PSN Death

Nimrodic

Yours is one of the later model fats, isn't it Hammy? Mine was second hand so I have no clue how old it is.

Still, if this situation isn't a reminder to back up my saves tonight, I don't know what is, you never know what can take your beloved away :crying:

Mine is a launch 60gig.

Mine is a launch 60gb and it's borked too. Thank Christ I had already finished Heavy Rain, I'd have gone mental if I couldn't play it due to this >_>

No way, I worked for my SVR2010 platinum trophy and I ain't losing it for no one.

You won't lose it, so long as you've synced up to the PSN at some point whilst having completed the game, the trophies will be saved on your Playstation Network Account. Any trophies you acquire now, whilst everything is down, will not count.

And yeah, my PS3 is the same and I've turned it off and back on again. It wasn't displaying a 1999 date until I turned it back on though.

I can't really express how annoyed I am at the complete lack of updates Sony has released on what is going on. When your £250+ console that's been purchased by millions and millions of people starts crashing worldwide, you should be releasing updates every so often, not every 10 hours or so. Even a confirmation as to what they believe the problem is would be nice. As it stands this is just unprofessional. It's like a kid in pre-school break a vas, and just trying to hide it until he can find some super glue. Not acceptable, Sony.

Maybe they genuinely don't know how to fix it yet?

I find it hard to believe that after 10 hours or so they wouldn't even have a remote idea what's going on, considering when it seems like half the internet has figured out it's something to do with the internal clock on the PS3. I mean, this is Sony, they must have an endless stream of worker bees trying to figure out how to fix the problem.

edit: I can't say I'm much of a happy customer if it turns out their big plan for fixing it was 'wait a day and see if it goes away'.

I find it hard to believe that a company as huge and technically capable as Sony would spend this long on the problem if there wasn't more to it than we're aware of, is all I'm saying :P

I agree completely that the wait and see approach is lame as hell. The only way I can see them getting away with it is since you don't pay for the online subscription, but if people can't even play offline then there definitely should be something going on to fix it. I just don't see the point in condemning them because it's not gonna get anything done quicker.

They're no doubt looking in to it, but in the articles I've read, the "change of day" could be a solution. They obviously have to do something to make sure it doesn't happen again though.

Do you mean change the date/time? I've just done that manually, but I've heard from plenty of places it doesn't solve the problem. And eh, Kaney, I'm not expecting them to get it done any faster, but I'm sure by now they have some idea, and if they've got some kind of information I'd like to know, even if it won't help me in the slightest, it's just nice to have some kind of reason why PS3's worldwide are blowing up.

The only solution I've read that seems to actually work is taking the PS3 apart, taking out the internal clock and then putting it back in 5 minutes later. Even then though, I'm really not comfortable doing something like that.