EWR 2010 Stats Update: May

-Raise Dave Prazak's speed to 20. He has done a moonsault before.

-Raise Jay Briscoe's charisma to 65 and Mark Briscoe's charisma to 63.

-Raise Chance Prophet's charisma to 68.

-Rename Bilvis Wesley to Bill Wiles. Raise his attitude and behavior to 100.

-Raise Bobby Eaton's attitude and behavior to 100. He is known as being one of the kindest guys in wrestling.

Edited by KrisClassic

Change Bobby Dempseys ROH gimmick to BFG

Change Andy Ridge's ROH gimmick to Martial Arts

Change Alex Payne's ROH gimmick to Old School Face

Change Erick Stevens ROH gimmick to Hired Gun

Change Necro Butchers ROH gimmick to Hired Gun

Change Harlem Bravado's ROH gimmick to Old School Face

Change Lance Bravado's ROH gimmick to Old School Face

Make Jon Davies and Kory Chavis tweeners in ROH

Change Kenny Omega's ROH gimmick to Highlight Reel

Change Mike Sydal's ROH gimmick to Daredevil

Remove Sonjay Dutt from ROH

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Raymond Rougeau as an announcer makes a ton of sense to me, maybe about a 55 for talent (strong in French, less so in English). Could go either way on Jacques as a wrestler or an owner, but if you go wrestler, Raymond is a good base for stats.

Guest The Phenomenal Red

OK, just a few quick notes while I am in the middle of updating...

I've been going through the staff this month and am noticing that there are a lot of potential "owners" in the game that might better fit in as a production worker, Road Agent, etc. Mostnotably, the conglomerate of people selected to run WCW in the 80's and 90's before Eric Bischoff took over (Jim Herd, Brad Siegel, Bill Watts, I'm sure there are more, but those are the ones that come to mind).

While looking through and doing a bit of research, I noticed that one of the Rougeau brothers (Jacques) is currently an owner, while the other (Raymond) is still a worker. After researching the two of them, however, I noticed that jacques is the one who actually does still get in the ring from time to time, where Raymond seems to be completely done with in the ring competition.

So, here's the question I have, assuming nobody finds that my research is incomplete (which is possible):

Should we swap the two, so that Jacques is the worker, while Raymond is the staff member? I haven't read anywhere that Raymond actually owns (or owned) a promotion, but I do know that he did commentary, so perhaps making him an announcer would suffice. If we move Jacques to a worker, what stats would need altered, as I would likley just use the same file currently used by Raymond, just modifying it for Jacques. From my recollection of them, they were pretty similar in the ring, perhaps Jacques would be a bit more over, as he did have a singles run with the Mountie gimmick, whereas I don't think Ray ever had a singles run.

OR

Should we delete Raymond from the workers section (unless again, someone finds out that he still does wrestle) and add him to staff, again as an announcer? I haven't found any concrete evidence that Jacques actually owns a promotion on his own, but I have read that he has a wrestling school and does promote, so perhaps making him a trainer, while leaving booker checked would make this a bit more realistic.

Oman Tortuga should be Mexican, not American, according to Online World of Wrestling

His myspace says Albany, NY: http://www.myspace.com/omantortuga

However, that could be where he lives now, or perhaps he is billed from Mexico, so OWW used that? Not 100% sure either way... If we can find a sure-fire answer, please let me know.

As I stated before, the June update will most lilley be out sometime Sunday afternoon, probably before 5 PM EST. There most likley WILL NOT BE A JULY UPDATE, as I'm scheduled to have surgery in the middle of the month. Still, I'd like to trat the next update's thread just like we always do, just expect it to go on for two months, as opposed to one. I fully intend to pick up from that thread and prepare for the August update. There is a chance July could be released, but if it is, I honestly wouldn't expect many changes, which is the reason I'm planning to hold off until August... There just won't be enough changes made to warrant an update. But, we'll see.

With that in mind, expect there to be discussion started on the removal of workers. I'm planning to go through my current list and start picking workers off of that list who I can't find anything for. It'll lilley start with a modest amount of names (10-15, 20 max) and most likely, a separate thread will be created to try to find info on JUST THOSE WORKERS. If we can't find anything, they'll likely be deleted by the time August's update hits. Again, I plan to start with workers that I can find absolutely nothing on. We'll take things as we go from that point.

