The 2010 NFL Thread

Vendetta

I'd say this years class has some interesting 'project' guys who have the physical tools but need some polish between the ears and on mechanics and shit. But yeah, I suppose none of them really jump out as 'sure fire' picks. Still they have Chris Johnson and the defense and can let Kerry Collins get his umpteenth kick at the can. Plus they have...

RUSTY SMITH!!~!~!~

... Sorry Titans fans.

I don't think you can call Big Ben the most clutch QB in the NFL right now, Boltstrikes. He sure as hell wasn't looking clutch at all in the final 2 minute drive. His passes weren't great, like usual, and his decision making was awful. Only 1 time out, clock running...so you throw a 4 yard pass to Hines Ward in the middle of the field? C'mon, even Vinny Testeverde wouldn't make that throw!

One game suddenly doesn't make him clutch?  Lets not ignore the fact that he still managed to put his team in position to win in the final two minutes and just came up short.  He has consistently brought his team back from deficits in the past, leading the entire league in fourth quarter comebacks since he entered the league back in 2004.  He is, at worst, the third most clutch quarterback in football.

I don't see why people seem to forget that Greenbay has the second best defense in football (arguably better than Pittsburgh's) and easily the best secondary with Charles Woodson, Nick Collins, Tramon Williams, and Sam Shields.  Of course a quarterback is going to struggle and that is even when Woodson went down; that is how good GB's depth is.  I'm not going to argue that he played great or anything, but it isn't like he looked crap against the Detroit Lions or anything.  It was Greenbay.

General question that stupidly annoyed me last night, why do Americans not sing along to the national anthem? Is it just at that event or are you always so silent? Don't know why it annoyed me so much :blush: !

People do sing along. Just not to the level which seems to have become the normal in NHL arenas in Canada. There are a lot of people who just don't know the anthem though. In schools here the anthem isn't played like it is around the world.

Not once did I hear God Save the Queen played at any of my schools.

General question that stupidly annoyed me last night, why do Americans not sing along to the national anthem? Is it just at that event or are you always so silent? Don't know why it annoyed me so much :blush: !

People do sing along. Just not to the level which seems to have become the normal in NHL arenas in Canada. There are a lot of people who just don't know the anthem though. In schools here the anthem isn't played like it is around the world.

And I've never heard the Wilhelmus at mine but I'm sure pretty much every time the song is played every single Dutch person watching will sing along, whether at home or at the event.

Most people don't sing during the anthem because the tradition is to lower your head and pray or at least appear to be paying respects during the singing, much like you do during the Pledge of Allegiance.

• Like 1

Most people don't sing during the anthem because the tradition is to lower your head and pray or at least appear to be paying respects during the singing, much like you do during the Pledge of Allegiance.

That's what was instilled in me in the military. You stand there in silence, and respect. You don't sing along; you stand at attention.

And I've never heard the Wilhelmus at mine but I'm sure pretty much every time the song is played every single Dutch person watching will sing along, whether at home or at the event.

Not my point in the slightest. Sahyder was suggesting that countries outside the U.S. know their anthems because they're played in schools. I was just pitching in that that's not necessarily the case.

In Baltimore we shout "OH!!" during "Oh say does that Star-Spangled Banner..." And in Chicago I'm pretty sure they just raucously cheer over the anthem (or is that just for Blackhawks games?). There's a lot of unique traditions instead of everyone singing along with it like you would hear people in the UK, for a relevant example, loudly signing "God Save the Queen".

Also, if we sang along with the anthem last night Christina Aguilera might not have fucked it up.

To be honest, it seems that for the players at least, singing the anthem has become something that very few of them seem to do.

However, as an Englishman, I know that if I was ever in that position, I'd fucking sing the anthem. Even though it is shit.

Not my point in the slightest. Sahyder was suggesting that countries outside the U.S. know their anthems because they're played in schools. I was just pitching in that that's not necessarily the case.

Sahyders main experience with school is America, Canada, and Pakistani terrorism schools.

• Like 1

Guess that makes sense. I'd just assumed it was because they get whichever starlet who happens to be available to do it and they could never sing along due to not knowing how they were going to butcher it. :blush:

In case you needed another reason to dislike the Jets, the Sanchize has apparently been messing around with a 17 year old girl. While it's not illegal, it's just another instance of poor judgment from Sexy Rexy's crew of miscreants. Just google "mark sanchez 17 year old" for more info.

In case you needed another reason to dislike the Jets, the Sanchize has apparently been messing around with a 17 year old girl. While it's not illegal, it's just another instance of poor judgment from Sexy Rexy's crew of miscreants. Just google "mark sanchez 17 year old" for more info.

Deadspin is the one who broke this story. I know they've had a bunch of reports up for the past week. Haven't had a chance to read much into it yet. I know the the lawyers representing the girl threatened Deadspin with a lawsuit.

That being said, Giants fan who talk about Jets "judgments" come off across as being jealous of the success the Jets have had the last 2 years. You guys have one of you former players sitting in jail because he shot himself and 2 others who during the playoffs this year came out throwing their own coach under the bus in front of the NY media basically saying they want Rex Ryan as their coach.

