UFC News and Discussion Thread

Franca d. Fisher in Round Two via Ref Stoppage by Strikes

I was gonna save the Lister/Marquardt results... but I'll spoiler it because really, well if you read you'll see.

Marquardt d. Lister by Decision (30-25, 30-25, 30-27). Domination. As I suspected. Nate is just good all around and after beating Ivan way back when was rumored to challenge Rich, but dunno what happened. Lister should be better, but he just needs to learn how to strike or ground and pound or something.

Guest Takayamanofear

I find it interesting that the UFC describes Heath as having one punch knockout power for knocking out Nako

He also is coming down to music that was on Raw Vs Smackdown 07.

Edited by Takayamanofear

Heath is hardly known for KO power in his punches, his real power is in roundhouse kicks and knees (mostly on the ground, which sadly we won't see). He's not a seasoned kickboxer like a Mirko Cro Cop by any means, but he has been trained by some of the finest in Holland.

Edited by Enter Blue Guy

Guest Takayamanofear

I don't think Heath feels comfortable in the cage. All his escape stuff, that he tries really does not have the room for that he had in the ring.

Also it seems Rogan has never seen Heath fight, Heath often gives up his back. I am not sure but I think thats how he got his nickname.

Edited by Takayamanofear

Guest Takayamanofear

Honestly Biggz I never seen Heath really try to stand so much. When I watched them in PRIDE he was a ground and pound with some submissions that would try to use knees and elbows. I always thought his stand up was considered his weakness in Pride.

I think Heath Herring needs a new nick name. In an homage to that awful entrance music and in line with his performance tonight, I think he should forever be known as "The Lame Train".

In Herring's defense, that should have been stood up a couple of times. O'Brien wasn't really doing much to advance his position, he just kind of layed on top of him like a homosexual. The only submission attempts were handed to him; he didn't ever work to pass the guards, he didn't work for arm bars or really strike on the ground, he was content to just sit there and score points.

But that is pretty much Herring's only defense, since he wasn't mounting any at all.

Also, Randy for champ.