Finally, as I have been adjusting gimmicks for some workers, so that, at the start of the game, there isn't a note that wrestler X's gimmic is "not working," "killing heat," etc, I started wondering if we shouldn't adjust other items so that you basically start the game on a "clean slate." What I mean, for example is, when you start a game using Shimmer, Sophie tells you to "increase production values to 50% as soon as possible." To prevent this, should we set the data so that Shimmer's production values are at 50% from the start? I'm sure other promotions would need some adjusting as well, so thoughts on this are welcome. I'm not talking about adding staff, assigning a trainer to a school, etc to satisfy those remarks... Just basically the itmes such as production values that probably should be acceptable from day one. Again, just a thought I had, to make the updates a bit more playable right off the bat.

-Bill

I think Bill Watts should remain as an owner and IF he is to be changed put him as a writer, not production. He did write for the WWF in the mid 1990's until The Kliq put the mouth on him. But he DID own Mid-South/UWF in the 1980's.

In Japan news:

Rename King V to Big Daddy Voodoo. He is now working for All Japan as a member of TARU's Voodoo Murders.

Add Rene Dupree to All Japan as he too is now a member of the Voodoo Murders.

Add Taichi Ishikawa to CMLL as an upper midcard heel with an evil foreigner gimmick. He should also be renamed to Taichi as that is the name he is going by in CMLL.

Add Hiroshi Tanihashi to CMLL as a main event heel with an evil foreigner gimmick.

Yujiro and Testuya Naito are back in CMLL as an upper midcard heel along with Taichi and (Shiego) Okumura.

Add Giant Bernard to CMLL. He is working there as a part of the Japanese invaders. Rename him Gigante Bernard.

Edited by The Phenomenal Red

Guest The Phenomenal Red

- Make Jimmy & Jules Uso's finishers the Samoan Spike & the Superfly Splash.

- Make Sarona Snuka's finisher the Superfly Splash.

Already mentioned. PLEASE read older posts in the future.

Make Jimmy Uso, Jules Uso & Tamina's primary finisher Superfly Splash which is a top rope move. Make Jimmy Uso's secondary the Togan Death Grip which could be a submission move. I also think their overness should be 38 making them roughly openers in the current WWE.

• Like 1

OK, just a few quick notes while I am in the middle of updating...

I've been going through the staff this month and am noticing that there are a lot of potential "owners" in the game that might better fit in as a production worker, Road Agent, etc. Mostnotably, the conglomerate of people selected to run WCW in the 80's and 90's before Eric Bischoff took over (Jim Herd, Brad Siegel, Bill Watts, I'm sure there are more, but those are the ones that come to mind).

While looking through and doing a bit of research, I noticed that one of the Rougeau brothers (Jacques) is currently an owner, while the other (Raymond) is still a worker. After researching the two of them, however, I noticed that jacques is the one who actually does still get in the ring from time to time, where Raymond seems to be completely done with in the ring competition.

So, here's the question I have, assuming nobody finds that my research is incomplete (which is possible):

Should we swap the two, so that Jacques is the worker, while Raymond is the staff member? I haven't read anywhere that Raymond actually owns (or owned) a promotion, but I do know that he did commentary, so perhaps making him an announcer would suffice. If we move Jacques to a worker, what stats would need altered, as I would likley just use the same file currently used by Raymond, just modifying it for Jacques. From my recollection of them, they were pretty similar in the ring, perhaps Jacques would be a bit more over, as he did have a singles run with the Mountie gimmick, whereas I don't think Ray ever had a singles run.

OR

Should we delete Raymond from the workers section (unless again, someone finds out that he still does wrestle) and add him to staff, again as an announcer? I haven't found any concrete evidence that Jacques actually owns a promotion on his own, but I have read that he has a wrestling school and does promote, so perhaps making him a trainer, while leaving booker checked would make this a bit more realistic.

Oman Tortuga should be Mexican, not American, according to Online World of Wrestling

His myspace says Albany, NY: http://www.myspace.com/omantortuga

However, that could be where he lives now, or perhaps he is billed from Mexico, so OWW used that? Not 100% sure either way... If we can find a sure-fire answer, please let me know.

