The 2010 Summer transfer thread

A friendly request...

When we are talking about clubs can we make it apparent who we are talking about?

For example, ONO said "City" and it took me a while to realise he meant Birmingham and not Manchester City, I understand we all have certain ways we refer to certain clubs, but one fan's City is not always the same as another, and the same when we refer to a club by skum, as skum to me at least is one of either Scunthorpe or Hull being a Grimsby ( :crying: ) fan. (Y)

Take it for what it's worth a friend of mine's Dad is a good frined of Stephen Ireland's dad and he told him that his son is very reluctant to leave Manchester and move his family Apparently he told Mancini at the start of the summer that if he was to be sold, it'd have to be Manchester United and them only. Things might have changed now though.

Man Utd should totally buy him. Forget the whole Manchester rivalry, City are still small-time at this point :pervert:

And their midfield really is lacking in creativity. Apart from Nani and Valencia, with Giggs and Scholes on their last legs (and likely with this season being their last), they don't really have anything. They started John O'Shea centre midfield in their friendly the other day, for Christ's sake.

Edited by Pesci

Man Utd should totally buy him. Forget the whole Manchester rivalry, City are still small-time at this point :pervert:

And their midfield really is lacking in creativity. Apart from Nani and Valencia, with Giggs and Scholes on their last legs (and likely with this season being their last), they don't really have anything. They started John O'Shea centre midfield in their friendly the other day, for Christ's sake.

Gibson? Obertan? Anderson? All promising. Not to forget Carrick as well. The last thing we're lacking is creativity.

That all said, I'd be over the moon if we got Ireland. We wont of course, but yeah, great player.

so Roy took over the club and went 'who do we have at left back?' only to be told 'well we released the only one we had and there's no money for a replacement'? He'll be solid as he was before but it shows how stupid the struture is at LFC that they'll release a guy only to resign him because they forgot to buy someone else to play his position

Gibson? Obertan? Anderson? All promising. Not to forget Carrick as well. The last thing we're lacking is creativity.

That all said, I'd be over the moon if we got Ireland. We wont of course, but yeah, great player.

Anderson is shit, Gibson is raw and hasn't looked overly good at anything except shooting from 20 yards, Carrick has an aversion to passion forwards and Obertan looked decent but is far from a Champions League prospect. You quite clearly lack creativity.

Anderson is shit, Gibson is raw and hasn't looked overly good at anything except shooting from 20 yards, Carrick has an aversion to passion forwards and Obertan looked decent but is far from a Champions League prospect. You quite clearly lack creativity.

Have to agree here, Anderson has been given so many chances to 'shine' but has failed pretty much everytime. He's a good squad player to have, but you'd never call on him as first choice. Gibson is very overrated, he's suffering from Macheda Syndrome at the moment - a good couple of games, but will he keep it up in the long run? And Carrick is again... a very good squad player but nothing more. Obertan is the nearest thing to creativity...

What exactly happened to Anderson?

I remember being really impressed by the fella in his debut season for the club but he's not done much since.

Was it a case of pretty much everything going right for the team in 07/08 and anybody would have looked good in that team?

or

Was it just him playing out of his skin, desperate to impress straight away and now he's gone back to his natural skill level?

Anderson was injured for the majority of last season. How you can call him shit is beyond me. He's shown promising signs and you seem to be forgetting that he's 22 years old and still learning. He still adds something different to our midfield with his terminator like runs too.

Gibson is a fantastic prospect. Fantastic passer of the ball too, so it's not just his shooting. One for the future without a doubt. I don't get the term that he's overrated like Macheda either, because Macheda never was overrated. I've had to bring that point up so many times, the only people who overrated Macheda were the people saying he was overrated. In fairness to him, at almost every chance given, he actually did something for the team, whether it was a great goal or a lucky one. With the chances he's actually been given, he's done damn well.

No clue where all the Carrick hate suddenly started to come from either. Granted he didn't have his best season, he's still an important player with great vision and great passing abilities.

Guess the number two club in England and one of the top ones in Europe lacks creativity though. I feel for the clubs below us then.

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

Coming second has nothing to do with having creativity. Wolves came 15th by playing extremely boring football, does that mean every team who finished below them did not have a single creative spark? It's a pretty stereotypical Man Utd fans argument. LOL WE FINISHED SECOND SO OBV. UR WRONG.

Carrick is a great squad player, but would you really have wanted him starting for England? He's a liability at times, and those moments far outnumber his good ones.

:lol: All Man Utd fans overrated Macheda. He's a nifty player, don't get me wrong, but he got the tag because of the Man Utd fans reaction to him. Namely being all "MACHEDA!!!! :w00t:"