UFC News and Discussion Thread

Wouldn't the other HOF'ers be there as well then? Such as Coleman, Severn and Shamrock?

EDIT: With the purchase, I'm assuming with this "business as usual" that Dana repeated like 50 times, EA still have their contract with Strikeforce.. otherwise that sucks for them.

If the contract is with Strikeforce, it is now with Zuffa, if the contract is with Showtime & Strikeforce or just Showtime then it will not be owned fully by Zuffa. This is why Strikeforce isn't being folded immediately, all of the contracts that are in place involving Showtime.

At the minute? Since EA Sports MMA has Strikeforce as a brand and isn't actually the Strikeforce video game it would likely mean not much until the standard Strikeforce/Showtime contracts being to be end and be renegotiated as Zuffa contracts. At the minute all fighters in EA Sports MMA all sign deals as individuals, independent from Strikeforce, however there is no doubt in my mind that they will now be dissuaded from signing or unable to sign with EA for further games as part of future Zuffa deals. So if there was to be a new EA sports game out in the near future it wouldn't be too much of an issue, but given its going to be a year or more until the next installment its unlikely in my opinion too many will put their name to the game if they want to fight for the UFC given Dana et al's disdain for EA MMA and what has been said in the past.

Some notes on the conference to officially announce the Strikeforce deal according to the Observer: They will keep the six-sided cage for Strikeforce, elbows on the ground are now legal, the contract with Showtime runs through 2014, and they said the heavyweight tournament finales have a good chance of airing on PPV.

Some notes on the conference to officially announce the Strikeforce deal according to the Observer: They will keep the six-sided cage for Strikeforce, elbows on the ground are now legal, the contract with Showtime runs through 2014, and they said the heavyweight tournament finales have a good chance of airing on PPV.

Ouch. What happened to Feb/March 2012, or is that just for the majority of the new deals signed (Melendez, Diaz, etc.)?

That is just what Lorenzo/Coker said in the interview, the other was put out there after people talked about when the deal was signed and how long it was for then, people are now speculating that the deal has been extended somewhere along the line.

And in more rematch news, BJ Penn and Jon Fitch will meet again at the July 2nd PPV.

Evan Dunham and George Sotiropolous will also meet on that in a fight that probably would've taken place if both won the last fights they had and probably woul've determined the next challenge, but I can't see the winner of this getting a title shot now.

Guest mr. potato head

Nah, there's no way Dunham/Sotiropolous is for a title shot. Most likely the winner is the guy they still try to push, maybe their next fight is for a title shot.

Nah, there's no way Dunham/Sotiropolous is for a title shot. Most likely the winner is the guy they still try to push, maybe their next fight is for a title shot.

If Dunham wins I could see them matching him up with Dennis Siver if wins in his fight against Matt Wiman to determine the next challenger for the title after Pettis or Guida challenges. Thing is, if Sotiropolous wins and Siver also wins, I can't see them wanting to do a rematch, so not sure where they would go if that scenario happens. Now if Wiman wins, I guess they could put him in there with the winner of Dunham/Sotiropolous too.

Hardly got any sleep last night so wont catch the show till the morning, seriously pumped for Jones/Rua. Every part of me wants Jones to run straight through Rua, but I felt the same way for the Machida/Rua fight and we all know how that ended. Predictions? I fancy Jones via TKO in the second round.