The first game you ever played

METALMAN

Wow, there are some youngsters on this board :o

I can't remember exactly, but I think it would have been on the "Woody" Atari, something along the lines of Keystone Cops or Space Invaders, not long after that... Microprose GP on the Amiga

Short of silly little educational games I played on my mum's old 'laptop' (Windows 3.0, brown/orange screen, weighed 10kg), which I can't remember much of anyway... It was Sonic 2, on the Mega Drive.

I never got bought/exposed to any computer games prior to that, but then being 7 years old (in 1992), it wasn't that late really.

EDIT: Memory-flash. At some point we had a BBC computer with cassette games such as a Mr. Men one etc. No idea exactly when though, and it wasn't around for long so maybe we were borrowing it from someone?

As for the games on my mum's old laptop, I vaguely remember one of them involved a mole, with different-sized molehills (numbered 1-5?), and also one with a little train going around train tracks for a purpose I can no longer recall. Damn my ultra-patchy memory.

I don't know exactly but I can imagine it was either Street Fighter II on SNES, Asteroids on Atari 7800 or technically something on Commodore 64 like Skool Daze even though I probably didn't get very far.

Either Alex The Kidd or one of the first Sonic games, one of those would be the first I played, but the first I ever 'owned' was the Jurassic Park game on the Mega Drive, where you play as Grant or the Raptor.

Either Alex The Kidd or one of the first Sonic games, one of those would be the first I played, but the first I ever 'owned' was the Jurassic Park game on the Mega Drive, where you play as Grant or the Raptor.

Alex KIDD. ALEX KIDD. There's no THE. :@

As for me...something on the C64. I think it was this kind of space-based Frogger rip-off, that's the earliest I can remember.

Apparently my first game must have been Super Mario Bros. 3 because my parents have told me that when I was 3, I beat it. Didn't just play it, I apparently beat it. Though before that I'd just press buttons on the original Super Mario Bros. as a baby and stare at the screen while Mario jumped. Not really "playing" the game per se, but I mean hey, I was basically brought up on the console.

Still have my original NES with nearly 100 games too, I just wish the bloody thing was still working. I had the old front-loader original as well as the newer top-loading NES Model 2. By and large it's my upbringing on Nintendo that has made me a Nintendo diehard for life. No matter how much wrong they may do from time to time, I'm just not going to abandon them. I'll support Sony, because after Nintendo my very next console was a PSX, but Nintendo will always be #1 for me.

Coincidentally, very first game for the PSX was Tony Hawk's Pro Skater. Between the NES and the PSX, I didn't have any other consoles and just played on my friends' consoles since I visited so often. I played THPS nonstop back then, thinking how amazing and lifelike the graphics were.

Oh my, seeing DMN's post makes me want to cry that I sold my PS1 to my cousin.

Also, first game had to either be Wolfenstein, some really old soccer game back when you could only play as a national team, or some Simpsons game where you used Bart and skated all over the place.

The very first "video game" (so not educational....or chess <_<) would have been a boxing game on the SNES at my cousins house. I would have only been 3 or 4 at the time. I do remember watching someone play Super Mario Bros. and someone else playing Doom but I didnt play them.

First console I owned was N64 with Banjo-Twooie. It took a while for my parents to get me a video game anything really.

Probably a random Mr. Men educational game on an ye OLD computer we had briefly when I was small.

As for first proper game, I'd have been 11 when my parents brought me a Playstation for Christmas, with the games Tekken and Formula 1, so I'd have been one of those.

Alex Kidd in Miracle World on the Sega Master System

+1

What an immense game it was too.

THPS was the shit. The memories of big ass christ airs with Rune Glifberg in the school (still the best damn level ever) brings a tear to my eye.

The School was THPS2 I think. I remember it being the only level anyone ever played. With the awesome swimming pool you had to do a shitload of tricks to open and drain.