Red Dead Redemption

King Ellis

So I got the genius idea to just go into the city and see if they still had copies and yes, they had one, albeit more expensive than online but whatever. So I bought it and canceled my online order. Not far into the game yet but it's been lovely, just a great lively world. :blush: I imagine it's also great with other people.

While doing some hideouts alone on a public server to pick up some XP and levels - I found myself trying to hunt down a posse of guys who were trying to all get Public Enemy in one of the Mexican towns. It wasn't anything that had any real amount of an award to it, and it was frustrating trying to do it by myself.. but then some other guys joined in and we instantly had the same idea, so it turned into a fun session.

Best thing is, no one discussed these plans and everyone knew what was happening. Those that didn't have Public Enemy and a bounty on their heads were protecting the ones who did, etc.

I just finished the game so I figure I'll give some of my thoughts:

You finished it already? Whoah.

I'm like, 5% into the story...I blame EWBers on Free Roam :@

I'm about 80% complete and I'm level 18 in multiplayer, but also I have no life :shifty:

First weekend after finals and I was looking forward to logging some serious hours with this, but my roommate left to go home for the weekend and inexplicably took the power cord for the TV with him....what a douche.

While doing some hideouts alone on a public server to pick up some XP and levels - I found myself trying to hunt down a posse of guys who were trying to all get Public Enemy in one of the Mexican towns. It wasn't anything that had any real amount of an award to it, and it was frustrating trying to do it by myself.. but then some other guys joined in and we instantly had the same idea, so it turned into a fun session.

Best thing is, no one discussed these plans and everyone knew what was happening. Those that didn't have Public Enemy and a bounty on their heads were protecting the ones who did, etc.

We had a couple of guys trying to stop us from getting our public enemy yesterday. Myself, LL, Ellis, Kulex, and Dan were up in one of the Mexican forts and they kept attacking us, causing us to start over trying to get the achievement. Some of us were withing a minute or two of getting to ten minutes before they would kill us. We all eventually got it, but damn them!

We had a couple of guys trying to stop us from getting our public enemy yesterday. Myself, LL, Ellis, Kulex, and Dan were up in one of the Mexican forts and they kept attacking us, causing us to start over trying to get the achievement. Some of us were withing a minute or two of getting to ten minutes before they would kill us. We all eventually got it, but damn them!

That's why I normally stick to private match

So this guy was randomly shooting all over and hit my horse. I calmly took out my rifle and shot him. How is that not legal? :angry:

Yeah, I've been annoyed by stuff like this. A guy was about to rape a women, so I shot him and suddenly I'm a wanted man!?

When I did that nobody complained.

The shooting the rapist, not the rape :shifty:

You have to do it in a public match to get the achievement.

Oh and Ellis getting to ten minutes, then not having a horse to escape and dying was the highlight of the fort.

Edited by Version Dan

I just finished the game so I figure I'll give some of my thoughts:

You finished it already? Whoah.

I'm like, 5% into the story...I blame EWBers on Free Roam :@

I wanted to finish it before UFC 2010 comes out on Tuesday so I really grinded some nights. I think I played maybe six hours last night to finish it. My final playtime was just over 15 hours.

Edited by wolves

Me, Benji and Clawson ended up playing in the end. I don't know whether we were just unlucky in terms of match-making, but we were never on the same side (as in, all 3 of us) in a game, despite all being in a posse together.

Is there any way to jump into a game together that already has people ready to play too? The only time I jumped into a new game with Benji led to no-one joining it. I'm not the brightest when it comes to online gaming but shit, some of it seems overly complicated.