Don't get me wrong, this is not the smartest of decisions from Mark Sanchez but according to Deadspin the age of consent in NJ is 16 and 17 in NY so she was legal in both states. Does it necessarily make it right? No. But it being a mutual relationship is a fact.

Edited by sahyder1
  • Like 1

Deadspin is the one who broke this story. I know they've had a bunch of reports up for the past week. Haven't had a chance to read much into it yet. I know the the lawyers representing the girl threatened Deadspin with a lawsuit.

That being said, Giants fan who talk about Jets "judgments" come off across as being jealous of the success the Jets have had the last 2 years. You guys have one of you former players sitting in jail because he shot himself and 2 others who during the playoffs this year came out throwing their own coach under the bus in front of the NY media basically saying they want Rex Ryan as their coach.

Don't get me wrong, this is not the smartest of decisions from Mark Sanchez but according to Deadspin the age of consent in NJ is 16 and 17 in NY so she was legal in both states. Does it necessarily make it right? No. But it being a mutual relationship is a fact.

Plaxico shooting himself is a moronic things I've never defended. To my knowledge, none of the Giants came out and said it was OK either. Now let's compare that to trading for Holmes after he was suspended for 4 games, Hard Knocks, Edwards getting a DUI (or was it a DWI?), "The Sal Alosi Situation", Footgate, Sanchez the Playground Predator and tell me which team makes poor judgments again?

Also, what success have the Jets had for the last 2 years? I didn't realize we celebrated losing in the conference championship with the self proclaimed "best team in the league". I'd rather win a SB title and miss the playoffs 6 times in a row than lose in the 2nd or 3rd round of the playoffs every year. I guarantee you the Bills would have preferred to beat the Giants and never make the SB again than lose 4 straight. On a final note, what player wouldn't prefer to play for a guy that lets guys eat cheeseburgers on the field during training camp and do whatever the hell they want as opposed to a dictator who has had to fight off a full fledged mutiny? No one wants to play for Coughlin, but that's because he actually enforces rules and these divas don't like that.

Edited by naiwf

Plaxico shooting himself is a moronic things I've never defended. To my knowledge, none of the Giants came out and said it was OK either. Now let's compare that to trading for Holmes after he was suspended for 4 games, Hard Knocks, Edwards getting a DUI (or was it a DWI?), "The Sal Alosi Situation", Footgate, Sanchez the Playground Predator and tell me which team makes poor judgments again?

Also, what success have the Jets had for the last 2 years? I didn't realize we celebrated losing in the conference championship with the self proclaimed "best team in the league". I'd rather win a SB title and miss the playoffs 6 times in a row than lose in the 2nd or 3rd round of the playoffs every year. I guarantee you the Bills would have preferred to beat the Giants and never make the SB again than lose 4 straight. On a final note, what player wouldn't prefer to play for a guy that lets guys eat cheeseburgers on the field during training camp and do whatever the hell they want as opposed to a dictator who has had to fight off a full fledged mutiny? No one wants to play for Coughlin, but that's because he actually enforces rules and these divas don't like that.

Giants have been bumped off as the dominating football headline in New York. While the Giants have missed the playoffs the last 2 years the Jets have gone to two straight conference championships. No, that doesn't replace the Giants Super Bowl win but in a "what have you done for me lately" city like New York it matters. I like the Giants but this non-stop talk about the Jets from their fans and certain portions of the media is pretty funny. My team could put a full buffet table on the sidelines as long as they kept winning. Sanchez and Ryan do have the team going in the right direction. No one expected back to back championship games with a rookie coach/QB combo.

The Alosi stuff was just ridiculous. Every team does something similar. The Jets just got caught. ESPN showed clips showing the Jets being victims to similar stuff.

Giants have had their share of clowns over the years. They've had guys arrested in the Coughlin era for DUIs and stuff and this is before I even begin to talk about assholes like Tiki Barber.

I have no problem with anything Rex does. He's not going out there breaking the law. I like a coach who'll talk trash as long as he's backing it up on the field. Like it or not but two championship game appearances in two years is backing it up.

Edited by sahyder1
  • Like 1

Giants have been bumped off as the dominating football headline in New York. While the Giants have missed the playoffs the last 2 years the Jets have gone to two straight conference championships. No, that doesn't replace the Giants Super Bowl win but in a "what have you done for me lately" city like New York it matters. I like the Giants but this non-stop talk about the Jets from their fans and certain portions of the media is pretty funny. My team could put a full buffet table on the sidelines as long as they kept winning. Sanchez and Ryan do have the team going in the right direction. No one expected back to back championship games with a rookie coach/QB combo.

The Alosi stuff was just ridiculous. Every team does something similar. The Jets just got caught. ESPN showed clips showing the Jets being victims to similar stuff.

Giants have had their share of clowns over the years. They've had guys arrested in the Coughlin era for DUIs and stuff and this is before I even begin to talk about assholes like Tiki Barber.

I have no problem with anything Rex does. He's not going out there breaking the law. I like a coach who'll talk trash as long as he's backing it up on the field. Like it or not but two championship game appearances in two years is backing it up.

Serious question - if the Jets and their coach can do whatever they want as long as they keep winning, then why do you hate on Big Ben? He hasn't "broken any laws" like your boy Edwards did when he blew up the breathalyzer. Just curious.