L.A. Noire

Gene Kiniski

The chandelier on The Quarter Moon Murders can suck a pile of 1940s Irish cop stereotype penis.

That was the easiest part of that mission.

Ugh that's lame, I know who did it, why even waste time speaking to the other guy.

You have to follow up on all your leads. Actually

That one seems to be designed where either man can be guilty. Though if you fuck up enough it does end with Hugo fleeing the police station. But the evidence can charge either man, as the bloody coveralls could be from either, while the tire iron is tied to Hugo and the rope is tied to the pedo. Plus it seems like the captain wants you to charge the kiddie diddler.

Does almost EVERY case have to end in every suspect being sodding massacred with gun shots, or am I just playing this wrong?

As shown in the tutorial, if you point your gun at them long enough they might/will (?) give up. Thats just way harder to acomplish than just blowing their brains out.

I am a bit sad that 4 of the 21 cases are Tutorial missions that are not even half of what a real case is in the rest of the game. i hope very long cases in the end will make up for that.

Ah, I never got to that part of the tutorial, I just shot him :shifty:

The chandelier on The Quarter Moon Murders can suck a pile of 1940s Irish cop stereotype penis.

That was the easiest part of that mission.

I realised I was doing it wrong >_>

I love the newspaper side story.

Also...

In 'The Golden Butterf;y' first I mark out seeing Parkman in the game, then I try and charge him, Captain tells me off. Quit, reload, charge Eli, and despite all the evidence pointing at Parkman, I get a pat on the back from the Captain for putting away a Pedophile.

I freaking love this game. It not only embraces how corrupt the LAPD used to be, it shows you good damn reasons for being just as corrupt :D

Does almost EVERY case have to end in every suspect being sodding massacred with gun shots, or am I just playing this wrong?

As shown in the tutorial, if you point your gun at them long enough they might/will (?) give up. Thats just way harder to acomplish than just blowing their brains out.

Ah, I never got to that part of the tutorial, I just shot him :shifty:

You clearly need some anger managment. Sing this. The world will be saver afterwards.

I hope there will be one case were it is just a big long interview to clear anything.

Just made it to Disc 2 with The Golden Butterfly. Managed to get 3-4 achievements from the previous case by getting all the clues, getting a 5 star rating, and linking all the questions together or something like that. Golden Butterfly should be fun judging how people are talking about it <_<

Wish I had a larger hard drive, so that I wouldnt need to install, play, uninstall, install, play, etc when I switch discs

Okay, I'm nearing the ending and...

Kelso is way better than Cole. I've done a complete 180 on my opinions of both men, but neither has actually changed in attitude. Good writing.

EDIT: Also, even more reason for the above:

Bwahahaha. Jack's opening Offer" in "A Polite Invitation" too too damned funny.

FINAL CASE SPOILER! Do NOT click if you don't want the game spoiled for you.

Eurgh. [url=

http://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23lanoire]The final criminal motive was obvious (I've EXTRA spoilered this for those who might not have found it obvious and still want to keep it secret)...

...from the very first traffic case when you see the 'new highway' plans. I was hoping I'd be wrong. Highway development for property. What a shockingly original motive(!)

Still, at least the character arcs were great, even if the final twist was awful and predictable.

Fuck 'Quarter Moon Murderers'...

The first clue was given to you, no problem. The second took a bit of reading. The third I found by accident...but the forth? It sounds like it's talking about a museum, but I haven't found one yet!

Edit: Just finished the mission

Man, I did NOT enjoy this mission at all. I figured out all the clues except the tar pits (didn't find it before) and the movie set

This game NEEDS a save option. Anyway, annoyed slightly with the 'Fallen Idol' case:

Failing tracking the actress (I've screwed up the cafe section twice) shouldn't fail the entire case when I have all my other evidence to be working on...it strikes me a little of the developers going 'Fuck you, you're playing OUR story,' rather than letting the player play the game; and it seems a little forced/

Still, those are the only gripes so far, this is on the whole, brilliant. So far.

Also, do you get a chance to just drive around town WITHOUT your partner being with you?

This game NEEDS a save option. Anyway, annoyed slightly with the 'Fallen Idol' case:

Failing tracking the actress (I've screwed up the cafe section twice) shouldn't fail the entire case when I have all my other evidence to be working on...it strikes me a little of the developers going 'Fuck you, you're playing OUR story,' rather than letting the player play the game; and it seems a little forced/

I never had that happen to me, i think i screewed up twice in that aswell.

Still, those are the only gripes so far, this is on the whole, brilliant. So far.

Also, do you get a chance to just drive around town WITHOUT your partner being with you?

Yeah, get out of the car, run away, get in another and speed off.

If you go to the cases menu on the main menu, then go to the traffic desk, there is an option there to do free roam. I am not sure if you have your partner around for that, though, since I have yet to try it out. This way you don't have to worry about the main story being there to play.

LOL! Okay will do that :)

Finally managed to enter a cafe without giving myself away...it was alarmingly easy. Don't know how I managed to fuck that up.

EDIT - The 'lol' was at Maxx, clearly. Thanks gentlemen :)