As I stated before, the June update will most lilley be out sometime Sunday afternoon, probably before 5 PM EST. There most likley WILL NOT BE A JULY UPDATE, as I'm scheduled to have surgery in the middle of the month. Still, I'd like to trat the next update's thread just like we always do, just expect it to go on for two months, as opposed to one. I fully intend to pick up from that thread and prepare for the August update. There is a chance July could be released, but if it is, I honestly wouldn't expect many changes, which is the reason I'm planning to hold off until August... There just won't be enough changes made to warrant an update. But, we'll see.

With that in mind, expect there to be discussion started on the removal of workers. I'm planning to go through my current list and start picking workers off of that list who I can't find anything for. It'll lilley start with a modest amount of names (10-15, 20 max) and most likely, a separate thread will be created to try to find info on JUST THOSE WORKERS. If we can't find anything, they'll likely be deleted by the time August's update hits. Again, I plan to start with workers that I can find absolutely nothing on. We'll take things as we go from that point.

Finally, as I have been adjusting gimmicks for some workers, so that, at the start of the game, there isn't a note that wrestler X's gimmic is "not working," "killing heat," etc, I started wondering if we shouldn't adjust other items so that you basically start the game on a "clean slate." What I mean, for example is, when you start a game using Shimmer, Sophie tells you to "increase production values to 50% as soon as possible." To prevent this, should we set the data so that Shimmer's production values are at 50% from the start? I'm sure other promotions would need some adjusting as well, so thoughts on this are welcome. I'm not talking about adding staff, assigning a trainer to a school, etc to satisfy those remarks... Just basically the itmes such as production values that probably should be acceptable from day one. Again, just a thought I had, to make the updates a bit more playable right off the bat.

-Bill

I think Bill Watts should remain as an owner and IF he is to be changed put him as a writer, not production. He did write for the WWF in the mid 1990's until The Kliq put the mouth on him. But he DID own Mid-South/UWF in the 1980's.

In Japan news:

Rename King V to Big Daddy Voodoo. He is now working for All Japan as a member of TARU's Voodoo Murders.

Add Taichi Ishikawa to CMLL as an upper midcard heel with an evil foreigner gimmick. He should also be renamed to Taichi as that is the name he is going by in CMLL.

Add Hiroshi Tanihashi to CMLL as a main event heel with an evil foreigner gimmick.

Yujiro and Testuya Naito are back in CMLL as an upper midcard heel along with Taichi and (Shiego) Okumura.

Add Giant Bernard to CMLL. He is working there as a part of the Japanese invaders. Rename him Gigante Bernard.

Is he not still working as Giant Bernard in NJPW? If so leave his name as Giant Bernard and give him the alter ego Gigante Bernard

Guest The Phenomenal Red

In Japan news:

Is he not still working as Giant Bernard in NJPW? If so leave his name as Giant Bernard and give him the alter ego Gigante Bernard

Yes but if he is working in CMLL shouldn't he be under his CMLL name as that is playable and New Japan isn't in EWR 4.2 Note: remove Baldo Train and Hip Hop Hippo as alter egos, I don't recall him actually working under those names

Also rename Shigeo Okumura to Okumura and add Bruiser Okumura as an alter ego. He has gone by the Okumura name for some time in CMLL.

Rename Tetsuya Naito to Naito, he has used that in both TNA and currently CMLL.

yes he "quit" but like HBK, he is still under WWE contract so couldn't go somewhere else. only change could be to Non-wrestler but that shouldn't even be definite yet with Batista.

Batista's contract runs out at the end of the month. Why would we keep him under WWE like Shawn Michaels? Batista has no interest in wrestling for a different promotion right now, so the best thing to do is make him a free agent and a non-wrestler.

Raymond Rougeau as an announcer makes a ton of sense to me, maybe about a 55 for talent (strong in French, less so in English). Could go either way on Jacques as a wrestler or an owner, but if you go wrestler, Raymond is a good base for stats.

I disagree with the logic behind his talent being less strong in English. His stat should be based only on his dominant language (as long as it is one of the three official languages used in North America), it shouldn't matter with regards to any other language that he may speak. Otherwise, you need to take into consideration all announcers' ability in all three languages. We don't drop The Rock's charisma because he's not fluent in French and Spanish.(That's speculation only; I really have no idea if The Rock speaks those languages or not. I'm just assuming he doesn't.) I'm in no position to suggest a better stat since I don't know French myself and have never heard him announce. However, I do think that secondary languages should not be taken into consideration on an English speaking bias.

