PSN Death

Nimrodic

It's not so much that they mean something as it is that they add to the game. By offering a reward for players to continue playing or do something in particular on the game (get 1000 kills, get a different ending, etc.) it adds a little more incentive to replay the game or to go for the extra missions. If the trophies are wiped somehow, it's basically taking away the reward for all the hard work you put in and it's as if it never happened.

Saying that though, I've only ever actually 100% one game... Legends of WrestleMania. >_>

My roommate is super pissed because he was playing Heavy Rain at the time it happened. Before we read up on the fact that it was a major problem with lots of systems, he had deleted his save data for the game, thinking it was corrupted. Needless to say, profanity was used when he found out that he didn't need to do that.

I can't beleieve the reaction of people to this. I chuckled and got on with my day but was happy when it came back on and everything was fine... But there is a general very angry outburst from people about what happened, I am thinking "Woah, I understand its frustrating but is it really the end of the world that you have to restart yor games again because you were trying to be clever and deleted your save files as you thought that would fix it?" I mean you are getting more value for money out of the game as you have to play those hours again:P

People nowadays really are a bunch of twats and expect too much.

HOLY MOTHER OF PORK ROAST

VERY LITTLE OF THAT MAN FITS ON CAMERA

Why do these people feel the need to plaster their face on youtube. It's guys like this that give gamers a bad name. I'm a pretty avid gamer, but I'm not massively obese with bad skin. Damn stereotypes!

I haven't checked mine yet, but I'm pretty sure all my Hevey Rain Trophies will be gone, because I never signed in once since I got it, because I'd be slowing down or internet for no good reason. Sigh, I'll get them on my 2nd run throgh.

It was me. I broke all of your video games.

*Plays Sega Megadrive*

But except Super Nintendo. I've had less problems with this SNES than I've had with any modern (2000 onward) console ever. Gorsh bless you, Nintendo.

Of all the consoles I've owned, the only ones that never gave me any problems were my Genesis and my Gamecube. Well, my Wii and PS3 haven't had any problems yet, but the PS3 is barely two months old and the Wii doesn't exactly get a ton of play.

Outside of blowing on cartridges, I've never had a problem with a Super Nintendo or a N64. I've had a Genesis that required a lot of finesse to get the games to work. All of my other systems have had problems.

I have to give it a good blowing to clear the dust, but my NES and all the games still work perfectly

Compared to my 360..which has been sent in for repairs 2 times and I eventually traded in for a new one...

• Like 1

My PS2 died after about 5 years but I took it apart and got it working again and used to have to open it and clean it every year to keep it working for another 3 years.

PS1 was fine. PS3 YLOD'd after a couple of years but I learnt how to take it apar and I can use it pretty heavily for a few months and then need to take it apart again. Dunno how many times I can do that though, but the new consoles are cheap over here now.

Those are the only consoles I've owned (except PSP - traded in 1000 for 2000 which was fine until a wooden door fell onto it and cracked the screen, and a DS which I traded away a few months after buying it cos the games sucked so didn't have time or it to break).

My Amiga 1200 still works beautifully. I also got given a CD32 as a leaving gift from a workmate as I left for Japan but it won't work on Japanese TV. Boo shame.