 3rd quarter with a 14 point lead on the road :shifty:

Flacco looks skittish under pressure whenever I see him play. He's the type of guy that plays well enough to get you the 5 seed (behind Pittsburgh for obvious reasons) and then lose the divisional round every year. It's not his fault per se, but I don't think he has what it takes to win a Super Bowl and Baltimore is a win now team.

Flacco looks skittish under pressure whenever I see him play. He's the type of guy that plays well enough to get you the 5 seed (behind Pittsburgh for obvious reasons) and then lose the divisional round every year. It's not his fault per se, but I don't think he has what it takes to win a Super Bowl and Baltimore is a win now team.

Honestly, it's just Pittsburgh.

The kid has won FOUR playoff games on the road in his first three years ... and has won at least one playoff game each year. I'd say he does fine under pressure. I mean, I don't remember anyone calling for Peyton's experiment to be over when he couldn't beat the Patriots .... :shifty: (yeah I'm not seriously comparing him to Manning .... just an odd similarity between the two)

• Like 1

I'm a Steelers fan and have been pretty respectful. Hardly fair to lump an entire teams fanbase together based on a few guys. Anywho, I thought the game was what I expected. Very close, strong D and (Luckily for me) Ben making big plays late and leading us to the win. It really could have gone either way, I'm just glad it went ours and hopefully we do it again next week.

As for Flacco, I am still unsure. I mean he can win playoff games (Although his numbers leave something to be desired) but he's in what? His 5th year next season? He still has a lot of time to develop and Baltimore is putting good pieces around him. They just need to hope he makes that jump within the next year or two because the D is getting a little long in the tooth (Although it too has some solid guys with mileage left).

Edited by Hajjhowe

Goodell better tell his refs that Stealers/Pats MUST happen. I want Pittsburgh level ref cheating to ensure that Brady/Rapistberger takes place next week.

Rapethlisberger is a far better play on his name than rapistberger, it just rolls off the tongue.

I'd tell Steelers fans to be classy, but no amount of civility and monocles can make cheering for Ben the Rapist classy.

• Like 1

I'm a Steelers fan and have been pretty respectful. Hardly fair to lump an entire teams fanbase together based on a few guys.

You should talk to the "few guys" that have migrated their way the few hours over here to Maryland. And ECK ... :shifty:

Flacco will be in his 4th year next year.

Well, um, sorry that Chase annoys you guys?

But yeah, I'd say Flacco should get at least one more kick at the can. He's got a lot of playoff experience now and if he can't get past a top team next time than it might be time to look elsewhere.

Hey, there are other NFL teams playing!

I love that 4th and inches call. I couldn't get behind Atlanta after how gutless and cowardly their play calling was against the Saints Week 16, but decisions like that go a long way towards giving a team momentum. I've got money on the packers, but I was pulling for the Falcons before the dumbest punt ever against the Saints, and it's nice to see them show some balls.