The first game you ever played

METALMAN

A few games on the Atari 2600.

I vaguely remember Spy Hunter, Karateka, Pitfall 2, and Adventure.

My biggest complaint about Karateka is THAT GODDAMNED BIRD THAT SHOWS UP AND FUCKS YOUR SHIT UP :angry:.

Other than that, I also remember my brother bringing home Legend of Zelda for the first time. I thought it was awesome. :shifty:

I can't recall if I played my neighbours' consoles before I got mine (they had Sega Master Systems with Sonic and Alex Kidd), but my first game was Duck Hunt/Super Mario Bros. for the NES. WITH the orange/grey Nintendo Zapper made sexy by Captain Nintendo.

I had to ditch my NES a few years back (the cart cradle was fucked and wouldn't hold a game in the correct position anymore for more than an hour). I kept the cartridge though, as a memento. It's Duck Hunt/Super Mario Bros. on the same cart which came with the console. Pretty sure we played Duck Hunt first as a family.

I still bust out my SNES every now and then. I still have cool games for it. All the DK games, Super Mario World, Mario Kart, Mario Paint (with working mouse and mat!), Super Bomberman 2 and shitloads more. I still play any Game Boy games on my Super Game Biy (which plugs into the SNES and comes up on the TV screen). My N64 still sees some action once in a while. I'll get the urge to play Pokémon Snap, or Turok, or the Zelda games. FIFA 64 found it's way to the bin recently. Despised that game. Still have No Mercy and WrestleMania 2000 for the N64.

I can't wait to have my own place to I can set all my consoles up on one monster entertainment system. Xbox 360, Wii, N64, SNES. Nothing else required.

My Sega Mega Drive would be there, but I gave it to my niece (with shitloads of games) and she got a PS1 that year and THREW OUT the Mega Drive and all the games without telling me. I was livid. I'm still not over it, I would have GLADLY taken it back. Had to buy the Sega Mega Collection for my Gamecube to make up for all my lost Sonic games (which now plays on my Wii). I'll always miss Gunstar Heroes, Alien Storm, Streets of Rage, Golden Axe, Mega Bomberman (WITH THE KANGAROOS :D), etc.

Maybe one day I'll buy another Mega Drive.

(sorry if I rambled during this post, I kind of lost track of the road)

I imagine the first game I played was SOMETHING on the Atari, as I vaguely remember an uncle having one really far back in the day. This would likely have been Pac-Man or something like that.

I vividly remember when my dad buying us an NES. Somehow, I found out that the Nintendo cost $100, which was an unfathomable amount of money back then. We were eating dinner and my dad pulled out a $100 bill. I flipped out because I knew this meant I was getting Nintendo somehow. He brought back the Nintendo with Mario Bros. and Duck Hunt and years of nerd-dom was born. Niiiiiiiiice.

I think everyone who had a NES would've had the Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt cartridge...

I also remember the other game on there where you shoot off the Mexicans Sombreros.

We also ended up getting one of those 360+ games in 1 Cartridges

that had all the classics and about 30 versions of the original Super Mario Brothers.

One of the first ones I remember, and still love to this day is Sonic 2 on the Mega Drive. I played it over my cousin's house (he's two years older, his sister is older again), and I could never get past the Chemical Zone back then, unless with a cheat.

Pretty sure I've played earlier games though as we had a spectrum, but they're all nameless except for a Batman game that was hard. I remember one of them had this weird isometric view and featured a space ship on uneven ground. I remember playing a game that was essentially the same thing over a friends house a couple of years later on the SNES.

We also had an Amiga and remember playing Super Frog, Putty(?), Flashback, Manchester United in Europe, Football Glory, Oscar (similar to Sonic but in Movie Land), Road Rash, Roadkill (so much that yellow chips looked pink), Skidmarks, the game of the film Dennis, Stunt Car Racer and playing Rodlands co-op with my mum.

Edited by TheModernWay