• Like 2

I disagree with the logic behind his talent being less strong in English. His stat should be based only on his dominant language (as long as it is one of the three official languages used in North America), it shouldn't matter with regards to any other language that he may speak. Otherwise, you need to take into consideration all announcers' ability in all three languages. We don't drop The Rock's charisma because he's not fluent in French and Spanish.(That's speculation only; I really have no idea if The Rock speaks those languages or not. I'm just assuming he doesn't.) I'm in no position to suggest a better stat since I don't know French myself and have never heard him announce. However, I do think that secondary languages should not be taken into consideration on an English speaking bias.

However in the case of a Spanish commentator being signed by WWE who speaks some English and is asked to announce in English, he is likely to do a worse job than if it were in Spanish, as it is much easier to do so in a language which you are fluent in. Which is why it is difficult to judge announcing skill as Spanish and French announcers would only be good in companies which require Spanush and French announcing. I hope what I said makes sense :S. It sounded much more simplistic in my head...

Guest The Phenomenal Red

Apparently WWE has signed Johnny Gargano as tweeted by Gabe Sapolsky and confirmed on Gargano's Facebook page. Add him to WWE under a developmental deal.

Not so fast cowboy.

Earlier this evening, I reported on PWInsider.com that Ohio-based independent star Johnny Gargano was said to have been offered a WWE developmental deal according to several sources around the independent world. Gargano worked last night's WWE NXT/Smackdown taping.

Since that initial posting, at least one WWE source has expressed some doubt as to the signing and intimated to me they believed it could just be an online angle to get Gargano over. Thus, I am rescinding the original report and advising everyone to take a "wait and see" outlook as apparently Gargano will be releasing some sort of statement tomorrow.

So, I apologize for any confusion brought on by the initial posting but wanted to immediately get ahead of the story as it begins to spread in case the "signing" (which Dragon Gate USA has acknowledged publicly on their Facebook) turns out to be a planted story to attract attention for Gargano "signing" with one of the DGUSA stables by letting imaginations run wild with a cryptic statement.

Credit to PWInsider.com.

Quick note.... Francoise should be European, she was born in France. Also, she started off as a kickboxer, so tick Shooting Ability.

ALso, I'd suggest a big bump in stats as she is actually a wrestler (and fighter)... I'd bump them all up by 30. This allows her to be aight in the ring, but not good by any means. Like Maria or Ashley. Also, bump her stiffness to 29.

Source: http://joshipuroresu.blogspot.com/2007/05/francoise-huransowazu.html

have we already added a hate relationship between Randy Orton and Mr. Anderson. Not in my update but think my update is old :)

Miz and Jericho used to tweet to each other alot, now tag teaming.. Friendship?

Please dont all dislike this, dont know why so many posts are disliked :(

• Like 4

I'm looking through the people with No Pics and going to be trying to find some pictures for you to use. Since, you know... it could help?

34gqyk3.jpg

- J. Miller.

zsqrfp.jpg

- Mark Haskins

2cymqo4.jpg

- Harlem Bravado

e6xbwz.jpg

- Lance Bravado

Also, just me, but I'd probably untick Superstar Look for Chelsea and just keep her set as Diva.

And two small note on Stats, first of which being I'd increase both Bravado's (Harlem and Lance) in-ring stats (Brawl/Tech/Speed) up by five or six each. Everytime I see them they seem to improve, and yeah, right now they seem a little low.

And the second being along the same veins, increase Andy Ridge's Speed and Tech by 7 each, and his brawl by 3.

Can't wait for the July update. Hopefully I can find more pictures then.

EDIT: Two More

28irx9j.jpg

- Andy Ridge

21a9yrm.jpg

- Agent Sly Stetson

EDIT AGAIN: One last thing, Wrestlicious shouldn't have a training camp or developmental company.

Edited by Black Majik

Remove Necro Butcher from PWG (He has not appeared in PWG this year)

Add him to the Hillbilly Wrecking Crew Stable

Add a tag team with Paul London and Scott Lost called Lost In London with 3 exp and make them inactive

EDIT:

Add Tommy Dreamer to Chikara as a Upper-Midcard Face (He appeared in Chikara over the weekend and will be at a show in July, He might also be booked for June yet)

Edited by Skins