UFC News and Discussion Thread

Throat strikes of any kind including grabbing the trachea are illegal.

But Big Ben was more chin hunting than anything, and Schaub was already out from punches that hit his chin. Wouldn't really be a foul in my view.

Throat strikes of any kind including grabbing the trachea are illegal.

But Big Ben was more chin hunting than anything, and Schaub was already out from punches that hit his chin. Wouldn't really be a foul in my view.

He hit him there like 4-5 times. Every single punch when he was down looked to be at he throat. Not that I care, I just thought it looked bad.

Hatsu Hioki is good, no doubt about that, but nobody knows who he is in the UFC. And since Chang-Sung and Poirer is a title eliminator bout, I think you have your answer right there. He is hoping Jung wins because he is awesome. Even though he has thrown the "Korean Zombie" nickname, something the UFC apparently hasn't picked up on.

Featherweight is short of contenders. Best feed someone to Aldo while they build up other fighters. Probably why they are so desperate for Frankie Edgar to drop down.

He's the highest ranked guy not booked and it gives Aldo someone to murder in Brazil.

Ah, that wonderful Brazilian metropolis that is Calgary.

The Samba capital of North America.

But isn't Chang Sung-Jung vs. Dustin Poirer a Featherweight title eliminator fight? Why does Erik Koch suddenly get a shot? This is mostly because I want to see Jung as champion because Jung is awesome; it is not because I hate Erik Koch.

Guest mr. potato head

But isn't Chang Sung-Jung vs. Dustin Poirer a Featherweight title eliminator fight? Why does Erik Koch suddenly get a shot? This is mostly because I want to see Jung as champion because Jung is awesome; it is not because I hate Erik Koch.

Because the Zombie/Poirier winner likely won't be ready for July.

Because the Zombie/Poirier winner likely won't be ready for July.

Stranger things have happened. :/

I think Korean Zombie is lucky to be in a title eliminator fight allready... seeing as he's 3-3 in his last 6 matches with losses to George Roop and Leonard Garcia. Fortunately his last two fights were very good. I'd still rank Koch higher then him though.